Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
ABC NEWS- All will spend week in hospital.

That is such good news! I mean, well, yuck-- who wants to be in the hospital? OTOH: HECK YEAH-- our Wild Boars are out and are gonna take a few weeks to recover. They live! Their folks are likely blessing these next few weeks of observation over the fortnight they have of uncertainty and horror.

*hugs* to you Enelram. I'm guessing both you and I will be biting nails over the next few weeks. Keep our fingers crossed for our Wild Boars.

I hadn’t seen this article from a couple of days ago, it claimed that the coach actually went in after them to look for the boys and a bit more info on coach Ek and at least one of the boys being “stateless people.” (I’m taking Thai Navy Seal’s version as truth right now though)

Thai cave rescue: How the cave nightmare began | PerthNow

That obviously contradicts many other articles stating this was a planned trip and this coach frequently took them on various adventures, to the point that some of the parents thought it was too dangerous and one parent even said they tried to get their child to quit the team over these type of trips.

Video here (from yesterday)
Video experience headlines - BBC News
Thai cave rescue: 'No kid has cave dived like this before'
Ivan Karadzic is a diver with the international rescue team at Tham Luang cave in Chiang Rai province, where 12 boys have been trapped with their coach.

Ivan was stationed near a notoriously difficult stretch of cave about half-way along, and his job was to replace air tanks and help guide the teams through
9h ago

News_Executive on Twitter

Let's not forget a true hero. Former Thai navy seal member, Saman Kunan who lost his life last week whilst he attempted to place oxygen tanks for the benefit of the boys trapped inside the Tham Luang cave in northern Thailand.

DhvWOIDWsAI4plZ.jpg

DhvWOYiXUAU2uRq.jpg

Posted at7:39
The Thai prime minister earlier confirmed reports that the boys had been given medication to prevent them panicking as they were brought out.

Prayut Chan-ocha said that they were not sedated, as some reports suggested, but given anti-anxiety medication similar to that taken by him and other soldiers.

“When we take this, we can be more focused and increase the chance of sharp shooting,” he said
More rescues from Thai cave

Sounds like a beta blocker, like propranolol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600