Terri H resembles "Sarah Heartburn"?

STEADFAST, right at that same time, though, you can see that Kaine reaches behind TH and puts his hand on DY's neck, just behind her hair, and as he does this, TH does the half turn and fist maneuver.

"I just want to remind all of you, that these folks stand here as a family united..." (paraphrase of what the officer says at the beginning of the video.

What I see is that Desiree is definitely living her opinion that Terri did something to Kyron and makes no overture toward her to comfort her, regardless of the number of times Terri attempts to do that for Desiree.

What everyone sees as Terri being cloying, I see Terri grasping at any straw to stop the isolation and segregation of her from "this united family". I'll leave out whether or not she should have been isolated because she did something to Kyron; what I see is that Terri is already suffering the isolation and wants comfort from others and knows she's not getting it. The floundering, the Sarah Heartburn, it isn't an act. It is the visible disintegration of Terri's place in this foursome.

Those who feel they know can make the assumption of why she should be isolated.

I totally agree.

I believe there's already a thread about Terri's behavior in this particular press conference. It would be nice to have all the comments pulled together. Maybe the two threads could be merged?

Could it be that the "acting" we see is simply Terri pretending to be sad and/or supportive when she actually does not care much for these people?

Perhaps, but a 7 year old child is missing; a child she raised. Guilty, innocent, hate the rest of the bunch, whatever - if she can't be genuinely sad about that, it's incredibly disturbing!

Hello Emma,

>>I wonder how many WS'ers have been thus labeled by their mothers? Hopefully, I am in good company! <<

A little to the side of the thread...

YUP! I have my hand up on the above question!

I became quite familiar with the "Sarah Bernhardt" name when I was a little child. My mom was born in the late 1920's after Bernhardt's death, but she was also born in a French speaking city/country. My guess is that my grandmother had labeled my mom as an SB on occasion too. As I think of it, it is probable that my grandmother actually saw Sarah perform OR did a lot of reading about her in the daily newspaper, since she lived in the heart of the city where Sarah had some major life events.

Now then... How many people ever had their mother say to them, "You look like the Medusa?" That was in reference to me needing to comb my hair.

BACK ON THREAD:

You wrote:
>>If Terri had the acting skill of Sarah Burnhardt, they'd be looking elsewhere for the POI. ahhh...The Divine Sarah.<<

I'd like to see a film of her acting, I have seen some of her photos (a bit overdramatic). In the meanwhile, thus we have "Sarah Heartburn" -- the bad actress!

SO...dear Emma, have I missed your input on what you might have picked out in the body language of Terri in that PC? I'd be quite interested. I think that others in this thread have certainly pointed out some things I did and did not notice, and it has been very interesting to me.

Ah yes...for our youngins who never had their mothers declare them to be "Sarah Bernhardt" -- "Sarah Heartburn" is a takeoff. Sarah Bernhardt was an actress in the late 1800s, early 1900s.

Thanks! I was wonderin'....

Could it be that the "acting" we see is simply Terri pretending to be sad and/or supportive when she actually does not care much for these people?
I think that's what is so creepy about her behavior in the video. At the time we first saw this, someone (Terri's friend or her mom) had given many people the impression that Terri and Desiree were long-time friends. But now that we know from Desiree that they weren't really friends at all, Terri's behavior seems even more staged than it did at the time and Desiree not reciprocating in any way makes perfect sense.

I totally agree.

I believe there's already a thread about Terri's behavior in this particular press conference. It would be nice to have all the comments pulled together. Maybe the two threads could be merged?

Here's that other thread: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108732"]TH's body language - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Hello Emma,

<respectfully snipped>

SO...dear Emma, have I missed your input on what you might have picked out in the body language of Terri in that PC? I'd be quite interested. I think that others in this thread have certainly pointed out some things I did and did not notice, and it has been very interesting to me.

Sorry, for the benefit of all, I shall pass. Any body language I detect now is just cheating and over-informed!

I tried contributing to the immediate conversation upon the first moments of the presser. My contributions lead me to believe I have no talent for the sport of body language interpretation. LOL.

Emma <------------ is clearly no Sarah Bernhardt. Just ask my mother. :biggrin:

Forgive me if this has already been brought up (I havent read thru whole thread) but here are my thoughts:

At the beginning (approx :27 sec) you see TH wipe her nose. (both females came armed with tissues but only DY needed them). Note that the announcer has just advised the media and room how "stressful" or "difficult"* this timing is as it marks the 1 week anniversary of Kyron's disappearance.
While clinging to DY, TH only looked up at DY's face once that I saw, eyes focused on floor or what DY was doing with her hands. DY is clearly heartbroken, and feeling empty (hence the stomach holding). TH senses she should be doing something to show more sadness and attempts to "look sad" and mimick some of DY's movements. (keep in mind the males are being quite stoic and TH only has DY to copy for signs of grief).

Much of the time that KH was talking, TH was self soothing (rubbing her own arm). Possibly an attempt to mimick what she saw DY do momentarily holding her own arm, but TH didn't mimick the grasping of DY's stomach/core as a way to soothe her emptiness inside.

The Eureka moment for me was @ 3:24 - 3:29 where DY wipes her nose and self soothes by holding her core, just as KH was saying "stressful and difficult this is" TH again wipes her nose. (I believe she responds by nose wiping when she hears "stressful or difficult" to show she is attempting to have emotions to those words*)

While you can see true emotion on DY's face, breathing, heaving, tears flowing, nose red, wiping of her chin for the tears, etc. TH looks down, fakes stress signs on her face, then looks to see what other body language she can copy.

I believe TH is a true sociopath and narcissist and is unable to feel real emotion or empathy for someone else's pain. I believe she only knows how to watch other's to attempt to mimick some body language, but she is totally lost when she does not know how to appropriately feel compassion for another human being.

"I just want to remind all of you, that these folks stand here as a family united..." (paraphrase of what the officer says at the beginning of the video.

What I see is that Desiree is definitely living her opinion that Terri did something to Kyron and makes no overture toward her to comfort her, regardless of the number of times Terri attempts to do that for Desiree.

What everyone sees as Terri being cloying, I see Terri grasping at any straw to stop the isolation and segregation of her from "this united family". I'll leave out whether or not she should have been isolated because she did something to Kyron; what I see is that Terri is already suffering the isolation and wants comfort from others and knows she's not getting it. The floundering, the Sarah Heartburn, it isn't an act. It is the visible disintegration of Terri's place in this foursome.

Those who feel they know can make the assumption of why she should be isolated.

excellent observation

OT: Welcome all newcomers to WS!!!! Love your comments and musings, keep up the great work. Always a treat to hear from people who bring new perspectives and share their thoughts!.

I had heard about Sara Bernheart and knew she was a famous actress at the beginning of the movie/theatre but I had not heard about the Sarah Heartburn (ie: bad actress). I guess I just assumed that in the early days all emotions were "over-acted" in an effort to impart to the viewer more of the story line. (especially if they were silent movies before "talkies"). I think this is a perfect "icon" for TH, overacting but never really imparting the emotion of the story line. MOO

RSBM

Well, this thread pulled me right out of "lurk-mode"....

This conference has always bothered me.... I recall when first seeing this PC at the onset of this case, the thought "What did YOU do?" kept running through my head. My point of reference? I have two Mini Poodles, and on a few occasions when I've been away from home and returned, they will greet me with that same look TH has on her face - it's the eyes - and I can tell immediately they've done something 'naughty', and I say "What did YOU do?"
Although, I have to say my dogs must have better consciences, b/c they will at least show me what they did....

However, the main thing in this video that I haven't seen touched on much, is not so much the eyes, it is the part at about 2:40 into the clip, where she almost "poses" her hand on DY's arm, in a very unnatural way - "under" DY's arm. For some reason that maneuver has always made me feel uneasy about her. Came across as posed/choreographed/unnatural....and spoke volumes to me about her possible guilt, even then. Did I really just say "possible"? lol

I also found it odd, that as the last person to have seen Kyron, one would think she would be beside herself with grief, worry, etc. that she would be the one needing supoort, not giving it, but she also seems to be very aware of the camera and how she wants to "appear". yuk. How DY got through that PC without (as Beth Holloway has put it) "peeling the skin off" TH's face is a hard lesson in restraint. She's a better woman than I!

:Welcome-12-june: Gnome!

okay, okay.

I went back to read my original post. It seems I was under the impression that Terri was the one who was concerned for the others - she seemed very aware of how they were doing and very concerned for Kaine & Desiree, especially, throughout this presser, making efforts to comfort.

hmmmm...

In retrospect, perhaps not a completely bad assessment - I was only slightly off ... if it turns out Terri was very concerned about Kaine & Desiree and how they were feeling about Terri - and she made efforts to be involved with them in their suffering during this event.

Anyone have a link to the presser where Desiree reaches out and takes Terri's hand? Or can point me in the right direction to approximate date? I'm having trouble finding the video.

TIA

ETA: Well that was quick lol. I found it. June 13. Right near the very beginning, Desiree reaches out and takes Terri's hand.

http://www.kptv.com/video/23886770/index.html

I did not say anything at the time, as it was not permissable to do so, but I found Terri's behavior in this video to be extraordinary. She moved about like the host of the party, albeit it a somber one, while everyone else stays in one place. I have no idea if this indicates guilt, but it certainly is outlandish, to say the least.

--- snipped ---

I notice how DY tenses up next to TH - the word that came to me when TH first really tries to comfort DY when TY goes up to speak was that DY bristles when TH touches her...seems to me that she physically pulls slightly away, subtle but there.

--- snipped ---

Hiya Boo,

Agreed! Absolutely... Bristle is the word, but I see a very "careful" bristle one that is meant to not make a scene.

Looking really closely... I see the tip ends of Terri's curved fingers against Desiree's shoulder. This type of touch is weird to me, it is like an approach, an invitation but not necessarily a "feeling" warm approach, like if the "fingerprint" area pads and inside area of the fingers are resting on the shoulder to comfort. There is a difference here, but it isn't one that my husband caught when I just tested it with him several times.

NOTE TO SELF: Revelation! Why am I seeing what I am seeing and feeling what I am feeling "about what I am seeing" in the video based upon my own personal experience. When my husband and I are in bed together and he is laying to my right side and "on his back" sleeping AND I want to "coax" (or direct, or goad) him to roll over on his right side (i.e. lift that left shoulder off the bed and roll over on your right side bubba), I slip my right hand under his left shoulder (between it and the mattress) and start tapping the "tips" -- the "TIPS" -- of my fingers repetitively against his back/left shoulder. Sometimes I tap slowly and gently, other times more forcefully and quickly (if the soft touch doesn't get him moving). I might do this type of action if he is snoring and I am trying to "direct him" saying, "Roll over now so that you can breathe better" -- basically, I'm not asking him -- I'm telling him "Do this now!" WHEN, on the other hand, I am in a more gentle and "willing to compromise" mood about him turning on his right side (i.e. because I'm tired of laying on my back and am ready to "spoon" to the right but if he doesn't want to do this, okay, I'll turn left) AND maybe I'm feeling more compromising because he hasn't been feeling well, I will use my right hand under his shoulder and use "MY FINGER PADS" to tap him and gently "nudge" him to lift his left shoulder and turn right. For me, I guess I am seeing that my finger tips are used more often for "directing" or "coaxing" or "goading" -- my finger pads are more often used in sensitivity and open invitation.

Back on track...
In Terri's "fingertips" touching Desiree, I see a very quick type of "querying" -- a type of "I'm directing you to lean into me" BUT Desiree doesn't respond. So, I see a quick and subtle type of tug of Terri with her fingertips to move Desiree into leaning on her but Desiree doesn't do it. She bounces back to an erect state, somewhat like those old punching bag toys. You punch them one way, they return to straight up.

ALSO NOTEABLE:
Watch Desiree's eyes and mouth when that quick tug by Terri happens and Desiree bristles. Desiree's very quick "looking up" and then down eyes seem to VERY quickly say, "Get me through this God" If I were going to further guess her emotions, she did NOT want Terri touching her. She seems to kind gasp a touch, as if to say, "Please don't let her do that again, I can't take it." All the while, I feel like Desiree is trying to avoid some type of scene that she feels is being forced upon her by Terri's motions.

Very strange behavior and very disturbing to watch her actions. She is so clearly trying to act upset when it's obvious that she isn't.

Nice to meet you too :wave: Thank you for this post. I rewatched with all this in mind, and I can sure see this part now: Desiree did NOT want to be touched. First Terri hugs, and Desiree reacts by shaking even more and becoming more upset. Desiree is absolutely distraught. THEN Terri, rather than backing off, gets clingier, rubbing on Desiree's arm.

YES! Good, you can see what we are all seeing. Terri has moved in on Desiree when Desiree has not invited it. D tries, very subtly to let Terri know she can be fine left alone, but Terri keeps pressing in...not good, and certainly not good when the focus is what is going on with the speakers, not the background.

In acting, this would be "upstaging" someone. The focus should be ON THE SPEAKER not on someone rubbing and tugging and fondling in the background.

Anyone have a link to the presser where Desiree reaches out and takes Terri's hand? Or can point me in the right direction to approximate date? I'm having trouble finding the video.

TIA

ETA: Well that was quick lol. I found it. June 13. Right near the very beginning, Desiree reaches out and takes Terri's hand.

http://www.kptv.com/video/23886770/index.html

And keeps holding it, throughout the entire time the two families are behind the LE speaking. Also notable is Kaine's nearly constant massaging of TH's shoulder, stopping once to pat DY's back, but then right back to TH's shoulder.

Best-
Herding Cats

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288