Terri-Lynne McClintic sent to healing lodge 25 September 2018

Discussion in 'Victoria Stafford' started by tarabull, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Kamille

Kamille Shine bright like a diamond

Hez, Bravo, swedie and 3 others like this.
  2. tarabull

tarabull Life is a puzzle.

3. otto

otto Verified Expert

From your link:

"As of September 23, 2018, there were 11 people convicted of first or second degree murder of a minor serving time in healing lodges, said Goodale's press secretary Scott Bardsley. Between the fiscal years of 2011-2012 and 2018-19, 22 convicted child-killers have been held for some period of time in healing lodges"

This is the fallout from McClintic. Now, regardless of indigenous status, convicted child killers will not be allowed to serve the sentence in a healing lodge, yet the goal of the healing lodge was to provide an alternative to all indigenous criminals.

dyannaON and tarabull like this.
  4. Hez

Hez Active Member

BBM - My ex-sister-in-law used to think she could do this, but there is absolutely no aboriginal background in either side of her family, lol. I am Metis and in order to get my Metis card I had to prove that I am a direct descendant of Metis ancestors in my geneaology. The bottom line is child killer/rapist McClintic is not aboriginal and does not deserve any of the the benefits and rights afforded to aboriginal people, including serving a sentence for the rape and murder of an 8 year old girl in a healing lodge. I don't care if she 'self-identifies'; she's a liar and a killer and she can rot away prison for the rest of her pathetic life. I hope that somehow she can also be classified as a sex offender too.

5. Hez

Hez Active Member

BUBM - GOOD!

Kamille and otto like this.
  6. otto

otto Verified Expert

I think this is a good result as well. Healing lodges for a small segment of the population to serve sentences for violent offences against children should never have been allowed. Now that this special treatment has been exploited, hopefully all persons, regardless of race or nationality, will be treated equally in the eyes of the law.

mickey2942 likes this.
  7. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

I am glad McClintock is back where she belongs.

I also see the reasons for having a healing lodge for indigenous women, and hope that this opportunity is available, but only for women with proven, verifiable blood quantum pedigrees, and who have been adequately assessed by a team. I think that this woman slipped through the cracks. Glad she is back where she belongs.

8. otto

otto Verified Expert

I think McClintic should be in a maximum security prison where her lifestyle is severely compromised, but the Canadian judicial system values rehabilitation over punishment.

Regarding, indigenous status, the world is at a very murky place where men can identify as women, and we know of at least one Caucasian woman who identifies as black. In Canada, and some other countries, "identifying" is all that is necessary to be afforded the benefits of that identification. I see this as something that truly needs to be sorted out to prevent future McClintics from doing the same thing.

Does that mean changing who is eligible for the healing lodge, or does it mean better defining the philosophy and intent behind the healing lodge to ensure that identifying as indigenous is not sufficient for residency?