The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to somehow object paying the legal aid money to murderers? It is appalling that the GBC'si legal team is going to appeal. I was thinking, if that flow of money stopped, GBC would be left on his own.

Did Allison's family get legal aid???

Morning all, I'm a bit unsure about the multiple threads at the moment, so I don't know if this is the right thread to post this information,
but was wondering if you've seen this document:

http://archive.sclqld.org.au/qjudgment/2014/QSC14-156.pdf

This document could only be released post verdict.

It seems Allison was most likely violently assaulted, but the DT applied to have the Prosecution's use of this evidence restricted/limited at trial.
Doc Watson may be able to interpret further as these are Dr Milne's findings.
Congratulations to the Jury for reaching a GUILTY verdict without having access to all this information. :clap:
My opinion only.

Interesting. Some one is lying.... However, I was once witness to a kleptomaniac (I was 17 and at Govt Boarding school) and what I saw astounded me esp at such a young age. For my 17th birthday my parents bought me a make up set. The kleptomaniac stole it. When confronted the girl sobbed and cried and said that her parents had been that day and had given it to her. The authorities checked the records and her parents had not been (not even to the city). She was convinced they had. It was my first encounter with a compulsive liar and fascinated me but it was really sad. Maybe, and I say maybe that is what he is....a compulsive liar ! It would explain a lot.

Zim I know what you're saying. I don't know what the condition is called but I've met a few bare faced liars. I'm sure they'd pass a polygraph test because they believe themselves.

"You can lock up from a thief but you can't a liar"
My darling dad's favourite saying.

Gerard Baden-Clay’s former mistress paid six-figure sum for 60 Minutes interview

July 17, 2014 12:00AM

TONI McHugh has returned to the real estate industry under a new name and is rumoured to have accepted a six-figure sum for a tell-all television interview.

The woman who was Gerard Baden-Clay’s mistress for more than three years is trying to move on with her life as rumours abound she was paid up to $200,000 for an exclusive interview with 60 Minutes.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...inutes-interview/story-fnihsrf2-1226991485168

Haven't her boys been through enough? Just go away with a unmarried man.

I have a legal type question.

If GBC's legal team go for an appeal, is any of the previously unreleased evidence going to have any sway to keep GBC where he belongs ?

It seems to me that disallowed evidence paints a far fuller and darker picture of who GBC really is, and the cruelty Allison endured at his hands - definitely NOT a loving and supportive husband.

I saw the police saying they had footage of the Captiva on the roundabout but couldn't 100% confirm the vehicle because the footage was too grainy to get the number plate.
It's was not a similar Captiva from Brookfield.

Police followed a number of leads - including grainy CCTV footage from the night of Allison's disappearance which may have shown her car at a roundabout near in Brisbane's west, and evidence which pointed to more than one person being near Kholo Creek, where her body was eventually discovered on April 30, 2012.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nfession-Gerard-Baden-Clay.html#ixzz37fU3koFd
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

With all due respect Doc:

Trial docs, even the media can't "beat" these docs up....

http://archive.sclqld.org.au/qjudgment/2014/QSC14-156.pdf

Yup - indeed they can. The language and wording in the docs themselves is very dry, factual, formal stuff. What the media have done is interpret what they think is something significant and beat it up into something they think is newsworthy - which it really isn't. That's what I would call a beat up...

But the point is that those POSSIBLE findings were very subtle - it was just Milne being his usual thorough self and leaving no stone unturned. The defence just didn't happen to like those particular stones!

That Court document you linked to is just Judge Applegarth being very precise in what bits Milne could use in testimony to the trial itself. The full autopsy report has been available since the second bail hearing or thereabouts, and many people already have it - including on here (and me) so we knew all this stuff. But because it included several "could not be excluded" phrases, the defence or the prosecution MAY have been able to lead that in evidence then just leave it hanging - as they do. You know the scenario: "Dr Milne, can you 100% rule out blunt force trauma to the head?" "No, not 100% I can't". "Thank you, Your Honour"

Because those findings were so subtle, and couldn't be confirmed, Applegarth ordered that they couldn't be referred to in the trial, precisely to avoid that type of insinuation by one of the lawyers.

But it's not really dramatic stuff - except for selling newspapers. None of those findings could be confirmed, none was major, and I personally doubt they had anything to do with the cause of death. But you have to remember that the jury would not - should not - have seen the autopsy report, so Judge Applegarth didn't want them being led to conclusions implied by lawyers based on findings which were not really all that significant.

And the chip on the tooth, by the way, was "mesio-incisal" - which means it wasn't on the front or top of the tooth - it was on the SIDE of the tooth facing the tooth next to it. Not the sort of chip you'd expect from a blow to the mouth. But possibly one which MAY be caused by contact with, say, his wedding ring, if he had that hand over her mouth.

Kimster, the only way that religion relates to the trial IMO is that Olivia and Pastor Ian Walton were passing the hat around their congregation for bail money from memory. Oh, and at the trial Nigel B-C corrected the judge's pronunciation of his son's name, first up, saying "We christened him Gerard". It is a righteousness that they project coupled with their Church connections. All pretty stock standard stuff.

The Waltons were definitely not 'passing the hat around' to their local congregation. I believe a letter was sent to some of their friends asking for donations. That certainly wasn't done as a blanket letter to the local congregation. They had a long standing association with Ashgrove Baptist prior to coming to Townsville. A number of cashed up people from there were approached- possibly who had supported I and O at other times. MOO.

Gerard Baden-Clay’s former mistress paid six-figure sum for 60 Minutes interview

TONI McHugh has returned to the real estate industry under a new name and is rumoured to have accepted a six-figure sum for a tell-all television interview.

The woman who was Gerard Baden-Clay’s mistress for more than three years is trying to move on with her life as rumours abound she was paid up to $200,000 for an exclusive interview with 60 Minutes.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...inutes-interview/story-fnihsrf2-1226991485168

The Courier-Mail stopped short of revealing her new name, but all it would take would be for someone to cut and paste bits of her quoted "profile" into google, and very quickly arrive at the real estate agency website it came from.

What's the bet that pretty soon, she will have to change her name AGAIN? :facepalm:

Seven’s Sunday Night program will reveal a letter written by Allison, and not tendered to court, which shows the extent of the personal torment she felt over McHugh’s affair with her husband and the cruel impact it had on her confidence and sense of self.
Just as those incriminating scratchings on Gerard’s face marked him as her killer, Allison left detailed diaries and correspondence condemning the man who would murder her in a bid to free himself of their inconvenient marriage.

http://www.news.com.au/national/wil...or-his-dead-wife/story-fncynjr2-1226991542322

If this is the case, then this will explain exactly why she did the interview..With her life in tatters, leaving her husband for a man who is now in jail for murder, she probably agreed to let her ex husband have more access with her kids when she split with him, so she could have more time with Gerard, remember he told her for years he would leave his wife for her. Now she is known to the world as the "mistress who drove her lover to murdering his wife".. Whether this is actually the case or not, this is how she is now known....

Im not sure she will get to stay in the Real Estate game now, who would want to list their house with her??? Would any of you?? I most certainly would not.. How could you trust her to have the keys to valuable assets when she is a proven deceitful person...She will need every cent of that $200k, she does not own her own house, is without a husband, her lover is in the slammer and she has publicly humiliated herself and her children....

I actually think it is the only smart thing she has done for herself , seeing everyone already knows who she is and has a bad opinion of her...She looks like she has put on a lot of weight in the last 2 years ( sign of depression according to Olivia Baden Clay regarding her sister in law Allison) She looks quite unstable to be still so emotional about a relationship that broke up over 2 years ago...

I do not feel sorry for her though, she seems to be sobbing for her own losses and so far I have yet to see her devastated for Allison, Allison's family or her 3 girls......

She would of lost a lot of good friends when she first left her husband, as well as damaged her relationship with her kids, any friends she has made in the last 2 years, will mostly drop off after this week, and she will be left contemplating her life and how will she trust anyone again..

But, this is her own doing and she has put herself in this position.. You know what they say...

If you lay down with dogs, you wake up with fleas.....

Gerard Baden-Clay a controlling husband who demeaned wife Allison
GERARD Baden-Clay was a controlling husband who repeatedly used cruel words to demean his wife and prevented her from seeing her friends.
The former real estate agent – and now convicted murderer – described Allison throughout his six-week trial as a woman so gripped by depression that she seldom left the house.
But those closest to Allison say it was Gerard who kept her from her friends, denigrating her and leaving a once vivacious woman with self-confidence issues.
They said it was difficult to know what to say when Allison told them stories of how she was treated by her husband.
“She put up with enough from him without having us lecture her,’’ one said.

http://www.news.com.au/national/ger...ned-wife-allison/story-e6frfkp9-1226991524312

I think her decision to go public is ill considered, it looks like she's looking or sympathy for herself, and in doing so, she has refreshed everyones memory as to who she is - I think she can kiss her employment future goodbye.

Gerard will need to find another scapegoat in prison to project his feelings of inadequacy upon, or he may be left to face them which would of course be intolerable.

What a .

It's interesting (but not surprising) that GBC showed absolutely no genuine emotion when Allison was missing, no genuine emotion when her body was found, but when he's found guilty he shows the first genuine emotion we've seen - shaking violently, struggling to breathe, sobbing. Unbelievable. The jury didn't fall for it hook line and sinker - and he's very used to successfully manipulating people. He couldn't believe it. He thought he was about to go home and file his application to have Allison's estate unfrozen.

I agree with the idea that he knows full well he's done it - but he believes he was justified in doing so. All of us mere mortals "just don't understand". In his mind, he is the victim here. I believe he believes this 100%.

What do you expect from the media?

Oh you are talking about TM :laughing:

Last time I checked she didn't kill anyone or cheat on her partner.
The media is the real grub in this story.
I was talking about both. The media and her.

There is a fundraising site up now on Channel 9... See below
#badenclay #today9

It can also be found on facebook

If everyone shares it around, and if everyone just contributes something, even if it is only $2, it will add up and make a huge difference....

This is a key piece of evidence which we can now see for ourselves....

Someone can not hide their true emotions.

A person will react the same way emotionally to any stressful ( top 5 are classed as Death, divorce, losing house, losing job, major illness)

Look at the video of when his wife was missing, for a week at this stage ( outside his parents house)

Then the way he reacted to being found guilty, shaking violently, unable to breathe, sobbing uncontrollably ????

I think even a DUMB load of BC'c can work out the difference!!!!!!!

I hope his family actually do the right thing and stop coddling his lies and deceit, the best they could do at this point is admit their son has a serious illness or something and apologise to the Dickies, the people, and go away and try to live the rest of their lives in a modest manner...

No one gives a crap about being a "BWANA" here in Queensland, go back to Zimbabwe if you want to beknown as " BOSS MAN" and have slaves.

and for the record, I have a new found respect for professional ACTORS, it really must be harder than it looks as even the great GBC couldnt do it to save his skin!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998