Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #6 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were looking for a remote or "rural" (and in this part of Mass, you're not really going to get what most of the country thinks of as rural), there are loads of better places on the way to Dartmouth. Berkley, Assonet, Freetown, Middleboro, etc.

Hanover does not make sense to me as somewhere out of the way to "practice", and it's not on the way to Dartmouth.

Then again, these guys weren't all that bright, so I could be wrong.

:drumroll:
Yes, finding bombing making info is easy. Building a bomb and detonating it at the proper time is NOT easy. IMO

Ted Kaczynski is a Harvard-educated mathematician. McVeigh was military trained. He also spent months preparing in rural locations.

Detonating bombs is not hard. In the 70's and 80's my brothers and his friends built rockets and bombs and blew them up in empty fields and parking lots more than once. They were gifted kids but it shows even high schoolers can do it.

As to the timing, I don't think these jerks succeeded when it came to that. I think they intended to blow them up when the main mass if runners came through.

Neither McVeigh nor Nichols were trained in bomb making by the military. Nichols taught McVeigh some of what he learned and Nichols learned from experimenting and from various other anti-government nuts at gun shows and militia rallies. But McVeigh was detonating bombs on his dads property before he joined the army. Oh and the truck bomb idea came from the Turner Diaries.

The only contacts these brothers would have had is with Chechnyan separatist terrorists who have no issue with the U. S. We are not a target of theirs.

At this time I see no coobectipn to any larger group. They seem like disgruntled losers who wanted to be big shots. That's it.

Regarding the other bombs/explosions that have occurred recently in the area, I hope it was DT/TT. If not, then it's someone else...

Card board tubes (paper towel rollers? Toilet paper rolls?) don't sound like someone worrisome to me. I think it's unrelated, and no one more dangerous than any idiot playing with fireworks or something.

Maybe they want the public to believe he can't communicate, so that they can question him longer than the 48 hours before having to read him his rights. It just seems odd that, first, the FBI said they wanted to be the ones giving the updates from the hospital, not the hospital. And now second, they are tripping over themselves trying to tell us that he can't talk.

I was suspicious when they wanted complete control over the release of any medical conditions. It was specifically stated by a former FBI agent (heard it on TV, don't have link) that it was so the hospital didn't say anything they shouldn't.

Frankly, I don't care if it gives them more than the obligatory 48 hours of interrogation with him.

they can keep him as long as they like under the current conditions without reading him his rights

FYI, I've been updating the media thread for easy reference to news articles.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205998"]Terrorist Attack on the Boston Marathon - MEDIA/TIMELINE REFERENCE **NO DISCUSSION** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

(snipped)

At this time I see no coobectipn to any larger group. They seem like disgruntled losers who wanted to be big shots. That's it.

bbm

I agree. But I still believe that TT was the one who came up with it all. DT seemed like he had a lot going for him. And TT's wife seems like she could really have done better than TT, IMO. People with TT's personality and twisted needs can really be conniving and controlling, drawing to them those who need/want direction or a purpose.

I'm not giving DT a pass by any means - he's 19. Even most children have a better moral compass than he showed. But I don't believe DT ever would've concocted such an idea if left on his own.

http://swampland.time.com/2013/04/2...r-boston-bombing-interviews/?iid=sl-main-lead

iUnder the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act and the Patriot Act, in order to unlock powerful surveillance and investigative tools the FBI must show probable cause that an individual is engaged in international terrorist acts on behalf of a terrorist group. The foreign government seemed to believe that Tamerlan was. Did they supply sufficient evidence for the FBI to meet a FISA court judge’s standard of probable cause? Was the FBI going the extra mile to meet the probable cause test?

Initially it doesn’t look good for the FBI. The definition under FISA of international terrorist acts is that they must:

…transcend national boundaries, in terms of the means by which they are accomplished, the person they appear intended to coerce or intimidate, or the locale in which the perpetrators operate or seek asylum.

