Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
These brothers were going to expensive schools, living in an expensive city...the older brother had a wife and child. Now reports of extensive travel to Russia. Who was funding all of this? Where was their money coming from? Any reports on this?

Ah, I now see Bourne's post. Sorry, no sympathy for their hardships. They placed one of those bombs next to a child. They were given scholarships, public assistance and help from kindly American neighbors. And they respond with carnage.

:) One can have compassion for another person's hardships and yet abhor the way the other person behaves as a result of them.

I still think the older brother was the one who planned all this.
moo.

Russian security services showed up during the interview and took the father away.
Why would they do that? They don't want him talking either?

This is why I said he might have been panicking earlier, and why I mentioned Russian security is not known for their gentleness. It was obvious to me this was going to happen very soon, especially after he appealed for Russia to help his son - a possible Chechyan terrorist. I hardly think that's likely to have gone down well with President Putin.

There won't be much info coming from family in Russia in future, imo.

those of you who've been to Russia (or in the places near) will be aware of how influential heroin is. where does heroin come from? The middle east. I'm not saying these two were connected to the drug trade but ... something is "off".

o/t I hate reading my muslim friends fearing for their lives. :( And now my Russian friends are vowing to not leave their homes. This is just ugly and people are running around like nutso's.

These brothers were going to expensive schools, living in an expensive city...the older brother had a wife and child. Now reports of extensive travel to Russia. Who was funding all of this? Where was their money coming from? Any reports on this?

Ah, I now see Bourne's post. Sorry, no sympathy for their hardships. They placed one of those bombs next to a child. They were given scholarships, public assistance and help from kindly American neighbors. And they respond with carnage.

Stating the facts about their living conditions stops short of extending them sympathy. It simply presents the truth for observation and hopefully deeper comprehension.

Saying Boston is a wealthy city is like saying Dallas or NY is. Yes, many parts are--and there is also extreme poverty in any big city. The boys were living with their family in a poorer part of town on the top floor of a building subsidized by government funding. The younger would never tell his friends where he lived, saying only "Cambridge." His dad was a car mechanic who dreamed of opening his own shop here in the USA but never did, due to inability to grasp the English language. So he worked odd jobs for $10/hour to try to make ends meet. He may have wanted the American dream for his family, but didn't have the capacity to pursue it. He ended up getting brain cancer and went for treatment in Germany. His elder son (age 30) was attending community college (not expensive), and it seems dropped out of that program recently. The younger son, brilliant, was able to take U of Mass Dartmouth courses due to the scholarship awarded him. The kid was also gifted athletically, and so was fortunate to have an inbuilt set of peeers who thought they knew him--and did, to an extent.

It'd be wrong to say DT blew up innocents because he was poor or because his dad had cancer. It'd also be wrong to say, "this could not have happened because he seemed so normal and likeable." It DID happen. So it's important to acknowledge that even seemingly 'normal' people aren't always what they seem to be. Like the psychologist said on the news this morning (and I loathe psychobabble, but I believe this is true)--every person has 3 selves: their Real self, their Feel self, and their Ideal self (exhibited to others). Sometimes these 3 are almost completely merged...and you have a healthy individual. Sometimes these are are great odds within a person, and increasingly so with age and circumstance. That can lead to mental deterioration, and even to evil, tragic outcomes. A person's still responsible for his choices, of course--goal is not pity here, but perspective.

Source for some of facts mentioned above:

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/04/who-is-dzhokhar-tsarnaev-boston/64382/

Someone upthread (I'm sorry - it's moving so fast to go back and find it) posted about looking in the sewers. It's the first thing I thought of, too... Sewer system, and Boston has an underground transit system with tunnels. But LE know those places exist, so I'm sure it's occurred to them. Just my thought. :)

My local CBS station has been on the national special report, and I must say I'm impressed with their restraint and seriousness. None of the hyped theatrics on a couple of news networks I could mention.... So if you're stuck with a bad wireless connection like me that makes live streaming hard, but you have basic stations, you might want to try CBS. (So far they're not harassing family, either.) JMO, :twocents:

I thought they said 7-11 were them ....and showed the video of Young one with the hoodie ... hmmm .. Media :rolleyes:

Pure speculation: I think some other thieves were robbing the 7-11 when the suspected bomber brothers were present/entering the store and eyewitnessed as being in the 7-11. And that someone then alerted the cops and the MIT campus police re: robbery and/or suspect sightings. And everything avalanched from there.

As far as I'm concerned the family are victims too. If there is anything else to know it will come to light. Otherwise presently and even tho i dont like some of what they say they are victims. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288