Teen Banned From Prom For Being Too Busty

Did you see the dress? I see nothing wrong with it. JMO

I didn't see anything wrong with the dress either. If it was a skinny girl with big *advertiser censored* I don't think that she would have been subjected to what this girl had to endure. There has always been people who think that girls who are stringbean thin should cover everything from their chin down to their ankles. This dress was NOT too small.

I can empathize with this girl, I've always had some people say nasty comments about my bust too, LOL.

That reminds me of a story. I had a girlfriend who saw a dress in a window at the mall and got all swoony over it. I was living with her at the time and so I tried to see what size she wore. I made the mistake of doing it while she was home. She caught me and there was hell to pay. :eek:

Of Course Not!!!

LOL, oh Steely, that was an unforgiveable sin!!!!!

The formal wear shops that offer alterations have dresses that are over $1000 minimum, she had on a nice dress, but not one that looked expensive enough to warrant an alteration.

I got my prom dress altered, it literally cost more to alter it than it did to buy it.

No ma'am. My DDs wedding dress was on sale for $300. I paid the shop, Jim Massey Formal Wear $50 to alter it.

I just feel like having a bit of a rant now about how hard it is to encourage girls to wear flattering clothes (tight or not..) that don't make them look like teenaged hookers, when all their role models seem to be in a heavy competition for who can get away with the least possible clothing in public without actually being completely nekkid.

Bless my child. She's inherited the hooty mcboob gene from both sides of the family and was in adult bra sizes by age 11. And considering I spent most of my youth in 80's style metal musician's girlfriend outfits, and most of the 90's in one ridiculous gothic getup or another, I am pleased and surprised that she has most awesomely and wisely chosen not to follow in my footsteps and actually covers up a bit.

BUT she feels the pressure. And has expressed to me how hard it is not to follow what all her friends are wearing, when they look 'hot' and she's all covered up. I think being hooty at such a young age has made her self-conscious.. Anyway, I am glad, so glad, she isn't pushing for hooker clothes now she's a bit older. And even I am shocked at what young girls are opting to wear these days.

17 is a bit different, it's close enough to adult to allow for some slightly more mature choices. But sixth and seventh graders are wearing some awfully skimpy stuff... makes me cringe.

Point being: having babies makes one a total hypocrite, when it comes to fashion.

Or.. ought to, in my case. ;)

Pretty girl, and pretty dress, but yeah...she needed a bigger size that's all. I have to agree with the school here. They had rules, and she was falling out of the dress on top. I mean....she even has "side-boob" in this dress and you can see it. The dress isn't skimpy at all, it's just too tight making her over flow out of it.

I saw the dress and thought she was falling out of it. I can't comment on what other girls were wearing to the prom, as I haven't seen those photos.

I do think she had far too much cleavage and one wrong move the girls would have popped right out.

I've seen many lovely dresses for large busted women -- this dress was not one of them :(

MOO

Mel

Just saying -- here is a similar picture (even the same pose). She would have looked so much better (IMHO) in a dress like this.

View attachment 35318

She woudn't fit in that red dress. I can already tell you just from looking at the model, even the XXXXXXXL size would not have enough fabric to cover her *advertiser censored*, that would be extremely uncomfortable to wear if she could even squish her breasts in it.

She looks like she has larger breasts than me and I already can never find dresses, nevermind good or fashionable ones, that can cover my breasts.

Can we just start a nudist revolution already? I mean, there are much more offensive things on earth than the female (Or male) form.

She woudn't fit in that red dress. I can already tell you just from looking at the model, even the XXXXXXXL size would not have enough fabric to cover her *advertiser censored*, that would be extremely uncomfortable to wear if she could even squish her breasts in it.

She looks like she has larger breasts than me and I already can never find dresses, nevermind good or fashionable ones, that can cover my breasts.

Can we just start a nudist revolution already? I mean, there are much more offensive things on earth than the female (Or male) form.

BBM

Bad idea. My nude body could be used as an ipecac.

I think the style of dress she chose accentuates the breasts. In fact, that type of dress would even make ME (a card carrying member of the Itty Bitty Ahem Committee) look like I had some cleavage.

I can't wear strapless gowns, they just fall straight down to my navel since I have nothing to keep them up. I've bought one strapless dress because I simply couldn't resist it - it's so beautiful. I had to have spaghetti straps added to it.

To me, cleavage would be more of dress plunging down the middle of the chest with *advertiser censored* sticking out everywhere from all sides. Hers just showed up a little over the top in certain poses. She and the other girls should have stuck tissue in at the top and forgot the shawls then danced and had fun. She did cover up and went in but only stayed about an hour.

I think the style of dress she chose accentuates the breasts. In fact, that type of dress would even make ME (a card carrying member of the Itty Bitty Ahem Committee) look like I had some cleavage.

I can't wear strapless gowns, they just fall straight down to my navel since I have nothing to keep them up. I've bought one strapless dress because I simply couldn't resist it - it's so beautiful. I had to have spaghetti straps added to it.

Member of the Itty Bitty Titty Committee here too....

Girl, I'm so flat I had to have the strapless bra I wore on my wedding day TAKEN IN (as in made SMALLER - and it was an A CUP!)

Good grief, are people that afraid of breasts that they need contracts to make sure no one sees even a HINT of them?! :facepalm:

I am not going to get into whether the dress "looks good" on her not (fwiw, I think it fits well - she is above average busty, but note there is no "spillage" over the sides that is usually a sign that something is too tight in the bust, and she has no "double boob" in the front, which you also can get if something is too tight). That's not the issue. The issue is, as always, double standards for women, and the usual "damned if you do, damned if you don't". Get something that doesn't offend the prudes, and people say you look frumpy. Get something that (shock! Horror!) shows a bit of cleavage, and everyone says you look "trashy"/"slutty"/"too grown up"/"fat"/etc. :puke:

The one, maybe two nights of their lives that high schoolers get to dress and feel like adults, and it's ruined because the ADULTS can't handle the fact that 17 year old young women have breasts.

"Cover up or go home", wtf kind of message is this for young women? Sounds like something heard from the Taliban, not from so-called educators!

And for my completely subjective opinion on how the dress looks, I think she looks GREAT. That color looks fabulous with her hair, and the cut of the dress really complements her figure. Best of all, she looks confident and happy. You can tell she feels beautiful. Which makes it even more of a shame that she would be told she ant to in because of how she looks. Way to make a person feel good. :(

BBM

Bad idea. My nude body could be used as an ipecac.

You have clearly never been to a nudist beach.

They have fat people, and not like me where I'm straddling the overweight BMI line, I mean morbidly obese people.

They have old people, like people in their 70s, easily.

and I like it that way. There's no way every woman on earth can look like a Victoria's Secret model, Hell, most Victoria's Secret models don't even look like Victoria's Secret models. (Picture attached). Same with men. I think it's a huge disservice that the only nude people the general population see are so heavily addled by plastic surgery and photoshop that they're not people anymore.

*Steps off her soapbox* :blushing:

Attachments

• VictoriasSecretNoPhotoshop.jpg
    VictoriasSecretNoPhotoshop.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 28
I didn't see anything wrong with the dress either. If it was a skinny girl with big *advertiser censored* I don't think that she would have been subjected to what this girl had to endure. There has always been people who think that girls who are stringbean thin should cover everything from their chin down to their ankles. This dress was NOT too small.

I can empathize with this girl, I've always had some people say nasty comments about my bust too, LOL.

But she wasn't the only girl singled out. Other girls also were told to cover up or go home and they had the maturity to cover up and enjoy their prom. This girl and her parents seem to want to get the sympathy because she is a bigger bodied girl. Rules should be the same for all sizes and parents would be helping their kids out if they taught them to follow rules made by authoritive figures.

In this picture, IMO the dress looks too small. I don't think she looks trashy or slutty, I just think the dress is too small in the bust area. I think she is a gorgeous girl, but I do understand why the school asked her to please follow the rules of the dress code.

See picture at link. Scroll down a bit for the still picture. Is she not spilling out the top a bit? This would be fine I guess if it wasn't a school function.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...d-away-from-prom-over-cleavage-wants-apology/

Much ado abut nothing imo, regardless of the fit of the dress.
I fully expect that all the kids who go to prom have already seen cleavage before and lived.

The dress fits her just fine. The school had appropriate rules and enforced them.

I do think that is too much skin up top for showing at a prom, but I am older and just remember what we were allowed. A lot of lace is what we had, and the dreaded shawls. Ha!

I know young people don't wear a whole lot of clothing anymore, but in school jeans and shirts or appropriate dresses are required for daily class wear. Prom dresses come with rules b/c it is dark, there is a live band, there is closeness, most likely some kids have been drinking and smoking, their are romantic notions and emotions.

She could have put on a shawl and enjoyed more than hour. Unless something happened that made her want to leave within that hour that had to do with a romantic interest. Proms are all about drama.

Honestly! She is what I would call a Voluptuous woman. I see nothing wrong with the dress or her. looking at the design of the dress, the silver beading on the front appears to look like the bottom of a heart and her breast (cleavage) actually make up the top portion of the heart. well that's what I see anyway. jmo

The spillover in the pic looks like body fat instead of *advertiser censored*. Her right side isn't showing cleavage, just the left side with her hand on her hip. Her breasts are fully covered. The dress has ample material for actual breast coverage. She's really cute and looks just fine the way she is, but she is a little chubby. This isn't cleavage, imo, and the girl and her parents seems to understand and be able to see how she was treated differently.

The formal wear shops that offer alterations have dresses that are over $1000 minimum, she had on a nice dress, but not one that looked expensive enough to warrant an alteration.

I got my prom dress altered, it literally cost more to alter it than it did to buy it.
Take it to a professional seamstress. You do NOT need to spend $1000! My wedding dress was a Jessica McClintock brand, which I bought from her outlet store for about $700. I loved the bodice, but hated the skirt. I took it down the street to a seamstress, bought the matching material from the Jessica McClintock store, and had the skirt completely remade. I didn't even spend $1000 with the alterations!!
P.S. I'm big-busted too, and was able to find ample coverage for my 34DD's with a strapless-type style. This girl needed to chose a different dress, IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back