Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #11 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new Washington Post article about Katherine Russell. Not the best article they have published but a couple of bits of new info and Page 4 is most interesting to me.

Katherine Russell: Boston bombing suspect widow’s enigmatic life journey
By Monica Hesse, Sunday, May 5, 4:33 PM

"After she gave birth to her little girl, Zahara, she was seen huddled in the courtyard, speaking Russian or Arabic with other young women in their early 20s, the neighbor said.

The neighbor said Katherine only spoke directly to him once, in English, asking him to be on the lookout for people who appeared to be casing cars for possible break-ins. He didn’t realize she was American: Although her accent was good, her voice seemed slow."

I'm not a big god believer, but I really disagree. My upbringing tells me that once someone dies, they are returned to god, the goddess, the great spirit or whatever. Whatever bad was in this man is gone. He should be buried and let it go at that.

Personally, I do not have issues with the funeral director accepting TT's corpse for Muslim burial preparation. However, I do not believe he should be buried in the US.

IF he must be buried in the US, and I don't agree that he was "raised in Cambridge," nor that in this case the US is his home country:

“He lived in America. He grew up here and for the last 10 years he decided to be in Cambridge, therefore any contemplation that the body should be taken to a home country...his home country is Cambridge, Massachusetts,” Tsarni said.

THEN his body's final destination (IF buried in the US) should not be announced or divulged.

FBI report?? That's news to me! Are you talking about the charging document? That's not a report, it's a statement of probable cause to support the charges. It's not evidence.

Yep there has been no FBI report released at all. When it is it certainly won't be a few pages... Thing will be massive...

I'm not a big god believer, but I really disagree. My upbringing tells me that once someone dies, they are returned to god, the goddess, the great spirit or whatever. Whatever bad was in this man is gone. He should be buried and let it go at that.

Wise words. Thank you time. :)

A new Washington Post article about Katherine Russell. Not the best article they have published but a couple of bits of new info and Page 4 is most interesting to me.

"After she gave birth to her little girl, Zahara, she was seen huddled in the courtyard, speaking Russian or Arabic with other young women in their early 20s, the neighbor said.

The neighbor said Katherine only spoke directly to him once, in English, asking him to be on the lookout for people who appeared to be casing cars for possible break-ins. He didn’t realize she was American: Although her accent was good, her voice seemed slow."

Very interesting article. KR is very artistic, drawing, dance, music. Has she given up all that? Its seems so. She seems to have withdrawn from all and almost everyone when she met TT and converted to Islam.

This stood out to me:

Another worker in the store, however, only ever saw her shopping with Tamerlan, and his impression of Russell was very different than his colleague’s.

She was a somewhat cowering figure, he remembers. She never looked any of the customers or the shopkeeper in the eye, never talked to anyone, and shied away from those who brushed close to her in the store. Tamerlan always did the paying, and the ordering of items. He sometimes barked instructions to his wife.

“He’s a very strong personality,” the grocer said. “Maybe she loved him a lot. But it seemed odd. She’s a woman living in America. This is America.”

There was one article where I think it was her attorney said that KRT didn't speak Russian and TT and DT often spoke in Russian so she didn't know the content of their conversations.

All that talk about point A to Z to M to C left me confused. If the daughter is three years old, then she must have been born before TT and KRT were married in June of 2010. I got the impression from the article, however, that the child was born in late 2010. What am I missing?

There was one article where I think it was her attorney said that KRT didn't speak Russian and TT and DT often spoke in Russian so she didn't know the content of their conversations.
Right.

All that talk about point A to Z to M to C left me confused. If the daughter is three years old, then she must have been born before TT and KRT were married in June of 2010. I got the impression from the article, however, that the child was born in late 2010. What am I missing?

The alphabet soup confused me, too. In the earliest reporting, the child was described as 2 1/2, but all the later articles say 3. No date of birth has been published. all MOO

TT clearly didn't like America. And so I don't believe for a second Cambridge is where he wanted to be. Why don't they ship him back to Chechnya? Sounds like that is where he wanted to be, not US.

2.5 years was also said. So that would just fit.

TT clearly didn't like America. And so I don't believe for a second Cambridge is where he wanted to be. Why don't they ship him back to Chechnya? Sounds like that is where he wanted to be, not US.

As a muslim he would have wanted to be buried where he died, doesn't matter which country it is.

2.5 years was also said. So that would just fit.

As a muslim he would have wanted to be buried where he died, doesn't matter which country it is.

Well, I guess I don't really care what he would have wanted.

About KR's phone call to TT:

... two sources familiar with the investigation told CNN that Russell had spoken with Tamerlan after his picture appeared on national television April 18.

What exactly the two said remains under investigation, the sources said.

Investigators may be able to recover the conversation, said Tom Clemente, a former counterterrorism agent for the FBI.

"We certainly have ways in national security investigations to find out exactly what was said in that conversation," he told CNN's Erin Burnett on Monday, adding that "all of that stuff is being captured as we speak whether we know it or like it or not."

"It's not necessarily something that the FBI is going to want to present in court, but it may help lead the investigation and/or lead to questioning of her," he said.

So what does that exactly mean? That all phone conversations are being recorded?

This is also interesting:

Legal questions

More questions arise when it comes to what legal obligation Russell might have had to inform authorities of her husband's identity once the photos went public.

Russell didn't have any legal requirement to call authorities on learning her husband was potentially involved, criminal defense attorney Mark Geragos told Burnett. Spouses can't be compelled to testify against each other in criminal cases.

"Maybe from a moral standpoint she would have wanted to do that," he said.

CNN legal analyst Paul Callan said he didn't believe Russell would be able to enjoy "spousal privilege" against investigators' questions.

"The wife of a criminal defendant generally gets a spousal privilege" if there is a discussion that happened within the context of the marriage, Callan said. "It's protected. That's what spousal privilege is about. But when the husband dies, and where he has revealed what he has told his wife to a criminal co-conspirator, the communication is no longer confidential and the wife cannot claim spousal privilege protection."

The privilege is "really only meant to protect confidential communications to protect the institution of marriage," he said.

Russell can still assert the Fifth Amendment to protect herself, unless she gets immunity from prosecutors, he said.

Defense attorneys often seek immunity for their clients in exchange for providing authorities with information.

"Her lawyer is probably sitting down with her, very worried about the fact that she may face charges herself, depending on the knowledge of the plot," Callan said. "She has to have good information to get a deal from the feds, and that's what we don't know about at this point -- what kind of information to trade."

All quoted from here: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/02/us/boston-widow/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

My husband told me about recovery of phone conversations about 1 week ago. I have no problem with recording phone calls especially as concerns safety and security of our nation.

How exactly do they plan to recover the phone conversation? And as far as I can tell, recording of phone calls is illegal, unless judge allows it. Yet FBI is claiming they were not monitoring TT.

MOD NOTE:Another reminder to watch your links, everyone. With few exceptions, only MSM images are allowed; and you

must include a link to the MSM website where the pictures appear.

Images from blogs and other websites are not allowed.

Non-compliance will result in the removal of your post(s), and a suspension of posting privileges if you persist.

Any and all questions about this issue should be sent to a moderator in a private message or e-mail.

Thank you!

How exactly do they plan to recover the phone conversation? And as far as I can tell, recording of phone calls is illegal, unless judge allows it. Yet FBI is claiming they were not monitoring TT.

That's what I thought, it's not legal. That's why I don't understand Tom Clemente's comments in the article. But it sounds like he knows it is being recorded.

That's what I thought, it's not legal. That's why I don't understand Tom Clemente's comments in the article. But it sounds like he knows it is being recorded.

I don't understand his comments either. Is he suggesting that every phone conversation is recorded? That is clearly illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74