Tammi Peters Smith Psych Profile and indicators

This is a good time to start asking for permission to post these per JBean in Threadiquette:

If something was posted as public and then removed you might be able to post it, it is up to te mod of the forum and it depends on who, what, when and where.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Threadiquette

For the items we get permission to post, we could post the item one time in the facebook/myspace thread, along with the mod's permission included in the post, and then in other threads we can just link to that post when we refer to it. I think this would keep us out of trouble, and our mods from having to do clean up work.

Thoughts?

The one catch there is that it is not public; TS' page is private

I have some issues with long-range and amateur diagnosis. As someone who has seen a lot of therapy from the patient's perspective (ha!) I've often wondered what my wonderful doctor thinks is wrong with me....but a psychologist friend once talked about a woman we knew (a diagnosed borderline personality) who had adopted a bunch of kids when they were young and then proceeded to abandon them (emotionally and then physically) when they became teenagers and started to become whole people, separate individuals rather than just "her children." While we often applaud parents who adopt unwanted or troubled children (as the woman I know did), it's a bad sign if a would-be adoptive parent's own biological children are absent or estranged or visibly alienated. Then, the need to adopt is for selfish purposes--to fill up an insatiable emptiness inside, a big borderline trait. But I think there are some non-psychiatric words that describe TS just as well. Monumentally selfish and self-involved. Oblivious to the needs and feelings of others. Manipulative. A serial liar. And if she's pointing the "evil" and "Satan" finger at others, there are at least three of her own fingers point back--at her.

She and EJ: a perfect storm of self-involvement.

I prefaced this thread with a specific caveat. This is not a clinical setting therefore no true diagnosis can be made. Given the evidence, (behavioral history and current documented behavior) the best that can be done here is an educated hypothesis.

I have nearly 14 years experience in the MH field (seven years as a primary counselor). I was three credits short of a second major degree in Psychology in college. All of my book knowledge was vastly eclipsed by my experience working directly with dual diagnosis and psychiatric patients. I was also tutored by three of the greatest psychiatric minds in my locality. I was blessed by this experience. I never claimed to be an expert. More of an "armchair profiler"...

pittsburghgirl, I totally see where you are coming from and I hope this clears this up for you.

I prefaced this thread with a specific caveat. This is not a clinical setting therefore no true diagnosis can be made. Given the evidence, (behavioral history and current documented behavior) the best that can be done here is an educated hypothesis.

I have nearly 14 years experience in the MH field (seven years as a primary counselor). I was three credits short of a second major degree in Psychology in college. All of my book knowledge was vastly eclipsed by my experience working directly with dual diagnosis and psychiatric patients. I was also tutored by three of the greatest psychiatric minds in my locality. I was blessed by this experience. I never claimed to be an expert. More of an "armchair profiler"...

pittsburghgirl, I totally see where you are coming from and I hope this clears this up for you.

Sounds to me like you well qualify to be verified by Tricia as one of our Professional Posters. I sure hope you'll consider it, Dane, but understand if you choose not to.

While I am flattered, I need to decline that type of label or status here. I am currently sidelined from that profession by a disability. My interests are very selective. The dynamics in this case are extraordinary and I was drawn like a moth to the flame...

Just a fellow "sleuther" searching for the truth and I pray that little Gabriel will be returned to his father.

Hi, Dane, thanks for the reply. I could see that their were posters who have considerably more experience with diagnosis than I do (Mine: ZERO.) I just wanted to make it clear that I can't tell what is wrong with this particular fruit loop, although it is easy to see that something is indeed wrong. I enjoy reading the thread; I just wanted to clarify my own lack of credentials to contribute to it--although a long history of work to recover from living with a mother who was, at the very least, a world-class narcissist, gives me some experience in recognizing The Narcissistic Mother. Keep posting! I'll keep reading.

Actually it is the behavior that are the indicators. Your observations are spot on!! You have a keen eye!!

"Monumentally selfish and self-involved. Oblivious to the needs and feelings of others. Manipulative. A serial liar. And if she's pointing the "evil" and "Satan" finger at others, there are at least three of her own fingers point back--at her."

All psychology does is classify these behaviors...

OK I have been doing some research and I dont see how TS can Have her buisness and it be Legal. If anybody would like to take this challenge on get back with me and I can explain "Why"

OK I have been doing some research and I dont see how TS can Have her buisness and it be Legal. If anybody would like to take this challenge on get back with me and I can explain "Why"

Feel free to start a thread or find the one where it goes and enlighten us.

Just my PSA. The only verified poster on this forum in the area of psychology is Russell creator of the BRACE profile. His hat is knot4u2no.

So any and all posts on this thread are not professional in nature and just the opinions through experience and research of our members.
I respectfully request that those that have not been verififed do not answer as experts and this applies to any area of expertise.

Please see my signature link titled "Expert Poster information"

thank you.

Ok now maybe in right forum... this fits tammi I think. Psychopathic narcissism
Snipped:
Intersting article re psychopathic narcissism (hmm)
Snipped:
Charming, seductive and eloquent they are, and they use all those abilities when lying, manipulating and betraying. Psychopaths and narcissists can slash a path of human misery through lives of dozens, or hundreds, and even thousands, of people. They bring pain and suffering to nearly everyone they touch. And yet, somehow, they manage to convince their victims that it is they who are being wronged.

There is a reason for that: they actually do feel that they are victims because somewhere inside, they know that they are not like the majority of the human population, and this knowledge is coupled with a fundamental need to be in control, to be in charge. That they - a minority - cannot be in charge of the majority appears to them as a great injustice, one that they will fight to the death to right!

What you - a normal person - need now more than anything else is knowledge of what you are going through, or have been through, and an understanding of exactly what you are dealing with, in order to make sense of it all.

Psychopathy and narcissism are just two of several related and often overlapping conditions that afflict a portion of the population. These people are, effectively, human beings that are intraspecies predators; they look human, but they operate on a foundation that is more akin to that of an animal than a human.

Since all creatures seek survival, these pseudo-humans learn very early what behaviors get them what they want and need, including pretense to normal human emotions and empathy. Many of them can maintain this pretense - this "Mask of Sanity" - for a very long time; others let the mask slip sooner, or more often.

What they want varies by individual, but the most persistent need seems to be control and those things that give them control. For the brighter members of this taxon (for that is what it surely is), that means power and money; for the lazier and less driven members, it can mean other things: control over a spouse, children, a family, or the maintenance of a parasitic lifestyle at your expense. In extreme cases, this urge for control can be expressed in murder
http://friedgreentomatoes.org/

BBM....I was going over my thoughts on TS, and this really stuck out to me. Great post BTW. After reviewing the case calendar, EJ posted the need for a nanny, and that night she called TayJay. The next day she leaves Gabriel with them. To me, I see TS as a wolf on the prowl. She smelled EJ's vulnerablility and went in for the attack. I see TS interacting with EJ much like EJ interacted with her attorney at the custody hearing. EJ looked to her for advice, what to do, and when to do it. She looked to me like she wanted to talk, but couldn't. I'm even wondering if "HG" was sent by TS to make sure EJ stuck to the plan. He could be someone EJ was seeing, or he could have been someone TS knows. Either scenario works for me. But, TS knows how wishy-washy EJ was, so she would need some kind of assurance that the plan would be followed.

BBM....I was going over my thoughts on TS, and this really stuck out to me. Great post BTW. After reviewing the case calendar, EJ posted the need for a nanny, and that night she called TayJay. The next day she leaves Gabriel with them. To me, I see TS as a wolf on the prowl. She smelled EJ's vulnerablility and went in for the attack. I see TS interacting with EJ much like EJ interacted with her attorney at the custody hearing. EJ looked to her for advice, what to do, and when to do it. She looked to me like she wanted to talk, but couldn't. I'm even wondering if "HG" was sent by TS to make sure EJ stuck to the plan. He could be someone EJ was seeing, or he could have been someone TS knows. Either scenario works for me. But, TS knows how wishy-washy EJ was, so she would need some kind of assurance that the plan would be followed.

Haven't thought about a connection between TS and HG. Very possible Kiss. The idea of that connection makes me worry though because I'm a firm believer that TS does not know where Gabriel is. She came up with the plan but it failed in my opinion. So if HG was sent by TS to make sure EJ stayed in check, he would of left if TS called off her plan, leaving EJ alone with Gabriel. I'm really holding on to HG being a connection to whoever has Gabriel.

Haven't thought about a connection between TS and HG. Very possible Kiss. The idea of that connection makes me worry though because I'm a firm believer that TS does not know where Gabriel is. She came up with the plan but it failed in my opinion. So if HG was sent by TS to make sure EJ stayed in check, he would of left if TS called off her plan, leaving EJ alone with Gabriel. I'm really holding on to HG being a connection to whoever has Gabriel.

After coming to my own conlusion about TS, and reviewing this thread, I am spot on with the others' assessment of TS...thankfully they did all the work in getting the name's of the diagnoses.
With that in mind, I feel TS thought she was in charge of the whole thing in SA. I think EJ was emotionally vulnerable, and the predator smelled that and attempted to manipulate EJ to get what she wanted. EJ may have gone with her own Plan A though, and took off to SA on her own. But, I think TS knows in the end where Gabriel is, or knows someone who knows, which to me could be "HG". I also think TS is so warped, she actually believes she could get Gabriel in the future, because in her mind LM is unfit and she is the best choice. In her mind...pigs fly. This is MOO.

ETA, once EJ gave Gabriel to the "couple", or "HG" gave him to the couple, they could have easily gone their separate ways. If he was sent by TS, EJ may not even know his real name, so she couldn't give more info other than a description.

Sorry, kiss. I just don't see EJ as a wilting flower or puppet at all. Both she and TS are predators. Both are controlling. Both are devious. They each saw the other as a means to their own ends, but it didn't work for very long. EJ couldn't and wouldn't tolerate anyone telling her what to do, so she went off on her own plan. Nobody but EJ is in charge of EJ.

MOO

Sorry, kiss. I just don't see EJ as a wilting flower or puppet at all. Both she and TS are predators. Both are controlling. Both are devious. They each saw the other as a means to their own ends, but it didn't work for very long. EJ couldn't and wouldn't tolerate anyone telling her what to do, so she went off on her own plan. Nobody but EJ is in charge of EJ.

MOO

No, EJ is def. not a wilting flower. Maybe a distraught lioness. I do see her as vulnerable though, if she is to be believed at all when she talks about how she was so emotional, and just crying and upset. IF, and that's a big if she can be believed at all.
I think TS has more practice with manipulating, and came across to EJ as a loving Christian mother who would provide a wonderful family for Gabriel because she sensed that was what she needed to do to get EJ's confidence in her. EJ may have realized that would not work, and went with her own plan in the end though. Good grief....this is all so frustrating. I just want Gabriel found. :(

Ignore me. Maybe EJ just fired TS like she tried to fire her attorney because she can't tolerate being told what to do. Sorry to those I may have upset, in no way do I sympathize with EJ, just FTR.

MOO

I agree wholeheartedly, and very reluctantly add that what I observed in EJ's court appearance for custody is very disturbing. She showed little emotion until the question "who did you give custody of your child to?". She then became very emotional and turned her head away, as if in shame. Or at least that is what I interpreted.

I believe she did not want to be asked individual questions by the judge because she was afraid her emotions would 'give away' that she harmed Gabriel. Her attorney tried very hard to prevent the questioning with a "blanket" invoking of the 5th amendment on all questions up front, but the judge insisted on asking the questions anyway, forcing EJ to invoke her right to remain silent on each individual question. She retained her equilibrium right up until being asked who she last saw Gabriel with and who she gave custody of him to. I hate saying it, but I don't think her emotion at that point was because she was trying to protect anyone but herself.

Did anyone else 'read' this into her testimony?

ETA: I also now believe that her attorney has known this from early on, and that is why EJ made the comment about getting 20 years anyway and not even trying to "swing a deal", to our knowledge anyway.

It would be interesting to know if JS have been out of state in the past few months. I know TS probably can't due to her charges, but doesn't mean JS can't take a little trip since he's not a POI....just thinking...

This whole thing smells of them. Especially after watching the news.

It seems as though she is posting bible verses to her FB to justify her actions. Her most recent one is about helping the weak. Then there is one about being wise and taking advice and she is thanking God for the directions for life. The one prior to that is about doing good.

Is she justifying her actions by quoting scripture to herself or is she going to say God told me to do it?

She seems to me to be the type that as long as she's "living by God" and spouting his words, nothing she does is actually wrong. I mean, seriously, how can she do wrong when she's preaching his words? <insert sarcasm> When I was younger, one of our area pastors was caught stealing money from the church. When he was arrested, he just kept repeating Bible verses. Something tells me we'll see the same from TS *when* she's arrested. That smirk and high and mighty attitude will never leave her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back