Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #9 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if she is afraid to speak badly of TT and DT. Maybe that is why she isn't saying anything? If her in-laws were my in-laws, I would be afraid.
Especially to speak against the older brother who the mother seems particularly fond of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree, and taking it a step further, she could be afraid of any other affiliates (mafia, terrorist organizations, domestic fan club that is brewing)

I'm not sure how I feel about her role in all of this, but I'm sure that she's afraid for her daughter's and her life, regardless.

TT was at the door after the hostage escaped. TT was trying to get DT to go NOW because TT knew the gig was up! Store owner/worker interviewed and said DT just dropped the goods and left when his brother banged on the door!

Yes. I'm just saying the footage doesn't appear that way. TT is literally so close to him so it would mean the door would have shut within a millisecond for him to start banging on it because they were BOTH literally inside the door at that point at the same time.

I'm heavily leaning towards his involvement also. And, I think you are correct about #2 being a sign. Maybe TT was upset his friend was involved with the sale of MJ somehow, perhaps they were invading someone's turf, or it had to do with...? I also find it significant that two of the three guys were Jewish.

Maybe TT knew/believed that the three men were selling pot to DT? After all, DT was a pot head, but big brother didn't kill him, and DT never seemed to stop doing it even if he had become radicalized.

The Tsarnaevs lived in a diverse city with a large immigrant population. They had support from the community, the family (Uncle Ruslan sent them money) and the government. They had educational opportunities. They were free, thanks to political asylum, from nightly firefights between rebel and government forces. Nothing there to suggest "disaffection and alienation" as a root cause of their crimes. They apparently opposed US military involvement in the mideast. Many others do as well, but they generally engage in letter writing campaigns, peaceful protests, etc. and don't resort to bomb throwing.

I don't think the why is that mysterious. The brothers were exposed to a radical philosophy by one of following; the internet, local radicals, perhaps their own mother or some combination. They fell under the influence of the twisted values of that radical philosophy and acted accordingly. All MOO

It's no mystery to me why TT did it.

The "why" behind DT doing it is not explained in the slightest by those sentences. DT was not overtly radicalized. DT did not go to his ancestral land for months at a time. DT did not preach to others about his beliefs. DT did not try to convert others to Islam. DT did not show signs of aggression, violence, abuse and misogyny to those around him. DT had American friends, some very close friends, and had outwardly assimilated and was often seen looking truly at peace by those who lived with him.

So IMO the "why" was not the same for the two brothers, and since most people are apparently puzzled only by the "why" of DT - so much so that news articles and interviews are polling psychologists to try to figure out even an inkling, and not a single friend has come forward with even a tangential explanation but instead has expressed extreme shock - then IMO the simplistic explanation that "they became radicalized" doesn't really answer anything at all.

I find it ironic that the Lord & Taylor's surveillance cameras caught the bombers on video in Boston, then we find out that the bombers' mother is wanted for shoplifting over $1k of merchandise from a Lord & Taylor in a mall outside of Boston. Odd coincidence . . . .

Yes. I'm just saying the footage doesn't appear that way. TT is literally so close to him so it would mean the door would have shut within a millisecond for him to start banging on it because they were BOTH literally inside the door at that point at the same time.

I think that photo is taken from the inside of the store and was taken after TT banged on the door to tell him to get moving. The store shelves that you see through the right door are a reflection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post
In the past several weeks have we heard anyone say anything negative about younger?

Not that he smokes weed!

Not anymore!! :jail:

:floorlaugh:

Sorry, needed some relief.

Unless the prison doctors give him medical marijuana for all his gunshot pain.

I seem to remember one of the suspects wanting to visit Palestine but 'not talking the language'. May be a connection to the three murdered jewish people?
JMO

I seem to remember one of the suspects wanting to visit Palestine but 'not talking the language'. May be a connection to the three murdered jewish people?
JMO

You're right. TT said that on the phone with mom.

My thoughts exactly! Also, this may have been where the younger brother bought his weed, since his friends at UMass Dartmouth had said they thought of him as a pothead. I'm pretty convinced TT killed them. It was almost considered a cold case by LE, until the bombing. This suggests LE couldn't find anyone that would do such a thing in the men's lives. Now it seems there may have been one who could have done such a thing---and his name is TT. JMO

I think it could be that DT bought MJ from him also. I'm rethinking my theory though because I can see other motives for TT. Leaving them that way could have also been to tarnish their reputations (even if one had already been caught selling - 2008 though?) or send a message. Also, it appears it could have been at least 2 perps.

Maybe TT knew/believed that the three men were selling pot to DT? After all, DT was a pot head, but big brother didn't kill him, and DT never seemed to stop doing it even if he had become radicalized.

It's no mystery to me why TT did it.

The "why" behind DT doing it is not explained in the slightest by those sentences. DT was not overtly radicalized. DT did not go to his ancestral land for months at a time. DT did not preach to others about his beliefs. DT did not try to convert others to Islam. DT did not show signs of aggression, violence, abuse and misogyny to those around him. DT had American friends, some very close friends, and had outwardly assimilated and was often seen looking truly at peace by those who lived with him.

So IMO the "why" was not the same for the two brothers, and since most people are apparently puzzled only by the "why" of DT - so much so that news articles and interviews are polling psychologists to try to figure out even an inkling, and not a single friend has come forward with even a tangential explanation but instead has expressed extreme shock - then IMO the simplistic explanation that "they became radicalized" doesn't really answer anything at all.

I don't even know if I am buying into TT being infuriated that DT was smoking pot. Still undecided. IDK, I think mom was the major influence on her boys. DT had both mom and TT influencing him to change. I don't think it's that unusual that DT looks like a nice guy to his friends and acquaintances or hid some side of himself -- it's possible he was committed to doing this or some other act of violence and had been. Why was he claiming he didn't like it here, but many months later became a citizen? DT could have become adept at playing whatever role and whenever.... look at those closest to him. Mom is either an extreme narcissist or a sociopath or both.

I don't even know if I am buying into TT being infuriated that DT was smoking pot. Still undecided. IDK, I think mom was the major influence on her boys. DT had both mom and TT influencing him to change. I don't think it's that unusual that DT looks like a nice guy to his friends and acquaintances or hid some side of himself -- it's possible he was committed to doing this or some other act of violence and had been. Why was he claiming he didn't like it here, but many months later became a citizen? DT could have become adept at playing whatever role and whenever.... look at those closest to him. Mom is either an extreme narcissist or a sociopath or both.

Oh gosh, ITA about the Mom. There's something scary and devious about that woman.

The thing about DT is that he was just 19 - he would have to be a really cunning sleeper agent to pull off a ruse like that - or, yeah, a sociopath I suppose. TT was overtly radical. He couldn't hide it, or didn't want to hide it. It's weird that the younger, less experienced brother would be the more sophisticated at never revealing his true identity. I mean some of my students here felt like they really KNEW him, not just saw him and waved, or kicked a ball around, but really bonded with him the way college students who live in close quarters will. And no red flags, not even while stoned or drinking. So really I guess the facts are just that: he was capable of violence, he could kill children and smile while doing it and never gave the slightest hint to even those he spent most of his time with, aside from his brother.

However I don't believe that those things came from turning into a radical Muslim - I really think this is just something he had inside him that could as easily have come out if he joined a cult or became a professional hitman or something. I just don't really get the feeling, IMO, that he was actually that religious or a passionate follower of Islam. Maybe he was just happy to unleash casual violence and his brother's personal jihad was the path that opened in front of him, so why not.

It's like in Tales from the Darkside, when they would show the peaceful meadow with the tree and the sweet child's swing -- then highlight it in negative and suddenly it looked evil and terrifying.

Oh gosh, ITA about the Mom. There's something scary and devious about that woman.

The thing about DT is that he was just 19 - he would have to be a really cunning sleeper agent to pull off a ruse like that - or, yeah, a sociopath I suppose. TT was overtly radical. He couldn't hide it, or didn't want to hide it. It's weird that the younger, less experienced brother would be the more sophisticated at never revealing his true identity. I mean some of my students here felt like they really KNEW him, not just saw him and waved, or kicked a ball around, but really bonded with him the way college students who live in close quarters will. And no red flags, not even while stoned or drinking. So really I guess the facts are just that: he was capable of violence, he could kill children and smile while doing it and never gave the slightest hint to even those he spent most of his time with, aside from his brother.

However I don't believe that those things came from turning into a radical Muslim - I really think this is just something he had inside him that could as easily have come out if he joined a cult or became a professional hitman or something. I just don't really get the feeling, IMO, that he was actually that religious or a passionate follower of Islam. Maybe he was just happy to unleash casual violence and his brother's personal jihad was the path that opened in front of him, so why not.

It's like in Tales from the Darkside, when they would show the peaceful meadow with the tree and the sweet child's swing -- then highlight it in negative and suddenly it looked evil and terrifying.

I hear ya! I can't reconcile DK's behavior either... I do wonder if he had a lot of mixed messages going on inside of him. From what I see, he could have become a success story and happy here in the US... but that's not what happened.

The one redeeming aspect: He is sitting or lying in a 10X10 cell without access to his family, friends, TV or computer. He has plenty of time to listen to his own thoughts.
But now he has a legal team so the alone time will get less and less. For a sociable animal like DT, that time alone must have been torture.

And they are not giving him pot. Considering nearly every friend that I heard interviewed mentions his love for pot (after claiming what a nice guy he is), that got to suck.

TT was at the door after the hostage escaped. TT was trying to get DT to go NOW because TT knew the gig was up! Store owner/worker interviewed and said DT just dropped the goods and left when his brother banged on the door!
Well at least he's not a shoplifter! :facepalm:

I hear ya! I can't reconcile DK's behavior either... I do wonder if he had a lot of mixed messages going on inside of him. From what I see, he could have become a success story and happy here in the US... but that's not what happened.

How would he become a sucess story? He reportedly had failing grades. One needs to put in work to become a success story, instead of allegedly dealing and smoking pot.

Wasn't there a female that was taken in for questioning along with two males (friends of DT)?

Yes. Link here.

Two men from a housing complex connected with Boston marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev have been arrested, the police said.

The Associated Press reported Friday that two males and a female were taken into custody for questioning at an off-campus housing complex at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth. Tsarnaev was a student at the school, and police say he may have lived at or been affiliated with that building, according to the Associated Press.

Officer John Indio of the New Bedford police told MassLive.com on Sunday that the three individuals were released. However, law enforcement then went back and arrested the two males.

Indio said he believes the men were friends with Tsarnaev and classmates of his at UMass Dartmouth. A UMass Dartmouth official confirmed that the men had been students in the past. He was unable to provide information about why they left the university or their current status.

Indio said the New Bedford police did not have any information about the nature of the charges, the names of the two men or what connection, if any, they had to the Boston Marathon bombing case.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation referred calls to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, indicating that the charges may have been immigration-related. A spokesman from ICE did not immediately return a call. The two bombing suspects, Tsarnaev and his brother Tamerlan Tsarnaev, were Chechen immigrants.

The news site South Coast Today, the website of the New Bedford Standard-Times, reported that the two men were arrested Saturday afternoon at the Hidden Brook apartment complex in New Bedford by agents wearing FBI and Department of Homeland Security jackets.

UMass Dartmouth reopened on Sunday. The campus had been evacuated on Friday and remained closed on Saturday.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was arrested Friday night after he and his brother allegedly killed an MIT police officer. Tamerlan Tsarnaev was killed in a firefight early Friday morning. A day-long manhunt for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev put much of the Boston area under lockdown.

Sorry ... slightly OT:

from
http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/brea...ed-in-next-48-hours-u-s-congressman-1.1257467

A top-ranking U.S. Democratic congressman says a break in the case of the alleged plot to attack a passenger train connecting Toronto and New York is imminent.

Congressman Brian Higgins, who represents a district in Western New York and is a member of the Committee on Homeland Security, told CTV’s Question Period in an interview that aired Sunday that he believes more information will be revealed in the next 48 hours.

“I suspect over the next 48 (hours) you’ll see good verifiable information about just who was involved, who were they connected with (and) were they acting alone,” Higgins said.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...arnaev-spoke-of-jihad-with-mother-reports-say

In the recorded call, Tamerlan and his mother, Zubeidat Tsarnaeva, reportedly talked about Tamerlan traveling to the Palestinian territories. But the son said he would probably not go there, because he doesn't speak Arabic.

http://world.time.com/2013/04/29/picking-up-the-boston-bomber-trail-in-utamysh-russia/#ixzz2Rt41mngG

Citing its sources in the Russian security services, Novaya Gazeta also reported that Tsarnaev had met multiple times in Dagestan with a suspected Islamist named Mahmud Mansur Nidal, an 18-year-old with mixed Kumyk and Palestinian ancestry. Russian operatives had been watching Nidal for a year as a suspected recruiter for local Islamist groups, according to Novaya Gazeta.

What it does mean however, it means they found some DNA on some pressure cooker.

Really are not a whole lot of options here.
<rsbm>

But, what if the pressure cookers were purchased on X date, and the bombs were assembled someplace other than the apartment, and KRT claimed she had never seen X number of pressure cookers anywhere? How would she then explain her DNA on them?

I find it ironic that the Lord & Taylor's surveillance cameras caught the bombers on video in Boston, then we find out that the bombers' mother is wanted for shoplifting over $1k of merchandise from a Lord & Taylor in a mall outside of Boston. Odd coincidence . . . .
Poetic Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member