Terri: Waved Goodbye at 8:45/Left School at 9:00 -- Significance

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE had probable cause for one, enough cause for kaine to leave the house with the baby.

Oh, is there proof of probable cause? I mean, I had probable cause to eat the brownie last night, but is there proof I actually did?

Which LE informed Kaine of such a plot? Why hasn't there been anything more regarding it? When the sting operation was thwarted because Terri called the police to report..........er, the police trying to get her to give them 10K to kill her husband.....was that probable cause?

It just seems all so..... how do you say...... made up.

PORTLAND, Ore. -- KGW has learned that investigators are trying to determine the identity of a person who was seen sitting in the truck Terri Horman was driving the day Kyron Horman disappeared **snip**

According to several sources in the Skyline community, including people who have spoken with investigators, the person was seen by at least two witnesses while Terri was in the school with Kyron. **snip**

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/2nd-person-seen-in-Terri-Hormans-truck-100301534.html

So which is it? Was Terri the last person to see Kyron? OR - did she have someone in the truck? In my opinion, it can't be both. moo

FR: I don't understand why it can't be both. Can you please elaborate? (I'm missing something in your statement.)

Oh, is there proof of probable cause? I mean, I had probable cause to eat the brownie last night, but is there proof I actually did?

Which LE informed Kaine of such a plot? Why hasn't there been anything more regarding it? When the sting operation was thwarted because Terri called the police to report..........er, the police trying to get her to give them 10K to kill her husband.....was that probable cause?

It just seems all so..... how do you say...... made up.

All we know now...is that a husband who appeared to be standing staunchly behind his wife, a husband who by definition is a "data guy" decided after hearing what LE had to tell him about the MFH plot to take his child and file for divorce.

Would a random Landscaper's "story" alone be enough to cause such a reaction? Do we believe anyone can bring an unsubstantiated story to LE and they will divert resources to set up a sting and essentially spread unfounded "gossip" to break up a marriage?

Maybe. But I find THAT hard to believe. I also think Terri would have had a compelling reason to fight for her marriage, her reputation AND her Baby...if she knows beyond a doubt...that the Landscaper has NOTHING MORE than a crazy tale to tell.

Would I let a Liar take everything and everyone I love away from me...if I had no fear? Terri does not seem like the shy little violet that cannot defend herself. She has had a colorful life.

I think we haven't heard more about it from LE because it is part of the evidence against Terri in the case they are building. I think there is more to collaborate than just a wild story from the Landscaper. I think the Sexting to the School Friend reportedly supported the MFH story in some fashion as well.

I think we haven't heard more from Terri because she knows what she did and she knows it is all unraveling behind the scenes.

I think LE did not have the best plan with the Sting if Kaine had already moved out on the very same day with the Baby. Wasn't that the case? I would be very suspicious of my husband leaving and THEN, here comes the Landscaper I tried to hire to kill him! I think LE did not think that through.

All we know now...is that a husband who appeared to be standing staunchly behind his wife, a husband who by definition is a "data guy" decided after hearing what LE had to tell him about the MFH plot to take his child and file for divorce.

And conveniently aired castigating information regarding his wife which has nothing to do with his missing child but definitely gets people to support him while vilifying Terri in the public.

Would a random Landscaper's "story" alone be enough to cause such a reaction? Do we believe anyone can bring an unsubstantiated story to LE and they will divert resources to set up a sting and essentially spread unfounded "gossip" to break up a marriage?

Who says the LS was random? She is purported to have hired the guy to do work in their yard. The only random thing about that is people's assumption that she'd throw in a hit for an extra 10K. I don't know what this guy said to LE which led to that sting; I only know the outcome, and that was Terri called to report it happening. For all I know, she was quoted a $10K price for what she wanted done in the yard and whatever evidence they had was vague enough they had to prove it wasn't a hit-for-hire. It flopped.

Maybe. But I find THAT hard to believe. I also think Terri would have had a compelling reason to fight for her marriage, her reputation AND her Baby...if she knows beyond a doubt...that the Landscaper has NOTHING MORE than a crazy tale to tell.

Terri dealt with her marriage in a message to her husband the day he left suddenly with their child. She had not been served, Kaine took off with the baby, upset. Terri had been accused in private by the very people who were as close to Kyron as she was; where exactly was she supposed to find purchase to fight for her marriage? In fact, since the divorce and all its sordid details were thrown into the public forum, it would behoove us all to wonder WHY we know all those sordid details. A "data guy" whose child is missing throws to the voracious media details as salacious as you'd find in any tabloid. It makes me wonder why.

Would I let a Liar take everything and everyone I love away from me...if I had no fear? Terri does not seem like the shy little violet that cannot defend herself. She has had a colorful life.
I don't know exactly what you mean by this. Terri has attorneys dealing with her legal matters.....isn't that what we'd do if we wanted everything and everyone we love? Kaine started the divorce; Terri didn't. She has to respond to it legally, not in the press like Kaine does.

I think we haven't heard more about it from LE because it is part of the evidence against Terri in the case they are building. I think there is more to collaborate than just a wild story from the Landscaper. I think the Sexting to the School Friend reportedly supported the MFH story in some fashion as well.
I have a problem with the sexting, as well. Proof that it was Terri that sent them, for starters. All those bat phones, and people in and out of her house.....I'm just saying. Put the phone in her hand, prove it's her naughty bits, etc etc. Prove she sent them. That last bit you put there, though.......where have you seen that information? That's a first for me! Prove in fact, that MC didn't surreptitiously take those pictures of the RO while Terri was out of the room.

For everything used to point to Terri, I've been able to find someone else covering their butt. The teacher; the sexting guy; the LS; DeDe.......all of them. Prove that Terri did these things, and suddenly I'll be without a fence under my bottom. But I haven't seen anything which can't be shown as someone else lying to cover their own actions. Does that make Terri unlucky? Not really. It just makes other people capable of lying in the midst of a missing child's case to point away from themselves in order to not get in trouble. I need more than "I think" or "Terri's a liar because what she says conflicts with what someone else says." Prove the other person isn't covering their butt.

I think we haven't heard more from Terri because she knows what she did and she knows it is all unraveling behind the scenes.
Or smartly she's following her attorney's advice and letting people continue to make accusations about her in public. There isn't a thing she can say until LE decides to charge her that people won't use to further hang her. LE's job is to prove she is their suspect; Terri's job is to wait for them to do so.

I think LE did not have the best plan with the Sting if Kaine had already moved out on the very same day with the Baby. Wasn't that the case? I would be very suspicious of my husband leaving and THEN, here comes the Landscaper I tried to hire to kill him! I think LE did not think that through.

On this, we agree :)

Doing what?
Is this the liitle boy who stated Kyron told him that morning he was going to look at a cool electrical project?
I have a problem with that time IF the child claimed it was at 9:00 am due to the fact the children would have already been in their classrooms and getting ready to tour the exhibits with either the teacher or with the volunteers..JMHO

I have an 11 year old and a nine year old at home. If they had to tell you what time something happened, well...we'd all be in big trouble. Children are not well known for being time-aware. Perhaps this child is different than most, but odds are, he's not.

It makes sense and is consistent to me. She told LE 8:45, she emailed 9:00. When I talk to my friends, I frequently round up or down. That's how most people talk in casual conversation. It's just not important to be precise to the minute in casual conversation.

Where it's important to be precise is when one is talking to LE. She told them, according to reports, 8:45. That's what I count as the official time she claims she last saw Kyron.

This is just no big deal.

FR: But in that same email she says she even has a receipt for 9:12 at FM's. Then goes through the rest of the day in rather startling detail (timewise)

FR: But in that same email she says she even has a receipt for 9:12 at FM's. Then goes through the rest of the day in rather startling detail (timewise)

Again, those times after the 9:12 receipt are also times that can be verified by having to punch in at the gym, when she left the gym, what time she got home, when did she log on. Etc etc. Not so much that she kept the detailed times at the ready in case she was asked. It appears clear that when asked, she looked back through her day for verification, because people wanted more information. She verified what she could and leaves that gap open with "trying to get Kitty to sleep in the truck, but no go...."

I have a problem with the sexting, as well. Proof that it was Terri that sent them, for starters. All those bat phones, and people in and out of her house.....I'm just saying. Put the phone in her hand, prove it's her naughty bits, etc etc. Prove she sent them. That last bit you put there, though.......where have you seen that information? That's a first for me! Prove in fact, that MC didn't surreptitiously take those pictures of the RO while Terri was out of the room.

For everything used to point to Terri, I've been able to find someone else covering their butt. The teacher; the sexting guy; the LS; DeDe.......all of them. Prove that Terri did these things, and suddenly I'll be without a fence under my bottom. But I haven't seen anything which can't be shown as someone else lying to cover their own actions. Does that make Terri unlucky? Not really. It just makes other people capable of lying in the midst of a missing child's case to point away from themselves in order to not get in trouble. I need more than "I think" or "Terri's a liar because what she says conflicts with what someone else says." Prove the other person isn't covering their butt.

So it's a grand conspiracy against TH? Everyone else is at fault but her? Everyone else needs to prove themselves before Terri can be guilty? Why is it so unbelieveable that Terri could possibly be guilty? It's not like she hasn't been shooting herself in the foot over and over again. It blows my mind that this could be some grand conspiracy to frame this one poor SAHM that keeps making bad decisions. And now those decisions aren't even her fault? And what kills me it is that it can't be her plus two or more people, but it can be a whole dang town conspiring against her. Doesn't make a bit of sense to me at all.

Maybe I'm jaded by the ICA case where the same mindset exists for her mother Cindy, but I don't believe the LE, The Horman family, Terri's former friends, and the city of Portland just have it out against this one redheaded SAHM who's stepson went missing. That is just ridiculous, IMO. If ANYONE needs to prove themselves innocent once and for all, it's Terri, not the unfortunate people that have had the misfortune of knowing her or having some kind of contact with her.

To get back on topic, SHE is the one who corrected herself and said she left at 9am. That wasn't LE, that wasn't anyone else. If her timeline is not adding up, it's no one's fault but her OWN.

Again, those times after the 9:12 receipt are also times that can be verified by having to punch in at the gym, when she left the gym, what time she got home, when did she log on. Etc etc. Not so much that she kept the detailed times at the ready in case she was asked. It appears clear that when asked, she looked back through her day for verification, because people wanted more information. She verified what she could and leaves that gap open with "trying to get Kitty to sleep in the truck, but no go...."
The reason people find that excuse so lame is that it is unverifiable. Why did she want the baby to sleep in the car anyway, if she knew she was going to the gym? Why take a child who wasn't feeling well to the gym?

Verifiable things are the times and locations of her phone calls, receipts, and the times people saw her at the school and in stores. The rest is just her word for what she was doing and frankly, she could write another page of details and possibly none of it would be true. MOO

........and yet, she has a receipt that shows she was at FM at 9:12.

Is her verbiage in this part of the email: “I have a receipt showing I was checking out at Fred Meyer 7 miles away at 9:12am..."

She doesn't say she was at Fred Meyer, she says she has a receipt showing she was there. Now, that may be potato, potato for some, but (having dealt with liars in my life) I've found that they will often say something to lead you to the conclusion they want you to have without actually "saying it". That way, if you later find out that conclusion is untrue, well...they never actually said (insert random lie about what they did or where they were here.)

Just a thought that has been bothering me regarding the email that was sent.

........and yet, she has a receipt that shows she was at FM at 9:12.

That's right, she ONLY has a receipt. There is no proof SHE got it other than having it in her hand, and if she appears on video at that store or not, or if anyone remembers her being there. Someone else could have gotten that receipt for her. That receipt doesn't prove a thing except that SOMEONE checked out at that store at 9:12 am. And only LE knows for sure who that is right now.

Debs said:
Terri has never disputed the charges of sexting on her phones. Never once.

She made it easy for Michael Cook - she sent him those pictures of herself, and probably talked about what she was doing in "hundreds of text messages."

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/horman-affair.pdf

There wasn't just one picture stolen from a phone--MC didn't have to steal any pictures, and how would he even know the pictures were in her phone if she didn't show them to him? :waitasec: To me, it's weird enough that a married Mom of two kids has nude pictures of herself in the phone to begin with! What if Kyron had picked it up, if it was so easy to look through her pictures?

We all know you ate the brownie...are you really going to try to deny it?!! :croc:

Just happens to kidnapp a kid who's stepmon recentley tried to bump off the dad and has time she can't account for. How unlucky can Teri get .... MFH plot uncovered by a kidnapping.

And just happens to have a friend who's whereabouts are in question the EXACT same time on the EXACT same day.

I bet he was in the truck alone at both FM. Heck he wasn't allowed to get out of bed in the morning. Teri probably told him to "sit in the truck and don't get out of the seatbeat or else!!!!"

BBM

Can I get a link for that? When I transcribed the interview with KH and DY when this concept first came up, the quote about Kyron staying in bed seemed pretty clear that it was his choice. I'd like to see proof that TH actually made him stay in bed.

ETA: Here's the quote (as always, let me know if I got the transcription wrong):

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5433878&postcount=25"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Quotes From the Kyron case *List Only* No Discussion[/ame]

The thing i dont understand is that she would surely be smart enough to know that LE would check the store security video if she was going to use that receipt for part of her alibi wouldnt you think? It would have to be her or someone that looks alot like her.

The thing i dont understand is that she would surely be smart enough to know that LE would check the store security video if she was going to use that receipt for part of her alibi wouldnt you think? It would have to be her or someone that looks alot like her.

Hmmm, someone that looks a lot like her...isn't that Dede?

Now I know up close maybe not. But if the store clerk isn't paying much attention and the store video isn't that great, I can see how that would work.

..We have self checkout lines here ..do they also have them in that store i wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member