Teen's Pierced Breast Removed After Infection

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by 2sisters, Oct 30, 2006.

1. 2sisters

2sisters New Member

2. Loading...

3. michelle

michelle Joy comes in the Morning

That is terrible.

4. MagicRose99

MagicRose99 Watch out for my thorns!

Years ago, I worked with a young man who not only had his nipples pierced, by his "manly tool" too... it's ridiculous to me to pierce body parts that have no business being pierced...

5. dingo

dingo Former Member

Poor girl......when I was that age you were considered a rebel if you had two piercings in one ear.

6. 2sisters

2sisters New Member

I just don't understand this story b/c she got them pierced on the 29th, developed and infection that was so far gone it was gangrenous. How does that happen? How can you ignore something like that for it to get so out of control, it could have been much worse for her than losing a breast.

7. Nocgirl

Nocgirl New Member

I used to have my tongue pierced, but took the piercing out when I turned 30.

I still have no idea why I did it. Dumb. To pierce your nipples is just plain stupid.

8. Opie

Opie Well-Known Member

There was once a thread (on the old Websleuths? I can't recall.) about piercings. Some of them made me cringe, just reading them. I don't even have my ears pierced. Guess I'm just ....where's that chicken icon?

9. SadieMae

SadieMae Former Member

When you're young you do dumb things. We only see how dumb we were in 20/20 hindsight. Fortunately you lived through your young and dumb stage without permanent damage to your body. I did too. It's a shame this girl has scarred herself for life.

10. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

What's even dumber is that I read this girl is diabetic- therefore prone to infection! She and/or her mother were stupid for ever having allowed the piercing to take place! :razz: That and what she went through are far worse than losing a breast. This was a needless tragedy!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

11. 2sisters

2sisters New Member

At 17 I got a tatoo on my left lower back (love handle area) which is a little streched out now and I got my belly button pierced in college. i regret both of them.

12. less0305

less0305 The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember m

She may not have gotten the infection back in August. When I had my navel done I was fine for over 3 months - and then I got an infection. I'm thinking she was probably going along fine and got the infection very near to the time she went to the hospital. That infection (gas gangrene?) spreads very very rapidly! The article said the piercing didn't give her the infection - it left an entry point for an infection, which I'm thinking occurred in October.