Talk on the Net/Blogs/Round town about this case - NOT FACTS/RUMORS *merged*

Status
Not open for further replies.
the other thing to consider is given the high publicity of the case- is it possible that CSI went out much later and combed that area whilst everyone was busy with the announcement of the search being called off, or even later but had it cleared by the time the poster went back the following day?

anyone venture to guess what the other "important" things found were that would make Justic think it could be Caylee? Also anyone have an idea of what Casey was wearing that was identical to what was found at the scene?

I'm guessing it was a ballcap.

Yea, from her post, it seemed the hint was she was agreeing it was a hat, just not the same one as the one in the garbage.

the other thing to consider is given the high publicity of the case- is it possible that CSI went out much later and combed that area whilst everyone was busy with the announcement of the search being called off, or even later but had it cleared by the time the poster went back the following day?

It would not suprise me with a high profile case like this that they processe dit at turbo speed because they didnt want the location to be spotted. Further if a body was found etc thats pretty much the bulk of evidence they would need. Also if it is Caylee she has been there a long time and lets face it ground evidence just wouldnt exist aside from articles such as clothing.

I feel like people are kinda mad at me for passing on info I would want to know about this truth or not, but again neither I or this blogger Justice is saying difinitively that it is Caylee!

Goodness no I'm not mad at you for bringing info you found!!! I'm nobody but I'm certainly not mad! I do however question things when they come.

That's why I like the idea of a 'rumors thread'...so we don't get stuff shut down just because it isn't "news". I like to be able to read all the stuff and decide for myself if it's worth taking into my 'fact bag'.

A rumor thread could have stuff on it and be bumped as unconfirmed news happens. jmo, of course.

For the record, I'm not mad either.

I'd just be a tad more comfortable if the thread title wasn't laced with '?????!!!!!'

There are a ton of hopeful hearts out there that have been riding this roller-coaster for a long time, and they'll login in the morning just hoping that today is the day that Caylee could be found.

And then, let's just suppose, hypothetically, that this blogged rumour does turn out to be true...

Perhaps there is a gentler, kinder, more sensitive way to share the news?

I'm not trying to be a hall-monitor PITA. I just know my heart when BOOM when I saw the thread, and then when I read it was unvalidated, I personally felt really, really let down, yet again.

That's all I'm trying to say. Hey, I looked, too, right?

I have to say it is comforting to me in a way that even if Caylee is never found other cases might be solved by evidence found in this one because maybe that stuff doesnt pertain to Caylee but it could most certainly pertain to someone else! Others on the board have stated this as well.

For the record, I'm not mad either.

I'd just be a tad more comfortable if the thread title wasn't laced with '?????!!!!!'

There are a ton of hopeful hearts out there that have been riding this roller-coaster for a long time, and they'll login in the morning just hoping that today is the day that Caylee could be found.

And then, let's just suppose, hypothetically, that this blogged rumour does turn out to be true...

Perhaps there is a gentler, kinder, more sensitive way to share the news?

I'm not trying to be a hall-monitor PITA. I just know my heart when BOOM when I saw the thread, and then when I read it was unvalidated, I personally felt really, really let down, yet again.

That's all I'm trying to say. Hey, I looked, too, right?

Kinder and gentler way to break something that you dont even know for sure? And your assuming I have not been following this case, losing sleep, having nightmares for two months! This isnt funny to me and if its hurting your feelings perhaps you should not be reading. I am only doing what everyone else is doing, briniging things to the table to discuss. Further I was stunned and confused and the best way to get help desiphering was having a catchy and legitimate thread title!

Not trying to be skeptical about this, but I can't help but wonder after reading through those posts, ... Is it not usual practice to rope/tape off a crime scene or a possible crime scene especially with a case as publicized as this one is?

I guess I'm confused?

Re: taping off the crime scene..........here's a post made Sunday from WS'er "marellano" that was also on one of the search teams (wonder if they could of been on the same team ??)

--------------------------

09-07-2008, 05:38 PM
marellano
Registered User Join Date: Sep 2007

I got home from the search about an hour ago and I have been pondering what to post on here. I want to say something without saying too much, if you know what I mean. I've rewritten this several times to try to get it right.

It was very hot today, but no different than any other Florida summer day. We were encouraged to drink a lot of water. Our ATV driver had a cooler with him that was fully stocked.

The ground has dried significantly. We didn't encounter any substantial water today in any of my searches (other than ponds, lakes, etc). Yesterday was pretty much the same. Some muddy areas, but nothing major. There were areas with standing water that most likely had been dry in the past, but we're not talking about 3 feet of water...nothing that major. Are there swamps to deal with? Yes, but that will always be the case in Florida. I'm not saying that the conditions I had were the same for other searchers, but that was my experience yesterday and today.

Today’s search was eventful and productive. After leaving command center, I returned to my search location and it was blocked off with police tape. I will be watching the news closely over the next few days.

That's really all I can say. I would love to go into more details, but I just can't. I'm not trying to be mysterious and cryptic, but I would hate to jeopardize the investigation in any way.

Since Tim has said that the search was called off for environmental reasons, I guess we just have to take that at face value and trust that Tim knows what he is doing. I've only met him today and he seems like a top-notch guy.

I don't want to dash anyone's hopes, but I can tell you that there were a lot of things found over the course of the search, including dog remains in a baby blanket. I learned not to get my hopes up that she's been found. I sure hope it's true, but take it from me, it sure hurts when you find out it's not. Best to keep hopeful but cautious for your own sanity.

I think we need to be careful with this, guys. Even if the person is telling the truth, Tim and TES had those searching sign a non-disclosure agreement for a reason. If one of the searchers is unwilling to honor that agreement, I am very disappointed in that person.

If someone can't restrain themselves and honor what they agreed to, then maybe we -- as a group who does respect and honor Tim's dedication and hard work (and LE's investigation) -- shouldn't further promote information that clearly, by signed agreement, wasn't to have been made public (even if it is true, which we have no way to verify).

Not trying to be a party-pooper here. It's certainly exciting to think that precious little angel may have been found. But I think so much of Tim and understand why he requires that agreement to be signed by searchers. That searcher needs to think about how spilling anything they might know could affect LE's investigation. I just don't want to see any of us or our site pulled into something that might in any way cause a problem in that regard.

Again, truly I'm not trying to put a damper on potentially exciting news...but (1) it's not verifiable and (2) it definitely shouldn't have been put in the public domain at this point, even if it is truthful. (And Ras, I'm talking about that searcher, not you!)

Just something to consider. :blowkiss:

I have to say it is comforting to me in a way that even if Caylee is never found other cases might be solved by evidence found in this one because maybe that stuff doesnt pertain to Caylee but it could most certainly pertain to someone else! Others on the board have stated this as well.

Be sure to read my post 70.......a post made Sunday from WS'er "marellano",
(who also searched) talks of their area being taped off & the team sent home early.

I dont think she has broken any rules I think she was just trying to give the info she could and she has not gone into any further detail, nor has she made any specific claims either way.

Tim's Equusearch organization should be upheld, and it's not upheld as long as people like justice4caylee are out here spreading internet rumors, when they signed a confidentiality agreement to participate in the search (if indeed they participated in the search).

Show me what I posted in details that break the agreement that we sign to search!
Furthermore, I have a LOT of respect for Tim and would credit anything that we (or anyone else) found to his organization. I wasn't sweating my *advertiser censored* off searching for YOU Skeptic, I wasn't searching for Kevin Beary, I was searching for Caylee and thank Tim Miller for giving Orlando citizens the opportunity to help search for her.
You need to get off your high horse and read all the post that leads to the last few posts. Then you will see that your making accusations about something that you know nothing about.
I never gave details about anything. I just said that after seeing the search called off I was suspicious that Caylee was found, I never said that it was what "WE" found. I don't know what we found, if anything relevant to this case. I simply said I agree that it was strange how fast and sudden the search was called off. plain & simple. Say what you want about me, I could careless. I know what I said, I know what we found, I DO NOT KNOW IF IT WAS CAYLEE and never said it was.

Be sure to read my post 70.......a post made Sunday from WS'er "marellano",
(who also searched) talks of their area being taped off & the team sent home early.

That is three people now that account the same story online, so I am going to say there is validity to this.

I have no idea if they found her or not and am trying to be patient, but as far as discovery goes, they need to sit on those charges until it is air tight. No time limit on murder. They will have to do DNA to identify. Until they have DNA and know for sure that it is Caylee, they can't do anything for two reasons. First, when they charge they do have to hand over anything they plan to use in court and anything that could clear her. Until they charge her, they don't have to tell what they have.

Second, once they charge her the clock starts ticking. Baez will invoke speedy trial to give the LE less time to tie up loose ends. They need to tie them up first. I hate being patient, but I am trying to be for the sake of justice for Caylee. It's driving me crazy waiting tho!!

Thanks HRCODEPINK.

My memory isn't what it used to be...more teflon colander than steel trap these days.:clown:

I agree - in Texas, I'm sure there is no statute of limitations on murder but what about Florida?

I thought I remember Judge Neapolitano (sp?) say that if LE didn't bring murder charges before lesser charges are adjudicated, they would never be able to prosecute the murder because they are "related charges." He said that to bring murder charges later would result in double jeopardy, which we all know is a no-no.

Maybe I misunderstood, could you help me?

Wow, I want to believe this is Caylee, but until it is verified, who knows. LE doesn't have to release anything soon. KC is not due in court on current charges until Nov. I would think they have a month or so to continue putting something together until they make bigger charges.

On another thread a well-known poster is talking about a search in very gator infested waters. I wouldn't think LE would jeopardize people if this was truly Casey. TM's pull-out does seem strange and the search this week-end is by people still searching on their own. I'm so torn right now.

If they knew it was Caylee would they by law have to notify her next of kin (Casey) in a certain amount of time or is that just a courtesy?

If they knew it was Caylee would they by law have to notify her next of kin (Casey) in a certain amount of time or is that just a courtesy?

Actually no I dont think so, I think they only have to notify her before they release it to the public. I think they wouldnt release it right away if it was her or when they find her. They not only have to solve the case they have to build one and that means they need their ducks in a row. Also they dont want to compromise the case and have Casey know things before they are ready for her too. They want her as in the dark as possible so they can have the one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419