The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the biggest problems in the world ( maybe slight over exaggeration ) is that a lot of people are just sooooo selfish. It's all about ME attitude!!!

I see it all the time working in emergency............."I was here before that person & why haven't I been seen yet with my runny nose, cough, sore leg that I've had for months etc !! " No compassion or understanding for anyone else.

I've even had patients, who have come to us while we are resuscitating another patient ( yep walked into the resus bay ) to complain about not being seen yet......when explained that we are trying to save someones life........they still don't get it!

The world would be a better place if people weren't so selfish & self centered!!

bbm That is seriously scary!!:facepalm:

I too believe his parents have alot to answer for.

Always a contentious subject, as people love to say someone was 'born evil' or 'wired wrong', but I believe that nurture plays a HUGE role in the personality of the adult.

You can usually see the patterns played out in the family system as a whole. In my experience, adults who lack empathy and live lives of deceit did not grow up in homes that were emotionally healthy. They typically grow up in an emotional vacuum - no real depth of emotion in the home, alot of pretence, layers of lies, a focus on the externals in life rather than reflecting on the internal........the list could go on and on!

But that doesn't excuse anything that the adult then chooses to do. I don't see 'nurture' as a cop out or an excuse. More an explanation of how someone got to where they did.

We always have choice - at any point in our life. We're always free to break the family patterns......but it takes a lot of courage to take that path.

And courage is one thing - amongst many noble qualities - that GBC is lacking!!! He just stuck blindly to the script.:facepalm:

Isis, I'm starting to suspect you're my sister!! Lol

Don't worry mods, I'm not sleuthing Isis!

You know, one of the biggest issues with the training of psychologists IMO is that they aren't required to undergo their own therapy. In the more 'alternative' therapeutic modalities, such as Gestalt or Jungian, to qualify as a therapist you have to have done a substantial amount of hours of your own therapy.

It's SO important - otherwise you play out your issues all over the place, unconsciously. And then someone like this young woman, crosses the boundary BIG TIME!!! She was obviously in the WRONG job!!!

Sadly, alot of TV shows make forensic psych work look glamourous and when I was studying Clinical Psychology, I was amazed how many really young women, with very little life experience, were doing Forensic Psych. I was worried for them. She reminds me of those women.

You can't truly help anyone if you haven't sorted some of your own stuff out IMO.

And yep, they'd be rich pickings for slimy Gerry :facepalm:

I was in court the day GBC was under cross-examination by TF. I posted about this at the time but for me it remains one of the most telling moments -- I am absolutely convinced he came very close to slipping-up when distinguishing between when he knew a body had been found and when he knew for sure it was Allison's body. He said he "knew a body had been found and it was at ..." but seemed to quickly back track to add "was at that meeting" (where he was when told the body had been found). For a fleeting moment I truly thought he was going to say "it was at Kohlo Creek" so of course it was Allison. The jury got to see and hear all these nuances that aren't revealed in the written transcripts.
If ONLY!! Urgh!

Gerard Baden-Clay wept and trembled as the mother of his murdered wife told him exactly what he'd stolen from his three young daughters.

The 43-year-old showed little emotion in the Brisbane Supreme Court as he was convicted of murdering his wife Allison in April 2012.

But his composure crumbled when Allison's mother seized her moment to tell him just what he'd taken from his own children.

On ya Mrs Dickie. It takes a woman to do a man's job. :whip2:

:grouphug:
:grouphug:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/24469827/secrets-from-within-the-broken-baden-clay-marriage/

Where was the weeping and shaking when he was told his wife was dead and under a bridge? When he realized his girls were motherless? Oh wait that would mean feeling for someone other than himself.......nah that panic attack and body trembling were purely at the realization that HE was done for.

I too believe his parents have alot to answer for.

Always a contentious subject, as people love to say someone was 'born evil' or 'wired wrong', but I believe that nurture plays a HUGE role in the personality of the adult.

You can usually see the patterns played out in the family system as a whole. In my experience, adults who lack empathy and live lives of deceit did not grow up in homes that were emotionally healthy. They typically grow up in an emotional vacuum - no real depth of emotion in the home, alot of pretence, layers of lies, a focus on the externals in life rather than reflecting on the internal........the list could go on and on!

But that doesn't excuse anything that the adult then chooses to do. I don't see 'nurture' as a cop out or an excuse. More an explanation of how someone got to where they did.

We always have choice - at any point in our life. We're always free to break the family patterns......but it takes a lot of courage to take that path.

And courage is one thing - amongst many noble qualities - that GBC is lacking!!! He just stuck blindly to the script.:facepalm:

I agree with you. I don't know the family but I do get the sense from several things done that for them they associate who they are as people with their social status. That being seen as successful in business and in the community is very important to them. I think for Gerard he was raised to believe that and he would have felt he needed to have visible success to make his family proud.

I think he would have been attracted to Allison because she was so successful in life when they met and that's what he wanted. He would have felt she would reflect well upon him and measure up to the status he wanted to achieve. I'm not sure why her success waned whether it was because of working less re kids or if because he became jealous eventually and felt competitive to her success and tried to suppress it. If it was to do with the kids and he wasn't jealous perhaps he felt the shine came off her when she wasn't so largely successful any more and such a high flyer.

If the women met, things exploded and it was revealed to others he was an adulterer who was seeking sex through web sites that would have crushed the family man image. Yes he told people about the affair the first time around but that's because I think he knew it would come out either way so best to do it himself when cornered like that. That way he could spin the story that suited him, like the claims he loved Toni, which were meant to make the affair seem less sordid. Same as how he called police so soon when Allison died, he was eager to seem the good guy with nothing to hide by raising it himself and getting a chance to spin the story because here again sooner or later people would find out she was missing so no hiding it.

Similarly being a failure in business where he had to file bankruptcy would have shattered his business man image. If you file bankruptcy i think you have to mark that, mention it, affects your credit rating, ability for loans, etc. embarrassing for him with his value on status. He should have just wrapped up the business and let it go, go work for someone else and turn the money situation around but no... He was in debt too much, a normal job would take forever to pay it back plus a house (if he bought one) and he would have shown failure by having to close the business. He wanted to be his own boss I reckon too. More status.

So I can see how his world was collapsing and he obviously could not handle it. It's terrible that Allison paid the price for his issues. Ironically accepting a divorce and bankruptcy would have been far less damaging on his social status and reputation than murder. I think jail is one punishment, but another is he'd be feeling very shattered about where his reputation is at now.

It's all a very sad set of circumstances.

For those who thought GBC was going to get a not guilty verdict - why did you think that and are you relieved you were wrong?

Been looking around this site and there is a lot of passionate people who are there to support Allison and her family.

I half expected a not-guilty verdict.

I thought the depression related suicide was a somewhat plausible narrative.

That night Allison had heard that the affair that she thought was over was in fact still ongoing. And she would be encountering the mistress at a real estate convention the next morning. This would have been soul-destroying for anyone especially a woman who had been lied to previously.

Alison's body toxicology report showed anti-depressants at 12 times the level of normal anti-depressant levels. These results can be unreliable though due to decomposition.

Alison was found in her walking clothes and shoes and in a location further on from her normal walking route. I find this a detail that supports the notion that she left the house voluntarily, however nothing would of stopped Gerard changing her clothes after death - but there was no forensic evidence to suggest that.

The prosecution suggested that Allison was murdered on the property, but no blood or evidence of a murder was found. Yet there was blood in the vehicle.

Gerard and the vehicle could not be placed at where the body was dumped. Gerard could not be placed at the scene of the murder. There were no forensic evidence on clothing or shoes. No footprints, no tyre tracks have ever been identified.

In the end Gerard murdered his wife but I was not as convinced there would be a conviction as many others were expecting.

I'd like to know if it's normal for a newly convicted prisoner to be able to have visits 2 days in a row from family ?
GBC parents visited yesterday afternoon and as reported also today. If this is not normal then why is GBC being given special treatment ?
As far as I am concerned, even though the case is 'high profile' he should be treated exactly the same as any other prisoner. Has his friend Mr Flegg pulled some strings for the senior BC's ?

Alioop do you know if this is normal ?

Apologies for quoting myself but does anybody know if this is normal procedure - for both days following a conviction the prisoner has been allowed family to visit.

Is this normal procedure ? And if not why are the BC family an exception ?

First, I know the Bible and it's not in there. If you can find it, contact me privately and we can discuss. (This is my personal opinion and not that of Websleuths).

Second, we're not supposed to get into a religious discussion here. The owners really frown on it.

Third, the topic is off topic. I don't remember religion being part of the trial? If it was, we can discuss it with a solid link source.
I was replying to someone else....I never brought it up but thought that whene they are saying something that is not in the bible I would correct it. You have just confirmed exactly what I had said. I AM CONFUSED

Where was the weeping and shaking when he was told his wife was dead and under a bridge? When he realized his girls were motherless? Oh wait that would mean feeling for someone other than himself.......nah that panic attack and body trembling were purely at the realization that HE was done for.
Yeps, call it divine intervention, karma or whatever you like but for someone who did not believe in depression, anxiety or panic attacks to react in such a way in court...maybe he just had an epiphany !!

You know, one of the biggest issues with the training of psychologists IMO is that they aren't required to undergo their own therapy. In the more 'alternative' therapeutic modalities, such as Gestalt or Jungian, to qualify as a therapist you have to have done a substantial amount of hours of your own therapy.

It's SO important - otherwise you play out your issues all over the place, unconsciously. And then someone like this young woman, crosses the boundary BIG TIME!!! She was obviously in the WRONG job!!!

Sadly, alot of TV shows make forensic psych work look glamourous and when I was studying Clinical Psychology, I was amazed how many really young women, with very little life experience, were doing Forensic Psych. I was worried for them. She reminds me of those women.

You can't truly help anyone if you haven't sorted some of your own stuff out IMO.

And yep, they'd be rich pickings for slimy Gerry :facepalm:

Expertly said and so very true. The stories I could tell.

I was in court the day GBC was under cross-examination by TF. I posted about this at the time but for me it remains one of the most telling moments -- I am absolutely convinced he came very close to slipping-up when distinguishing between when he knew a body had been found and when he knew for sure it was Allison's body. He said he "knew a body had been found and it was at ..." but seemed to quickly back track to add "was at that meeting" (where he was when told the body had been found). For a fleeting moment I truly thought he was going to say "it was at Kohlo Creek" so of course it was Allison. The jury got to see and hear all these nuances that aren't revealed in the written transcripts.

Thankyou for that post, not only is it very well written and informative but it gives an insight to what the difference is to actually BEING there and hearing what the jury SAW, words on paper are never conveyed the same as seeing them spoken first hand.

and well done for resisting from expressing what you would of been feeling, I had to give myself a Time Out today off here as I was getting so worked up after hearing the appeal and the coward wont be present in court for the appeal, that I had to go for a 6km run to expel bad energy... And trust me, that is hard for me to do, and I forgot my ice cream money for on the way home too so I was sugar deprived, sweaty as well as P'eed off :)

Hopefully someone in that Jail who is in there for the real "life" sentence will sort him prior as I really dont want the poor Dickies to suffer anymore... I hope "BWANA" fecks off back to Zimbabwee and I hope someone scones his wife in the head with a granny smith, I also hope Olive-e-a, finds out her husband has filed for divorce and they all grow long noses.

Sorry, just had to vent, before anyone tells me this is a bit wrong to say, can I just get it out there, that I know it is, but I cant help it, you see "IM a little bit hurt but I will be ok" Just off now to have a bit of a vomit and I will be back as "everything is going to be OK" someone tell me how to get that picture f the little round man spewing into the toilet for gods sake !!!!! Im off like a prawn milkshake...Goodnight Sleuthers, only you understand my rant.....

OK, I'll find some of those spitfire, wooly grub things just for you!

'Spitfire, wooly grub things' is that a technical terminology?

ah seriously those spitfire suckers are painful little mongrels.

I believe that an appeal carries a risk - his sentence may be INCREASED.
I hope so..we all know that he would appeal. MAYBE the judge did too...hence the minimum parole period
.....hence when he appeals the judge can give increase the minimum parole period.....

:welcome: FormerDet

Been looking around this site and there is a lot of passionate people who are there to support Allison and her family.

I half expected a not-guilty verdict.

I thought the depression related suicide was a somewhat plausible narrative.

That night Allison had heard that the affair that she thought was over was in fact still ongoing. And she would be encountering the mistress at a real estate convention the next morning. This would have been soul-destroying for anyone especially a woman who had been lied to previously.

Alison's body toxicology report showed anti-depressants at 12 times the level of normal anti-depressant levels. These results can be unreliable though due to decomposition.

Alison was found in her walking clothes and shoes and in a location further on from her normal walking route. I find this a detail that supports the notion that she left the house voluntarily, however nothing would of stopped Gerard changing her clothes after death - but there was no forensic evidence to suggest that.

The prosecution suggested that Allison was murdered on the property, but no blood or evidence of a murder was found. Yet there was blood in the vehicle.

Gerard and the vehicle could not be placed at where the body was dumped. Gerard could not be placed at the scene of the murder. There were no forensic evidence on clothing or shoes. No footprints, no tyre tracks have ever been identified.

In the end Gerard murdered his wife but I was not as convinced there would be a conviction as many others were expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes