Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #10 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is never a reason or an excuse for what evil people do. Except evil.

JMO

Well, if there were never contributing factors behind people doing bad things, a lot of criminologists, sociologists and psychologists would be out of a job. Just personally, I'm grateful there are people who feel that it's important to find these factors to help identify patterns, apprehend criminals and help guard against future attempts at evildoing.

I believe the investigators know precisely where the bomb exploded because it would show up on the ground underneath where the bomb went off. Good grief people, too much TV!

I believe the investigators know precisely where the bomb exploded because it would show up on the ground underneath where the bomb went off. Good grief people, too much TV!

Excellent point, Nora.

I remember seeing a pic that showed black scorching on the ground, and I assumed that it was the location where one of the bombs went off.

You are so right - investigators can look at the crime scene & determine exactly where the bombs detonated, similar to how arson investigators can tell the source of a fire.

Initial reports stated that TT could not get citizenship due to the DV charge. Subsequent reports now dispute that. All we had to go on were initial reports. "It had been previously reported that Mr. Tsarnaev’s application might have been held up because of a domestic abuse episode. But the officials said that it was the record of the F.B.I. interview that threw up red flags and halted, at least temporarily, Mr. Tsarnaev’s citizenship application. Federal law enforcement officials reported on Friday that the F.B.I. interviewed Mr. Tsarnaev in January 2011 at the request of the Russian government, which suspected that he had ties to Chechen terrorists." http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/21/u...enship-held-up-by-homeland-security.html?_r=0

The brown paper bag inside a white plastic bag (or whatever it was) that was in front of the metal barriers could not have been the source of the explosion, IMO, since photos of the scene post-blast show the barriers bent toward the street. If the blast had originated in front of the barriers, I think it would have blown the metal barriers backwards, away from the street.

Based on photographic evidence, the explosion clearly came from behind the metal barriers, since the metal barriers were bent toward the street post-blast.

Pre-blast photo:

Second-Boston-bomb-1836530.jpg

Post-blast photo:

Second-Boston-bomb-1836529.jpg

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/boston-marathon-bomb-photo-shows-1836532

<modsnip>

The long section of barrier ( that a man appears to be climbing over or moving) is bent backwards towards the pavement. There seems to be a small section of barrier bent around the bin towards the street. The barriers may have been toppled/bent as people panicked and tried to flee rather than from the blast, or as people tried to get to the victims.

I think the evidence from injuries will be more useful in establishing the direction and no doubt bomb experts have also already looked at all the evidence at the scene to try and establish the source and direction.

sorrell skye, what photo were you looking for? Thanks.

sorrell skye, what photo were you looking for? Thanks.

Ray - I wasn't looking for any photos. Another member, PoirotryInMotion, said she/he had seen some other pics of the blast sites, and I had asked if those pics could be found & posted so I could look at them.

Seeing how he ran his own brother over in Danny's stolen SUV I don't think we need transcripts of DT's interrogation to acknowledge he was involved with the car jacking.

We have Danny's interview with LE placing DT at the carjacking
We have Danny's SUV on video at the Shell station
We have DT on video at the Shell station
We have DT in Danny's SUV at the shootout
WE have DT at leaving shootout running over his brother

I think it's safe to assume DT was at the carjacking of Danny's SUV

Having read your posts I'm really curious as to why you're so focused on disparaging the carjack victim?

I never claimed that DT wasn't involved in whatever sequence of events preceded TT/DT driving the SUV away from the gas station and to the area where the shootout happened. I am just questioning what happened before that.

The OP stated that DT had been talking to investigators about this event. I asked if she had a link to a report about DT talking about this event. I was querying the talking, not the event.

Here's the image I posted about upthread, with the black scorching on the ground. I think this was the location where the first bomb was detonated (where Krystle was killed, and where Jeff lost his legs).

041613-national-us-bombings-boston-marathon-bombing-4.jpg

http://www.bet.com/news/national/2013/04/18/image-leads-to-hunt-for-boston-bombing-suspect.html

I do wonder what that is from. But Jeff said the bag was placed at his feet. And it was behind krystle and her friend. All of them were standing closer to the street. In fact most of the victims were in that one spot closer to the street. So idk if I believe that's the blast site just from that evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do wonder what that is from. But Jeff said the bag was placed at his feet. And it was behind krystle and her friend. All of them were standing closer to the street. In fact most of the victims were in that one spot closer to the street. So idk if I believe that's the blast site just from that evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the bomb was at Jeff's feet and reports have said the cement suffered damage underneath.

in Sorrell's pic that's the backpack that ended up against the wall, that dark area we see may be where something burning landed, there was a decent fireball

good pic thanks

Pakalert? The Pakistani conspiracy site? :floorlaugh:

That site cracks me up

I've no idea what the site is that the image came from. I just copied and pasted the image from a google image search.

I don't know where the backpacks were specifically placed. I expect that will come out at trial, along with other forensic evidence.

I hope there's a trial. Noodled1 - you've posted recently that you think DT may take a plea bargain.

Would you mind explaining your reasons why you believe this, as well as why you believe federal prosecutors may offer or agree to a plea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo