Teresa N., Haleigh's paternal grandmother #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So true,
I've spent the last two days dealing with the consequences of this very phenomena from my mother and sister.

My mother in one hospital (I can't post reason), and my sister is in another for the third time, needing her once pro-model face repaired again, thanks to the man she enables to beat her, and thanks to my mother who has made excuses for both of them for 2 years.

It is so hard to watch people ignore the truths before their eyes and have their spin on the truth be bought and encouraged by those who prefer to believe the lies. :(

hugsbear.gif

curvecuti, I know you put that "enable" in quotation marks, but it bothers me to see that term used about Teresa Neves, at least insofar as Misty in concerned. I have a married son and daughter-in-law, and even if I really don't like some of the choices they make, I stay out of their business. They're adults. I've already said that she isn't responsible for Ron's life choices, and the same holds true for Misty. It's not "enabling" for parents to mind their own business. Just as grown children shouldn't blame their parents for their adult troubles, the parents are not responsible for the actions of their grown children. The twin brother of "enabling" is co-dependency, and the most obvious sign of co-dependency is a person who is trying to control the life and actions of another. TN may well have all she can handle with her own grief and fear and watching her son go through the ordeal of having Haleigh missing. There is of course nothing Teresa could do to resolve the situation, short of doing the LE job and finding Haleigh herself. I do agree with you that most parents and grandparents in missing children situations must have a hard time walking the line between hope and denial.

I'm sorry but if my granddaughter was missing and LE thought that my 17 y/o daughter in law may hold some answers as to her whereabouts, I'd be telling said DIL to get her azz down there to talk to them NOW...lawyers schedule or not. For TN or GGS to allow her to spend one more night under their roof (especially since they believe that she is so innocent :rolleyes:) without doing so is just beyond the pale to me. THAT is enabling IMVHO whether anyone agrees with me or not...I ABSOLUTELY believe that it is. It's beyond ridiculous and WHY are they allowing that? WHY is Ron allowing that if he is so innocent and oblivious? Because they are afraid that she will be wrongfully accused and/or convicted at some point? Maybe it's just me, but I do believe that she would just have to risk it if she expected me to stand behind her, because finding my granddaughter would just have to come before anything else. Ron and TN have stated that Misty has nothing else to add, that she has told LE all that she knows.. :liar::liar::liar: NEWSFLASH-it's NOT up to them to decide that, THEY have NO idea what LE NEEDS to know...what may be relevant or pertinent to the investigation of their DAUGHTER/GRANDAUGHTER's disappearance! :furious: To be honest, I am so sick of the bunch of them and I'm tired of people making excuses for them. IMVHO they are NOT doing everything they can, they CAN force Misty to speak to LE OR force her out if she doesn't. HaLeigh at least deserves to come first doesn't she?

pittsburghgirl~ didn't mean to rant at you even though I was responding to your post. It just makes me so angry, hence the reason I try and stay away :)

I'm sorry but if my granddaughter was missing and LE thought that my 17 y/o daughter in law may hold some answers as to her whereabouts, I'd be telling said DIL to get her azz down there to talk to them NOW...lawyers schedule or not. For TN or GGS to allow her to spend one more night under their roof (especially since they believe that she is so innocent :rolleyes:) without doing so is just beyond the pale to me. THAT is enabling IMVHO whether anyone agrees with me or not...I ABSOLUTELY believe that it is. It's beyond ridiculous and WHY are they allowing that? WHY is Ron allowing that if he is so innocent and oblivious? Because they are afraid that she will be wrongfully accused and/or convicted at some point? Maybe it's just me, but I do believe that she would just have to risk it if she expected me to stand behind her, because finding my granddaughter would just have to come before anything else. Ron and TN have stated that Misty has nothing else to add, that she has told LE all that she knows.. :liar::liar::liar: NEWSFLASH-it's NOT up to them to decide that, THEY have NO idea what LE NEEDS to know...what may be relevant or pertinent to the investigation of their DAUGHTER/GRANDAUGHTER's disappearance! :furious: To be honest, I am so sick of the bunch of them and I'm tired of people making excuses for them. IMVHO they are NOT doing everything they can, they CAN force Misty to speak to LE OR force her out if she doesn't. HaLeigh at least deserves to come first doesn't she?

pittsburghgirl~ didn't mean to rant at you even though I was responding to your post. It just makes me so angry, hence the reason I try and stay away :)

BBM
:clap::clap::clap::clap:
ITA with this post very well said!

In this case, I feel like BOTH of Haleigh's parents are emotionally immature and what one would expect of a mature adult's response/reaction to a missing child is something not to be expected from them. Both Teresa and Marie seem to have been very involved in Ron and Crystal's lives--witness they were the ones doing most of the speaking during early interviews where Ron was present with Teresa and Crystal was present with Marie. It makes sense...both Ron and Crystal were quite young when they became parents. I'm not sure I would use the term "enabling" for what either Teresa or Marie is doing, but I can see how others might see it that way. I honestly believe that most of the people close to Haleigh operate under a moral set so foreign to most of us that it's hard for us to imagine. "Logical" and "normal" actions that we would expect of people in their situation really don't seem to apply here. If we could put ourselves into their shoes--operating under their life experiences--we would all probably see things differently. I believe Haleigh's family love her and Junior and were doing their best for them. I don't think they even recognize that many things that the children have likely been exposed to are things children should not experience. I also think that Crystal is one of Ron's biggest defenders (I'm sure I've lost most of you now, LOL!). But, if you look at interviews with Crystal and statements by her, she seems to truly believe that Haleigh IS Ron's heart and that he would no more hurt Haleigh than Crystal would.

I know there was a point to this post when I started writing it....

All JMVHO, of course.

I dunno, I have seen some posts that have become rather personal. It's very sad but I won't even read here often because of the constant attacking going on... I know that I would end up getting banned if I read over here. It seems to me this is no longer about a missing little girl, it's about some women coming onto a message board every night so they can argue with each other over who's "player" is good or bad or right or wrong.

And fwiw.. I have no "side" in this. I am not impressed with ANY of the "players" but I also don't think any of them are "bad" (unlike my feeling in the Anthony case).. he!!, I'm no better than any of 'em... my criminal record and history of drug use is probably about as long as theirs! I ain't gonna lie! Obviously it's not a wise thing to do, do drugs and get in trouble with LE, I realize it doesn't make one a child abuser. I don't think Misty hurt Haleigh. But I do not like Misty. I don't think Crystal hurt Haleigh but I do not like Crystal. I really do not like Misty's mother and brother.. I find them both suspect.

and I should have the right to say that without being attacked.

OneLostGirl....you absolutely do have the right to express your opinion and you know what? You just proved my exact point that as members of this online community there is an acceptable way to go about disagreeing with each other and the last time I read TOS the rules were still the same. No bashing of family members and etc. maybe I am just too sensitive as a poster to give an objective opinion about both families in this case. It got to the point that I would be anxious to come into these threads after NG or any other exclusive interviews that the media performed because I dreaded to read about how this one got a makeover and whoever gave it to her didn't do a good enough job...lol...NG even disappointed me when she interviewed Crystal numerous times.

Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I appreciated your post and quite honestly I plan to make a few changes about the things that I post about. It is clear where we all disagree and frankly I just want to be done contributing to the tensions on these threads. Because the tension is not finding Haleigh. As I said before in a different thread when all is said and done and we have all the answers and Haleigh is brought home where she belongs we will get to see whether or not Ronald's criminal record or Teresa's "enabling" , as so many describe it, are directly responsible for Haleigh's disappearance. Until then Crystal and Ronald are parents of a missing child and I just want to see her returned home...one way or the other. My participation in this back and forth posting will be better served when I know exactly who is to blame.

Thank you for responding to my post!

I guess we just see things differently. All the posts that accuse RC of killing Haleigh and TN and AS covering for him, that just go on and on, and have for 7+ months, I consider that beating something to death. Especially since there is not a shread of evidence that points toward that theory.

I can see how some days it reads that way...felt the same way month after month after month reading about the other grandmother from the outset...TN's defense of daughter-in-law disturbs me...we just have divergent opinions on this...:) We can agree to disagree...

I can see how some days it reads that way...felt the same way month after month after month reading about the other grandmother from the outset...TN's defense of daughter-in-law disturbs me...we just have divergent opinions on this...:) We can agree to disagree...

I guess even after eight months of remaining openminded HH, doing extensive research, exploring every feasible angle and countless theories, I'm supposed to ignore where evidence and my conscience lead and take the same moral "high ground" as some here claim, by being blind not only to any concerns or potential risks for Junior, but blind to MC's everchanging and 'unbelievable' stories (or 'inconsistencies,' as we like to call them); blind to inexplicable allegiances; blind to criminal histories; blind to ongoing violent behavior; blind to the chronic excusemaking; blind to family's antics; blind to implied threats; blind to the million little things that don't add up; and blind to anything which might actually shed light on what became of Haleigh because it may implicate TN, RC, MC or someone in the inner sanctum. Afterall each of these has 'victim' status and are thus protected as such and above scrutiny.

I am a victims' advocate and have tremendous empathy and compassion for all victims considered cooperative by LE and have by no means accused anybody, but if that's our policy, then figuring out what happened to the true victim, Haleigh, just went from the top of the list to the bottom of the list.
:furious:

:parrot:

Just because YOU don't see this so called "shred" of evidence, does not mean it doesn't exist. LE has it.

Do you have a link to LE's shred of evidence that Ron killed Haleigh and TN and AS are covering up for him? I haven't seen it yet.

Do you have a link to LE's shred of evidence that Ron killed Haleigh and TN and AS are covering up for him? I haven't see it yet.

I'm not a professtional sleuther but I think LE does have substantial evidence that we are not privy to at this time. That is one of the frustrating things about this case to everyone.

Appearances in this case would lead one to believe that some things were done that were not in the best interest of the children and violated the laws. Then there is the demeanor of Ron, Misty, and TN.

VolLady, once, I lost my dog, he just wandered away. I was frantic and I went to every house for a mile searching to find that dog. I found him, but the point is he was a dog. This is Ron's child and he is not searching.:furious:

I guess we just see things differently. All the posts that accuse RC of killing Haleigh and TN and AS covering for him, that just go on and on, and have for 7+ months, I consider that beating something to death. Especially since there is not a shread of evidence that points toward that theory.

Our frustration with TN is b/c of what TN has and has not done. We have all witnessed what TN will do for Ronald and Misty but have yet seen what TN has done or will do for Haleigh besides the media interviews.

Novice Seeker
IMO

Do you have a link to LE's shred of evidence that Ron killed Haleigh and TN and AS are covering up for him? I haven't seen it yet.

Since the beginning of this investigation LE has been very tight with the evidence they have collected. All we have to go on is what is public knowledge and comments made from all the individuals linked to this case to form our opinons..

NoviceSeeker

Kiki, that is how I understand it. The FBI is only involved on the website and for testing evidence (and I am not so sure about testing evidence), but IIRC, FDLE has been doing the testing. I hope they are sending some things to Quantico but don't know.

FBI could be involved with players but we haven't heard. I doubt it, unless it moves out of state or Florida asks them for assistence to interview. So far, it doesn't look like these people are very willing to talk to LE or FDLE very willingly, no less to FBI.

I have never heard of the FDLE before this case. IT seems to function very similarly to FBI...

Since it appears several witness's have crossed state line and it's not a given fact that Haleigh is still in Florida, couldn't FBI step in and say scoot over it's our case now. The FBI could then drag everyone back in for an interview and start from a new angle?

Novice Seeker

now, it's hard for me to think ron's mom knows anything about haleigh's going missing. If one of my 5 kids were to go missing,my mom would be on tv to talk about it. Teresa is doing what a grandma should do. She's making people remember Haleigh is missing. I don't think she trusts Misty. Without any concerete proof, she can't just blame her and upset her son more.

now, it's hard for me to think ron's mom knows anything about haleigh's going missing. If one of my 5 kids were to go missing,my mom would be on tv to talk about it. Teresa is doing what a grandma should do. She's making people remember Haleigh is missing. I don't think she trusts Misty. Without any concerete proof, she can't just blame her and upset her son more.

Her son and Tn should be more concerned with HaLeigh than anyone's feelings...including their own. Sheltering, feeding and protecting the person LE says is lying about the night in question is not evidence of love for HaLeigh. IMO

Her son and Tn should be more concerned with HaLeigh than anyone's feelings...including their own. Sheltering, feeding and protecting the person LE says is lying about the night in question is not evidence of love for HaLeigh. IMO

What good would it serve if Teresa were to blast Misty on tv? She could also blame her son for letting Misty watch her grand kids in the first place. It won't help. Keeping the peace in that house is the only thing that Teresa can do.

Has TN ever admitted she was extremely concerned for her grandchildren's safety because Ronald was actively involved in drug trafficking? Has TN ever said she tried to get help for her son to overcome his addictions?

What good would it serve if Teresa were to blast Misty on tv? She could also blame her son for letting Misty watch her grand kids in the first place. It won't help. Keeping the peace in that house is the only thing that Teresa can do.

Keeping peace with the one person LE has outright said is lying about HaLeigh's case is not what I would think the mind of a loving Grandmother would be thinking. JMO. Maybe if they stop coddling Misty and kick her out on her butt...she may be moved to enough discomfort to seek out LE with the truth. Peace???? WTH kind of peace does HaLeigh have and why should anyone care about whether there is peace for Misty...

It also might have done some good for TN and Rc's reputation if she had not made excuses for Misty's lies...it looks bad, real bad.

I have to wonder if TN got out of bed this morning, threw on her jeans, and rushed into the world looking for Haleigh. If, indeed, she feels that Haleigh is alive somewhere-- where is the urgency? The impetus to rescue her from the horrifying conditions she may be enduring? In order for me to believe in TN, I need to witness more than lip service.

I believe in prayer, but "standing" on it is not my idea of appropriate response to divine guidance. jmo

I have to wonder if TN got out of bed this morning, threw on her jeans, and rushed into the world looking for Haleigh. If, indeed, she feels that Haleigh is alive somewhere-- where is the urgency? The impetus to rescue her from the horrifying conditions she may be enduring? In order for me to believe in TN, I need to witness more than lip service.

I believe in prayer, but "standing" on it is not my idea of appropriate response to divine guidance. jmo
Is this required of all Grandmothers of missing children who want to hold on to the hope that their baby is alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member