Tampering Investigation Who? What? When? Where? We already know why!

Thanks to Fl Girl at IS:

Florida Bar confirms new complaint against Jose Baez

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-jose-baez-bar-complaint-20110202,0,6636437.story

:floorlaugh:

From the article:

The Florida Bar has confirmed that a new complaint has been lodged against Casey Anthony attorney Jose Baez.

"There's a file open and anything else is confidential at this time," said Karen Kirksey, a spokeswoman for The Florida Bar, adding that the complaint is "at staff" level at this point in the process

"That means the Bar is looking into it, asking questions, just looking to see if it has any merit," Kirksey said. "No probable cause has been found."

Baez hung up the phone as soon as a reporter called to ask about the complaint this morning.

:giggle:

I hope it is MN, and BC that filed this latest complaint. It may actually work this time :)

Baez hung up the phone as soon as a reporter called to ask about the complaint this morning.

--respectfully snipped from ynot

I am betting it wasn't a WESH reporter calling. :rolleyes:

One thing that every judge and state's attorney has to be concerned about is that there are no appeal issues after the trial. Inadequate representation is an appeal issue that could get her a new trial. (And I really fear that she may have a lock on that already.) Still that representation would have to be really really bad before they would interfere. That may also be why the judges seem to be schooling JB at times. They wouldn't interfere unless the attorney's misrepresentation was really bad, but if it became egregious then yeah I think they pretty much have to interfere. If what we believe is true, his actions have not only been egregious, they may have been criminal. If his actions are criminal, then as officers of the court they have an obligation to investigate and take action on any findings.

If action is taken on JB the trial won't be starting in May. No new attorney would have time to get caught up on all the info and evidence, do the research and develop a defense strategy by May. So if any action is taken against JB, don't expect a trial until at least next year. Even if the second chair takes over the case, he would need a new second chair and need to develop his own strategies, so still will need more time before trial.

How could Casey realistically win an appeal on the basis of "inadequate representation?" Casey Anthony has every right to fire her attorneys and has had almost three years to do so.

Judge Stickland was very wise to make it so Casey had to be at all evidentiary hearings... and that order was upheld by Judge Perry. She has been witness to all of Jose's antics in the courtroom and from all accounts, she seems to enjoy Jose's antics. Judge Strickland even made a point to ask Casey, at one point, if she was happy with her representation and she said "yes."

Jose is also not the only attorney that has represented Casey in these past few years. Casey, at one point, had nationally respected attorneys sitting beside her in that courtroom... we may not like what they do and how they do it... but it doesn't take away the fact that these two women, Linda Kenney Baden and Andrea Lyon are well respected by their peers and are good at what they do.

These two women, AL and LKB, may not be there now, but Casey Anthony now has two more women, and by all accounts, are well respected within their community and among their peers. Ann Finnell and Dorthy Clay-Sims. Cheney Mason, although we may not like his antics, is a very respected attorney, who continues to have high profile clients seek out his services.

This tampering investigation has nothing to do with Casey's case. They are seperate cases. The allegations of tampering, unless JB calls LB to the stand, will not even come up at Casey's trial. Casey's trial is going to be about Caylee... about the murder of an innocent two-year-old baby. All this other crap that has gone on the past, nearly, three years is not going to even be a factor in this trial.

I am willing to let LE do their job in investigating anyone who has tried to thwart Justice for Caylee... but until then... we have a trial in 3 months and a few days... I am keeping with the thought that this will go to trial in May... that the defense will remain as it is for this trial and little Caylee will see justice by her 6th Birthday.

:great::woohoo::woohoo::rocker:
Because Caylee deserves for this to be over in one trial and of course because her killer deserves a competent defense but mostly because karma apparently hates baby killer apologists. Woohooo!! How long does a Bar Complaint take?

Bet he isn't smirking today teehee. Our amazing forensic astrologers predicted JB was going to have a rough time for the next many months, right through trial. :rocker::rocker::rocker:

I hope it is MN, and BC that filed this latest complaint. It may actually work this time :)

My guess is it could be! I also wonder about K Sims. Wouldn't put it past AL either but she'd do it for less altruistic reasons IMO.

Hmmm... wonder who filed a bar complaint? Can't anyone file a complaint? I would think if it were Brad Conway, he would have done it sooner. Maybe it is LB? Maybe she is trying to right her wrong... which will never be fully righted. Very interesting!

I might have to take back what I said about this trial going forward in May... the waters are getting mighty muddy and that is not a good thing three months away from trial.

My problem is this... Casey seems happy with JB as her attorney. I think as long as Casey is happy with what she has representing her... so be it. Maybe it's time to ask Casey again, if she is happy with her representation? Just to get it on the record...

I don't know? :banghead:

Hmmm... wonder who filed a bar complaint? Can't anyone file a complaint? I would think if it were Brad Conway, he would have done it sooner. Maybe it is LB? Maybe she is trying to right her wrong... which will never be fully righted. Very interesting!

I might have to take back what I said about this trial going forward in May... the waters are getting mighty muddy and that is not a good thing three months away from trial.

My problem is this... Casey seems happy with JB as her attorney. I think as long as Casey is happy with what she has representing her... so be it. Maybe it's time to ask Casey again, if she is happy with her representation? Just to get it on the record...

I don't know? :banghead:

BBM - She does like his hair, after all!! :loser:

Wouldn't it be hoot if it was Todd M complaining about misuse of the funds he donated to the defense.

I'm guessing but I would think JB would ask the Bar if he could respond to the complaint after the trial because he needs time and right now his focus is on the upcoming trial. I would hope that is what he would do instead of going to HHJP and asking to move the trial date because he needs to come up with some type of defense regarding the complaint file with the Bar. jmo

I'm guessing but I would think JB would ask the Bar if he could respond to the complaint after the trial because he needs time and right now his focus is on the upcoming trial. I would hope that is what he would do instead of going to HHJP and asking to move the trial date because he needs to come up with some type of defense regarding the complaint file with the Bar. jmo

Or, he could just instruct WmS to write another affidavit illustrating another act of thwartation.

You can bet Casey and Cindy think JB is the cats meow. Willing to do anything to get her off. When that doesn't happen their backup plan is to call foul and turn everything around and go against JB blaming him for her conviction. The whole thing is so predictable. Is it possible Judge Perry is the one to lodge a complaint this time? We know Strickland did.

Wouldn't it be hoot if it was Todd M complaining about misuse of the funds he donated to the defense.

Do we really think that ToddM took money out of his pocket to give to KC's defense? Isn't that illegal because he's on the defense team? Or did he just write off that money for expenses while he was in Florida? In other words, it may have cost im $70,000 (use of his plane, food, lodging, etc.) while he was in Florida and donated that money in order to write it off as expenses. So KC never really had the money. He just provided the money so he could pay himself back for expenses and it's a write-off for him. ToddM was in court too many times when it was not necessary for him to be there. jmo

HHSS began an investigation regarding ethics involving JB. This baffled me at the time and I did no research to resolve my bafflement. There were so many other things that I was interested in at the time.

How is it possible if HHBP could begin/continue or be aware of this investigation? Wouldn't there be a question of bias? So confused...and very sorry if this has been discussed and answered already. This is a DP case and the trial is in May. The investigation reveals some serious stuff.

TIA

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen