Teen With Peanut Allergy Dies After Kiss

SewingDeb said:
If this is the case, it will only get worse. My family has had severe allergies long before anti-bacterial soaps came out.

My family, too!

A 15-year-old girl with a peanut allergy did not die from kissing her boyfriend following his snack of peanut butter, a Quebec coroner said Friday, countering a report that drew international attention late last year.

But Saguenay coroner Michel Miron said wouldn't reveal the cause of death because he hasn't yet submitted his final report to the provincial coroner's office and he is also waiting on some final test results.

The official said he wanted to speak out before the case was cited by the Canadian Association of Food Allergies.

http://www.kcra.com/news/7657864/detail.html

Now, that's a surprise. The article says she didn't give herself a shot of adrenalin because she wasn't having an allergic reaction.

At our school we have kids with dairy ,kiwi fruit, wheat and peanut allergies.they are all in one grade and all of the kids are clustered into groups and some foods are forbidden.I have heard of people with allergies dying from kisses before.I never gave my kids peanut butter before they were 6 in case of allergies.I am highly allergic to cashew nuts so know what an anaphalactic reaction is like.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back