Teen Arraigned in Phoebe Prince Case Arrested for Drunken Driving

I wonder if Austins conscience may be getting to him...if it is, I hope he comes clean, for his sake.

He's the only one not charged with harassing and/or stalking Phoebe. Maybe he does have a heart.

Holyoke Police Sgt. Larry Cournoyer told 22News that Renaud was arrested at the corner of Northampton Street and Elmwood Avenue around 3 a.m. on Sunday. Sgt. Cournoyer said that his car was damaged and officers could tell he had been drinking because he had bloodshot eyes and was swaying back and forth. Renaud told police he struck a curb and he allegedly said that the officers might know of him, because his name had been in the news recently. He was arrested and later released on $40 bail.
http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/local/teen-arrested-in-bullying-case-arrested

I would not call being charged with statutory rape the "least of trouble." That charge could get someone up to life in prison in MA.

According to this source which lists the actual laws and penalties by state, the penalty in MA is 2.5 to 3 years. I tend to give credence to sources which show evidence of having done actual research to support their statements of facts. Numerous other sources, also, indicate that the average of actually imposed penalties vary by the age of the defendant, with the harsher penalties reserved for those over the age of 21 involved with someone who is under the age of consent.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2003/olrdata/jud/rpt/2003-R-0376.htm

One thing...if I were Austins Mom, I'd also forbid him from seeing Flannery Mullins. IMO, she's a jealous nutcase in need of some serious counseling. It was Phoebe this time...let any woman get near "her man"...God help them...

I would not call being charged with statutory rape the "least of trouble." That charge could get someone up to life in prison in MA.

Here is a snip from another source that reports on the actual use of the law in MA and the length of convictions, plus the fact that the stat. rape law is often used in cases of forcible rape in order to have an increased rate of conviction.

snip
"Those individuals sentenced under this statute received an average sentence of 57.6 months. A critical point to note is that these statistics include convictions for forcible rape and not merely statutory rape. Prosecutors have informed MFI staff that cases of suspected forcible rape are often tried under the statutory rape provisions (M.G.L. 265.23), owing to the comparative ease of gaining a conviction under the statutory rape law, "

http://www.hawaii.edu/hivandaids/Statutory Rape When Adults Prey Sexually Upon Children MA.pdf

edit to add.....this is a rather long pdf....the most pertinent information begins on page 9

This is who Mullins and Velasquez got all territorial over? A real catch.
That's it, imo. It's not about him, it could have been any man/boy. It's about their insecurity, aggressiveness and sense of entitlement, their joy at causing pain in others, imo. Moms and Dads of boys in the area better watch out for these two...

Ohh, seeing raeanns link...if this was forcible rape or she was manipulated/coerced in any way...well...all compassion I feel will be squashed. Fast.

Ohh, seeing raeanns link...if this was forcible rape or she was manipulated/coerced in any way...well...all compassion I feel will be squashed. Fast.

Since there are no affidavits published yet, it is hard to know what angle the DA is coming from on this.....However, either way, according to statistics, they are not facing any great amount of time in prison, if any at all. This might put a dent in their college plans for next year, but any illusion of a long sentence seems to be out of the question.

jmoo

A comment left on an article, Austins Dad died in 2007? Kayla Nareys Dad, Ray, passed away, too, I think it was 2008, link on 2nd thread. I'm going to look for a link to this obit, anyone else finds it, please post...
Monday, September 10, 2007: SOUTH HADLEY - Daniel C. Renaud, 39, beloved son of Ronald and Susan Renaud of St. Augustine, Fl, loving father of Austin Renaud, loving husband of Kristen Renaud, beloved brother of Michael Renaud of Georgia and Cheryl ( Steven) Cavette of Florida passed away 9/03/07.
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/04/austin_renaud_defendant_in_pho.html

ETA: I also read rumor that Kaylas Dad was a firefighter, no link, yet...anyone have one? Interesting to me because of the close relationship I've found between police and firefighters.

Since there are no affidavits published yet, it is hard to know what angle the DA is coming from on this.....However, either way, according to statistics, they are not facing any great amount of time in prison, if any at all. This might put a dent in their college plans for next year, but any illusion of a long sentence seems to be out of the question.

jmoo

Would still put them on those lists, which if there was coercion in any way they would entirely deserve.

Would still put them on those lists, which if there was coercion in any way they would entirely deserve.
That's what I'm afraid of. Coercion.

A reminder...Maureen posted a link somewhere to news orgs (Boston Globe, I think?) to pressure them to release all the dox. The more that email, the merrier. ;)

oh yeah. There are very few things I can absolutely under no circumstance see both sides to and this is one of them. If it was forcible...which we don't know yet so I don't want to jump to conclusions...but if it was.oh man...I don't care how long he gets put away or what happens to him while he's there. Then if it WAS forcible and these girls are calling her these names? holy crap - I cannot even begin to express the rage that's silently brewing in me. if that was the case - I don't care what happens to those girls either. I know we don't know yet so again, not trying to jump to conclusions. just needed to get that off my chest. :)

A search on Certificate Holder Cwabs turns up nothing but foreclosure documents, so that's a good guess.
What a stroke of bad luck. His house forecloses then his Dad dies, 2 months later? I wonder, now, what his Dad died from...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back