The classic example, experts say, of operating internationally is training in an al Qaeda camp in the Pakistani hinterlands. To be sure, to get a FISA warrant the standard is higher for American citizens and green card holders (like Tamerlan)–the FBI has to show the suspect is knowingly engaging in international terrorism or preparing for it on behalf of a terrorist group. If the suspect isn’t a citizen or green card holder, then you just have to show the suspect is a member of terrorist group.

But FISA court judges don’t often reject warrant requests. And if the foreign government thought or knew that Tamerlan was traveling abroad to associate with “underground groups” that could have been enough. Which raises the question how hard, if at all, the FBI and prosecutors in Boston tried to get a FISA warrant.

Even as he enjoys the cheers of Bostonians for his successful apprehension of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, FBI special agent in charge, Richard DesLauriers, who took over the Boston office in 2010, may be preparing for tough questions about his past oversight of the Tsarnaev family.

Read more: http://swampland.time.com/2013/04/2...heir-boston-bombing-interviews/#ixzz2R8NxlLj3

Hope MSM reads here and one of the reports would ask the Bomber's mother, father and aunt, why the men would throw pipe bombs and homemade grenades at police if they were innocent?

From the Time article:

We remain under threat from radical Islam and we hope the Obama Administration will seriously consider the enemy combatant option,” said GOP Senators Lindsey Graham and John McCain, referring to their preference that Dzhokhar, an American citizen, not be read Miranda rights or given the right to counsel.

This is a gross overstatement, but the fear mongering was predictable. :rolleyes:

:seeya: Heads up. New thread coming. Prepare to move on over.

:drumroll:

Detonating bombs is not hard. In the 70's and 80's my brothers and his friends built rockets and bombs and blew them up in empty fields and parking lots more than once. They were gifted kids but it shows even high schoolers can do it.

As to the timing, I don't think these jerks succeeded when it came to that. I think they intended to blow them up when the main mass if runners came through.

Neither McVeigh nor Nichols were trained in bomb making by the military. Nichols taught McVeigh some of what he learned and Nichols learned from experimenting and from various other anti-government nuts at gun shows and militia rallies. But McVeigh was detonating bombs on his dads property before he joined the army. Oh and the truck bomb idea came from the Turner Diaries.

The only contacts these brothers would have had is with Chechnyan separatist terrorists who have no issue with the U. S. We are not a target of theirs.

Not all Chechnyan separatists are terrorists. Not all Chechnyan separatist terrorists are jihadists linked to Al Qaeda and the Taliban, but there is a large contingent of Chechnyan jihadists who have trained and fought in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

And , if these last reports are true, the FBI was given more information six months ago, about 6 meetings with a radical Islamist leader...and did nothing.

We ignore or minimize these things to our own peril. I think of that sweet little boy andhis peace sign....

I don't think he isolated her from family/friends - because everything he did was for his own glory. He didn't care what she did as long as their marriage afforded him the path to permanent residency and a free pass to stay in the US (the process is explained here - it's not automatic). She evidently moved back in with her parents a year or so ago, which would coincide with his return trip to Russia, etc. When he returned, I think he had other priorities - namely, becoming 'Important' - other than being a father/husband. And perhaps she noticed a change in him also and wasn't ready to move back in.

I really don't think he had too many beliefs - religious, political, or otherwise. I think his behavior was driven by his own psychopathological needs. All JMO.

He didn't need to be married to become a permanent resident. That whole family had a refugee status, as I understand it. So he definetely did not marry her just so he could stay in the US, he would have been able to do so anyway.

bbm

I agree. But I still believe that TT was the one who came up with it all. DT seemed like he had a lot going for him. And TT's wife seems like she could really have done better than TT, IMO. People with TT's personality and twisted needs can really be conniving and controlling, drawing to them those who need/want direction or a purpose.

I'm not giving DT a pass by any means - he's 19. Even most children have a better moral compass than he showed. But I don't believe DT ever would've concocted such an idea if left on his own.

DT didn't have all that much going for him as people seem to think. His grades apparently weren't good. His friends alleged he was a pot user.

New thread here...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9285564#post9285564"]Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #7 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer