GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it ever been disclosed by friends or family whether Heather's phone was PIN/password protected?
I can't find it anywhere, but I think one of the witnesses (maybe a phone expert?) was asked that yesterday and said it was PIN/password protected. I don't remember us discussing it, but I swear I remember hearing it. Anybody else remember that?

MSM Testimony from yesterday regarding the phones, although I see an error where it says HE called the payphone 90 times:

The prosecution called Mike Melson - an expert witness when it comes to analyzing cell phone data.

Around 1:30 in the morning on December 18th, the Moorer's cell phones pinged a tower in the area where a payphone called Heather Elvis' phone. A call Heather received at 1:33 a.m.

Melson said Heather Elvis then leaves her home and goes to Longbeards where she called that pay phone number back 90 times. He said Heather then went back to her house and called Sidney Moorer's phone.. The call was picked up at 3:17 in the morning and lasted 4 minutes. Heather then went to the Peachtree boat landing and called Sidney Moorer. The last call from her phone was 3:41 in the morning.

The prosecution asked Melson, "Did you ever see her cell phone use the tower by Peachtree landing before the 18th?" Melson answered no.

The defense questioned the tracking of cell phone data.

"You don't track people you track phone numbers," said defense attorney Greg McCollum.

McCullom asked Melson, "So you don't really know what happened to her?"

Melson said, "Not from phone records no."

Day 2 of testimony in Tammy Moorer kidnapping trial

Last edited:
Here is some testimony from yesterday regarding that video that was hard to hear:

Carmen Rodriguez with the Horry County Sheriff's Office testifies to a meeting she had with Tammy Moorer when she came to follow up on complaints of harassment. The court played a recording of their conversation that Rodriguez said Tammy willingly gave. In the recording, Tammy discusses the last 6 phone calls on Heather Elvis' phone.

"She told me she heard Heather's voice on the phone call so she knew it was her," said Rodriguez.

The defense argued that anyone could've gotten Heather and called the last number on her phone several times to change the spotlight of suspicion. Rodriguez testified that during the conversation Tammy took a picture of evidence Rodriguez found.

"A key that was found in Heather's car belonged to a hotel room that they had rented together because it was in his name," said Rodriguez.

The defense argued that Tammy said her and Sidney had an open marriage not causing a jealous rage, but the prosecution painted a different picture from Tammy's Facebook post.

Day 2 of testimony in Tammy Moorer kidnapping trial

another article about the video since we didn't quite hear everything:

In the recorded conversation, the detective showed [Tammy] Moorer a hotel key found in Elvis’ car and Sidney’s receipt to the room because she wanted to “explain what Heather and Sidney had was a little more serious.” “[Tammy Moorer] was putting different things [on social media] that it was just a hop skip and jump in the backseat of the car,” Rodriguez told the court.

Moorer’s lawyers, however, noted that the defendant didn’t appear to have an emotional reaction to news of the hotel room rendezvous, only taking a photo of the receipt.

Rodriguez testified the conversation was at the behest of Moorer, who visited the department to follow up on reports of alleged harassment that she filed.

Moorer allegedly was concerned for the welfare of her children, claiming that vigilantes were trespassing on her property looking for evidence in the 20-year-old’s disappearance.

“She is coming in complaining about her children being harassed and in the same breath, she is calling [Heather Elvis] a psycho *advertiser censored*,” Senior Assistant Solicitor Nancy Livesay said.

Wife who allegedly kidnapped husband’s lover claims they had open marriage

Previously, I followed all the Tweets.
Last night (my time) I listened to the video, about the search warrant episode.
This worries me.
Prosecution, had not introduced this.
They only asked the Officer, about Walmart, receipt etc.
Why not, question about the Search Warrant, as the Defense had?
I felt there was a reason perhaps, Defense spent so much time, questioning the Officer about this.
I certainly hope I am wrong.:(:(
I did love, the Prosecution, asking ONE question, on follow up: "Did you find the Pregnancy Test"?:):):)
Hope I am wrong, in wondering about the extensive questioning, about this Search Warrant, by the Defense.

another article about the video since we didn't quite hear everything:

In the recorded conversation, the detective showed [Tammy] Moorer a hotel key found in Elvis’ car and Sidney’s receipt to the room because she wanted to “explain what Heather and Sidney had was a little more serious.” “[Tammy Moorer] was putting different things [on social media] that it was just a hop skip and jump in the backseat of the car,” Rodriguez told the court.

Moorer’s lawyers, however, noted that the defendant didn’t appear to have an emotional reaction to news of the hotel room rendezvous, only taking a photo of the receipt.

Rodriguez testified the conversation was at the behest of Moorer, who visited the department to follow up on reports of alleged harassment that she filed.

Moorer allegedly was concerned for the welfare of her children, claiming that vigilantes were trespassing on her property looking for evidence in the 20-year-old’s disappearance.

“She is coming in complaining about her children being harassed and in the same breath, she is calling [Heather Elvis] a psycho *advertiser censored*,” Senior Assistant Solicitor Nancy Livesay said.

Wife who allegedly kidnapped husband’s lover claims they had open marriage

I really love Nancy Livesay's fire and passion. She is a staunch advocate for the victim and their families. You can see her passion rev up and know that she is getting ready to stick it to the defendant. As an observer you are on the edge of your seat thinking "YES". She is a fighter and does not back down until she has to. She will give it her all to acquire justice for Heather. I loved watching her use Tammy's own words to discredit her in open court.

Marissa Tansino WMBF‏ @MarissaTansino
We’re getting ready for day 4 of the trial for Tammy Moorer. Expecting to hear more testimony today. I’ll be here updating you throughout the day.

DpOzVs8WwAA4N4G.jpg

Marissa Tansino WMBF on Twitter

:D

Good Morning my fellow "Justice for Heather" sleuthers!!! I'm looking forward to today's testimony. Yesterday was a lot of fire and heat from Ms. Livesay! She isn't messing around this time!! I love it! I wonder if/when ol' Sid or Tammy will take the stand? Let's see how the Mrs. is dressed today .. surely she would want to look her best while spouting her lies :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288