Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #7 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stand her & don't trust her one bit. For this woman to say right away it was a set up & trying to cast a shadow on FBI, and considering what this idiot said about 9/11 - I wish she wasn't allowed in our country. It just doesn't seem right. :mad: & furthermore, I wish people would quit giving her air time.

I don't mind the media giving her air time. The more air time she & her husband receive, the more the intelligent public (and perhaps the FBI, as well) get to see the parental influence that, IMO, is what may have led to their sons' extremist views, and what may have truly influenced their terrorist sons. I think it started at home, and not in some jihad training camp.

The bombings, which killed three people, injured more than 260 people — far more than the 170 injured people that the authorities initially reported, officials said Tuesday. The revised figures are based on reports that the Boston Public Health Commission has received from 26 hospitals in the Boston area.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/24/us/boston-marathon-bombing-developments.html?pagewanted=2&hp

Mr. DeLuca said that he had been speaking with law enforcement authorities but declined to say whether Ms. Russell had. He also declined to elaborate on whether his client had seen changes in her husband recently. He did say that his client did not speak Russian, so she could not always understand what her husband was saying.

bbm
how convenient

The bombings, which killed three people, injured more than 260 people — far more than the 170 injured people that the authorities initially reported, officials said Tuesday. The revised figures are based on reports that the Boston Public Health Commission has received from 26 hospitals in the Boston area.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/24/us/boston-marathon-bombing-developments.html?pagewanted=2&hp

Mr. DeLuca said that he had been speaking with law enforcement authorities but declined to say whether Ms. Russell had. He also declined to elaborate on whether his client had seen changes in her husband recently. He did say that his client did not speak Russian, so she could not always understand what her husband was saying.

bbm
how convenient

I honestly believe that she knew nothing. Maybe suspected he was involved with some extremists - at the most. This is just my opinion, but if she knew he was going to blow up people, I think she would have at a minimum told her parents. And with her dad being an ER doctor, I believe he would've contacted authorities.

The wife is the next of kin but I have a feeling the body will be shipped off to Russia.

If Tamerlan's wife truly wants to distance herself from her husband's heinous crimes, she will not claim his body when it's released, but will allow her in-laws to claim his remains.

She would be well-advised by her attorney (not to mention her conscience) to refuse to claim his remains, IMO.

No it can just leave a little hole. My husband shot himself in the forearm with one.
Shattered the femur and ulna. Bullet ended up in his elbow. He dang near lost his arms a few days later. Since the bullet tossles around after entry there was no exit wound. If there had been yes he'd have blown his arm off.

6 surgeries in 10 days... lesson learned.

How did he injur his femur if he shot himself in the arm? Your femur is your largest leg bone.

Two interesting points from that link:

• MSM (in this case) refers to TT's death as a "shooting" death

• DT is indeed able to talk, though only "one word at a time"

But if, as the first sentence says, they "had a cache of weapons"--why did they need to shoot a cop to get a gun for DT? In all that cache there was not one gun for DT?

Reporting in this case is atrocious. Not that it hasn't been for every case the last 8 to 10 years though.

Complete aside, but important:

NewsBreaker ‏@NewsBreaker
NEW: AP: All AP's Twitter accounts suspended until we can be assured of their security. Do not respond to any news posted by these accounts

Apparently there was a tweet that Obama had been injured, caused stocks to fall, etc.

The New York Times The New York Times ‏@nytimes 17m

An erroneous tweet from @AP, which was hacked, caused the Dow to drop more than 150 points http://nyti.ms/12bLlSK

There's simply NOT enough excitement in these USA...

Interesting view from Moscow Times...

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/opinion/article/why-didnt-tsarnaev-attack-dagestan/479165.html

Why Didn't Tsarnaev Bomb Dagestan?
23 April 2013 | Issue 5116
By Yulia Latynina

Snipped:
Islamist terrorists never take responsibility for their attacks. They always claim that their opponents, who were U.S. secret agents posing as terrorists, blew themselves up to tarnish the reputation of peace-loving Islam.

Tamerlan had a friend named Brendan Mess. In the fall of 2011, Mess and two other men were found with their throats cut, $5,000 lying about and marijuana scattered on their bodies. Again, the naive FBI did not suspect a thing. But Tamerlan probably suspected that he was being trailed, so he went to visit relatives in Makhachkala for six months just to be on the safe side.

Snipped:
Things work differently in a failed state like those in the North Caucasus. In those societies, violence actually works. If the Tsarnaev brothers had become terrorists in Dagestan, where they lived for a year in 2001, the police might have been looking for them, but not a single citizen would have risked his neck to inform on them. In Dagestan, the people know that the terrorists and mafia members are more powerful than the authorities.

I believe he can return on a tourist visa. Not sure if there is a minimum time out of the country to apply for another visa now, but if so, then he probably met that.

I read somewhere that the father spoke with TT when he was in Russia to make sure that he returned to the US. I wonder if there was some stipulation on TT's visa that limited his time out of the country?

Also, the mother was quoted in an article as not understanding why the FBI was looking at TT for visiting his "home land". Seems like if you are in the US on refugee status, then you've walked away from your "home land" for fear of persecution and/or death.

BBM

I'm beginning to question the parents' political asylum claims regarding their reason for originally coming to the US. After hearing so much outright garbage from these 2 parents recently, I'm wondering if they may have milked the system in order to be granted expedited settlement status in the US.

The mother, who last summer was arrested on grand larceny charges, left very soon afterward to return to the region she & her husband supposedly fled when they came to the US, did they not? But suddenly she & her husband felt safe enough to return to the region from which they fled - and their eldest son travelled to that same region for 6 months last year.

Or am I misinformed as to which country they had allegedly sought political asylum from when they came to the US?

It's soooo confusing. I'm still trying to get all the facts straight, when it seems there are so few facts. Enlightenment with bona fide facts would be much appreciated.

Well, exactly. Which is why I don't understand people being critical of the friends and acquaintances responses. They are just simply telling what JT was like with them. I'm sure he wasn't wearing a shirt that said, for example, "ask me about jihad!", or something. :waitasec:
:floorlaugh:

I come here for the news, and also for the laughs!

How did he injur his femur if he shot himself in the arm? Your femur is your largest leg bone.

I was wondering the same thing, but didn't bother to respond, since it's irrelvant to this thread. I tend to ignore nonsensical information when I'm scrolling thru posts.

Nevertheless, if one shoots oneself in the forearm & sustains broken bones in the forearm, those broken bones would be the radius & the ulna, not the femur & the ulna. As you pointed out - the femur is the long bone in the thigh.

Seriously, I think he was stupid enough to think he could get away.
<rsbm>

I don't think he was trying to escape. From the pics upthread that the witness provided, the SUV was initially facing to the left at the start of the gunfight, but DT obviously had to turn it around at some point to drive directly towards his brother and the officers.

I'd like that answer as well. Could she have moved in with her parents during that time?

When I first heard about wife, it was said 'she'd moved back home with her parents'. Now we are hearing wife still lived with husband, in fact she left baby with husband just hours before the shoot out night so she could go to work. So where was baby during shoot out night, Thursday. If wife had gone to work, leaving baby with older bro/husband, where was the baby during the shoot out? And how could wife not know bombs were being made in their apartment?

When I first heard about wife, it was said 'she'd moved back home with her parents'. Now we are hearing wife still lived with husband, in fact she left baby with husband just hours before the shoot out night so she could go to work. So where was baby during shoot out night, Thursday. If wife had gone to work, leaving baby with older bro/husband, where was the baby during the shoot out? And how could wife not know bombs were being made in their apartment?

I quoted somewhere upthread that she had gone to the apartment to drop off the daughter. Seems to be conflicting reports about whether or not the wife and/or daughter lived there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member