Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
4 members of Thai soccer team freed from flooded cave, governor says

Rescuers in northern Thailand on Sunday extracted four members of a youth soccer team from the cave where they had been trapped for more than two weeks, part of an ongoing operation to rescue the 12 boys and their coach, officials said.

Rescue of 12 boys and coach going 'better than expected'

decicca-3890-jpg.jpg

Four rescued from Thai cave in risky operation; nine remain inside

XFZ2YJXRUBOFFE7FLR537RZXTQ.jpg

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the Daily Mail the first boy out was Monhkhol Boonpiam, 13, known as Mark.
The second boy was Prajak Sutham, known as Note.
Number three was Nattawoot Thakamsai, a 14-year-old asthma sufferer whose parents have already lost a baby daughter to cancer.
Lastly came Pipat Bodhu, 15, aka Nick, who was not even in the team but came along as a friend of the goalkeeper.

Ekkapol Chantawong, 25, coach
Duangphet Promthep, 12
Somphong Jaiwong, 13
Mongkol Boonpium, 13 aka Mark
Chanin Wiboonroongrueng, 11
Phornchid Kamluang, 16
Prachuck Sutham, 14; aka Note
Peerapat Sompiengjai, 16
Ekkarat Wongsookchan, 14
Panumart Saengdee, age unknown
Pipat Phothai, 15 aka Nick
Nattawoot Thakamsai, 14

Adul Samon, 14

Alive! Four Thai boys who made it out of cave in daring rescue are identified | Daily Mail Online

Live: Thai cave rescue underway - CNN

Four more members of the youth soccer team trapped in a flooded Thailand cave have been rescued, Thai Navy SEALs confirmed on Monday.

Now, eight of the 12 boys have been removed from the cave after over two weeks. Four remain trapped, along with their coach.
4 More Boys Rescued from Thailand Cave as Second Day of Rescue Operation Comes to Close

Divers Rescue Four More Boys From Thai Cave, Bringing Total to Eight

Cave rescue paused as eighth boy saved

Please continue here...

Also, I had a thought. Maybe officials aren't confirming when the coach will be brought out because they want to bring him out in secret. They might be worried about the controversy. Not so much with the forgiving Thai people, but with the rest of the people that put the blame on him.

The coach may be out. If so, I can understand not publicizing it, given so much unfortunate judgement and criticism.

My reason for thinking maybe the coach was one of the first four rescued is because the New York Times backtracked on their original reporting of the first four boys out:

4 Team Members Are Out of Thailand Cave, With 9 to Go
An earlier version of this article reported that the boys’ coach was one of the four rescued from the cave on Sunday. The identity of those rescued, however, has not been confirmed, and we are not certain the coach is out of the cave.

Today, 7/9, NYT is referring to the rescued as “people” and “members” and “survivors”. No names provided, and not calling them "boys".
Thai Cave Rescue Live Updates: 8th Person Is Out
On Monday, a day after the first four people were guided to freedom along a torturous underwater course, four more team members were rescued.
Here are the latest developments.
• Eight people are now out of the cave complex. The latest four extracted were taken to the hospital.
[…]
Officials have declined to identify any of the people who have been rescued or those who remain in the cave.

Obviously getting everyone out safe - including all the divers and peeps inside the cave is most important- that being said... if they filmed the journey, I would watch in a heartbeat.

I hope everyone over there has/had a restful night of sleep <3

Last edited:
Im so thankful the really bad rains have not hit yet. This could have gotten so much worse had the torrential rains took hold.

Seeing how fast the current of the water was inside the cave was a scary sight. Its hard enough to try to dive inside small passages. Add a fast moving current to the mix and then its even worse.

Even if the water current goes in right direction it would be very bad if a fast current. It would make your body move faster than you want to go which could cause all kinds of problems. Scrapes, Cuts, getting wedged by the current are all very possible if current is too fast.

So much about this story is a miracle in the works. The holding off of the torrential rains is one of those miracles.

I'm so glad DH is working tonight. Otherwise I'd be getting a lot of sighs and dirty looks. I haven't been a very good wife lately. He doesn't like having to compete with the boys for my attention.
You can just really make it up to him good later, IYKWIM. Wink wink nudge nudge lol

Last edited:
LIAM COCHRANE (4 hours ago)
@liam_cockrane

One interesting thing, Narongsak Osotthanakorn said all boys we’re conscious today, implying at least one of the boys rescued yesterday were not. #ThaiCaveRescue #Thailand

8:01 AM - 9 Jul 2018

...wonder if he was so from the start, (medically induced or otherwise) or became so during?

According to the Daily Mail the first boy out was Monhkhol Boonpiam, 13, known as Mark.
The second boy was Prajak Sutham, known as Note.
Number three was Nattawoot Thakamsai, a 14-year-old asthma sufferer whose parents have already lost a baby daughter to cancer.
Lastly came Pipat Bodhu, 15, aka Nick, who was not even in the team but came along as a friend of the goalkeeper.

Ekkapol Chantawong, 25, coach
Duangphet Promthep, 12
Somphong Jaiwong, 13
Mongkol Boonpium, 13 aka Mark
Chanin Wiboonroongrueng, 11
Phornchid Kamluang, 16
Prachuck Sutham, 14; aka Note
Peerapat Sompiengjai, 16
Ekkarat Wongsookchan, 14
Panumart Saengdee, age unknown
Pipat Phothai, 15 aka Nick
Nattawoot Thakamsai, 14

Adul Samon, 14

Alive! Four Thai boys who made it out of cave in daring rescue are identified | Daily Mail Online

I hate that some media sources are identifying the rescued boys by name. Especially if the rescue teams haven't officially confirmed their rescue to the family.

O/T...
In other parts of the world, south-western Japan had as much as 10cm per hour of rain, the highest in decades, the meteorological agency said. Almost 2 million people were still subject to evacuation orders on Monday.

The number of people who have died in floods and landslides triggered by “historic” levels of torrential rain in Japan has climbed to 122, with dozens of others still missing.
Japan: death toll climbs to 122 after 'historic' rain and landslides

Thinking back, I've experienced measurable snow storms during late May. Theoretically, flash flood at cave could have occurred during any month...

Last edited:
I hate that some media sources are identifying the rescued boys by name. Especially if the rescue teams haven't officially confirmed their rescue to the family.

Apparently the information about yesterdays boys came from a Facebook group that the parents themselves have set up. So they are being told but for whatever reason have been asked to keep schtum today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix