Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
A judge has set a trial date of June 3, 2019 for Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers, accused of killing Bonita Springs doctor, Teresa Sievers.

Trial date set in Teresa Sievers murder

10485956_G.jpg

Friday, January 25th:
*Pretrial Conference Hearing for bold (@ 8:30am ET) – FL – Dr. Teresa Ann Grace Sievers ( ) (June, 2015, Bonita Springs) - *Mark D. Sievers (50) arrested & charged (2/26/16) & indicted (5/4/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder & conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
*Jimmy Ray Rodgers (28) arrested & charged (2/23/16) & arraigned (5/5/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder with a weapon, conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder & burglary. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Pretrial Conference hearing for Sievers & Rodgers on 1/25/19.
*Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr. (41) arrested (10/14/15) & charged (10/20/15) & indicted (5/5/16) with 2nd degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond.
Took plea deal (2/26/16) plead guilty to 2nd degree murder; 25 years, waives all rights to appeal. Sentencing 2/11/19 @ 1:30pm.

At last! Mere days away from being four years down the line.

I remember when first doc dumps were released - how frustrated we were that a trial could be a few years away. To think it will be four years is incredible!

I wonder if cameras will be allowed.

Some more depositions for MS, apart from Lee County Sherrif's Office I'm not sure what the acronyms stand for:

3 x LCSO, Jan 10 in Fort Myers.

1 x USPO (US Probation Office?), Jan 29, in Milwaukee, WI.

2 x TS family members Jan 29, in CT.

1 x DABT (?), Jan 29, in Knoxville, TN.

1 x GLEO (?), Jan 29, in Overland Park, KS.

https://matrix.leeclerk.org/

Friday, January 25th:
*Pretrial Conference Hearing for bold (@ 8:30am ET) – FL – Dr. Teresa Ann Grace Sievers ( ) (June, 2015, Bonita Springs) - *Mark D. Sievers (50) arrested & charged (2/26/16) & indicted (5/4/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder & conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
*Jimmy Ray Rodgers (28) arrested & charged (2/23/16) & arraigned (5/5/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder with a weapon, conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder & burglary. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Pretrial Conference hearing for Sievers & Rodgers on 1/25/19.
*Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr. (41) arrested (10/14/15) & charged (10/20/15) & indicted (5/5/16) with 2nd degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond.
Took plea deal (2/26/16) plead guilty to 2nd degree murder; 25 years, waives all rights to appeal. Sentencing 2/11/19 @ 1:30pm.

arrghhhhh! I'm confused as to why or how he could plead 'not guilty' since he's admitted it and provided details in a confession and he's going to testify.

arrghhhhh! I'm confused as to why or how he could plead 'not guilty' since he's admitted it and provided details in a confession and he's going to testify.
Hey girlfriend! (waving)
I haven't posted in a long time, and now I'm kind of lost with the new format. I guess our smilies are gone? Also for some reason the cases on the right side of the forums that shows the latest new threads, recent threads etc are in another language for me, I think it's Chinese? Odd
Anyway, what Niner said is correct. Remember that CWW was the first one arrested (10/14/15) and pleaded not guilty in October. I think AZlawyer said it was kind of a standard procedure. Anyway, it wasn't until Feb. 26, 2016 that he learned from all the evidence that it was going to be a death penalty case that he decided to cooperate and flip on MS by taking a plea deal for 25 yrs. MS was finally arrested that same day. Niner laid it out perfectly and jogged my memory!

wow-from Niner's linked news piece-"he judge set the trial date for Sievers to be on June 3, in what attorneys estimate will be a 4-week trial."
Wonder which attys est 4 week trial? A) is that realistic? B) Are either DAs or defense trying to "game" expectations?

wow-from Niner's linked news piece-"he judge set the trial date for Sievers to be on June 3, in what attorneys estimate will be a 4-week trial."
Wonder which attys est 4 week trial? A) is that realistic? B) Are either DAs or defense trying to "game" expectations?

Can we add....Will this trial be delayed? I see defense trying to get trial moved, jury picked else where, and many more reasons for delay.

Do we know if the trial will be televised? Is this decision made as trial starts?

Thanks

Can we add....Will this trial be delayed? I see defense trying to get trial moved, jury picked else where, and many more reasons for delay.

Do we know if the trial will be televised? Is this decision made as trial starts?

Thanks

Court TV comes back in May, so who knows? I'm not sure of what trials they will be following. Perhaps somebody could Twitter to Vinnie Politan?

@Niner may know what *competing* trials would be going on at the same time that this trial is scheduled for. ( the time frame for this trial starting on June 3rd, and continuing on for 4 weeks?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288