Tammy Faye

I couldn't believe what I was seeing--She looked like a monster, she hardly looked human--The poor thing is down to only 65 pounds--She must have only days to live--It was horrible bad luck that her colon cancer,which she thought she had beaten, had spread to her lungs... and now she has been completely ravaged by it--awful sight

I really don't see how she's still alive either. Usually people with advanced cancer don't feel like eating much; and begin to waste away - as cancer cells multiply at a huge rate and literally eat up the normal cells.

I wonder if she is having artificial feeding, through a tube or something. Still, it seems like her pain would be too bad for her to get out. She must be on a good dose of morphine as well.

Poor thing...I can't imagine. I sure hope she finds peace soon.

At least LK was nice to her. He gets on my nerves these days. He's always so abrasive with his guess.

Nan, I have grown to like her a lot as well. I admire her strength and her faith. I cried and cried last night during her interview with Larry King. What an amazing woman. She certainly doesn't deserve the suffering she is enduring. I'm going to pray for her every day.
In a way, I am glad that I didn't see the show. It would have made me very sad, too. I wonder if she has an email address or somewhere that we can send well wishes.

I wasn't a big fan of her's when they ripped all those people off, but it broke my heart as well seeing her so close to the end. She's had a hell of a life and has a family who loves her to bits! I hope that God welcomes her with open arms and that she's relieved of all of her pain and suffering. I hope when my time comes I can be as brave and handle myself with all of the dignity that she's shown.

I remember the days when the media would mock her and make fun of her overdone makeup. I have grown to really like her throughout the years. She has handled adversity very well and is always so upbeat. May the Lord be with her and take her into His loving arms. My father died of colon cancer. It also spread to his liver and lungs and he had painful tumors on his hips. It is very sad. Life is fragile, and you never know what the future holds. :eek:
nan, I feel the same about Tammy Faye. She is a strong loving human. Sorry to hear that about your dad.:blowkiss:

I really don't see how she's still alive either. Usually people with advanced cancer don't feel like eating much; and begin to waste away - as cancer cells multiply at a huge rate and literally eat up the normal cells.

I wonder if she is having artificial feeding, through a tube or something. Still, it seems like her pain would be too bad for her to get out. She must be on a good dose of morphine as well.
Maybe her purpose is not done...she does have a strong will.

I too became a fan of Tammy's along the way. After watching the Surreal Life show and seeing first hand what an absolutely kind and non-judgemental person she is. And so genuine in her faith that fellow housemates ranging from ex-*advertiser censored* star Ron Jeremy to Flava Flave became captivated by her genuiness.

I too cried throughout the Larry King interview the other evening. Tammy did say that she takes morphine for the pain. And I think the makeup is to please HER - she always wore her makeup and is not stopping now, so you've got to hand it to her! (And as always about Tammy's makeup, my thoughts were "a little less would be better" - but she is the one who gets to decide.)

Despite her 65 pound weight, her smile was beautiful and her eyes lit up when she joked with Larry, which was so nice to see. She obviously is fully functioning mentally and has retained her sense of humor despite being in constant pain, which is always just awful.

Yes, the end is surely near for her. I think she did a brave thing by appearing on camera at this stage of her illness. She had a strong message to give about faith in God and she obviously wanted to give that message out in her own way. Despite the sadness in seeing her suffering, I'm glad she did.

And I think she will be remembered for a lot more than her eyelashes!

I would gander that being as she has long admitted to having had certain aspects of her makeup tattoo'd on her face, she feels the need to fill things in so she doesn't look half made up. Plus, it probably makes her feel good... and at this point in her battle with pain and cancer, if putting her signature style of makeup on is one aspect of life that feels good, then more power to her. My mom and I were talking about her yesterday and my mom was shocked by her appearance. Personally, I was in awe of her strength... it overpowered the fact of how sick she looks. The little lady isn't going down down without a fight... she's met things head on, filled with love, spirit and courage. When I am at the door of mortal end, I hope I have at least half the courage and spirit Tammy Faye has...

I have seen one person look like that and she died within a couple of days from cancer.
I did not like Tammy during her Jim Baker days but have found she is a very lovable/likeable person. Damn if she ain't a fighter. Go Tammy, fight till the end.

"And I think she will be remembered for a lot more than her eyelashes!"

Like a few years ago when she and her husband convinced hundreds of elderly people to give up their life savings to the "church",so it could afford her and her husband,at the very least,to install air conditioning in their dog houses,and stopped only because they were caught.

With that being said ... I honestly do wish Tammy has made amends with her maker. I don't like to see anyone in pain or suffering....not even Tammy Faye.

"And I think she will be remembered for a lot more than her eyelashes!"

Like a few years ago when she and her husband convinced hundreds of elderly people to give up their life savings to the "church",so it could afford her and her husband,at the very least,to install air conditioning in their dog houses,and stopped only because they were caught.

With that being said ... I honestly do wish Tammy has made amends with her maker. I don't like to see anyone in pain or suffering....not even Tammy Faye.

Just reported on FOX news, Tammy Faye has died. :(

God rest her soul.

fran

I think I'm glad for her on second thought. Rest In Peace. Well Done Tammy Faye.

OH NO. Oh my gosh.

I just saw this thread yesterday and showed it to my hubby. I told him I was sure after hearing and seeing her, she would be gone within a week.

She's in a much better place now.

fran

OH NO. Oh my gosh.

Oh that is just so sad. She seemed like a lovely non judgemental person and there are to few of those in this world. Well at least she is out of pain and in the arms of the lord. RIP Tammy Faye, I will always remember you with fondness in my heart.

CNN is showing a special, the LKL show from the other night. Their website says she died yesterday.

CNN is showing a special, the LKL show from the other night. Their website says she died yesterday.

It was obvious in that interview that she was struggling. I think people around the world immediately started praying that the Lord would take her home without any further pain and suffering; and those prayers have been answered.

Rest in Eternal Peace, Tammy Faye.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back