The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Mumma Bear. I have once had to make a statement to police, as did three of my children. All were full of spelling and grammar mistakes .... and at times the mistakes made the intentions of parts of the statements ambiguous. Solicitors are just as bad, or worse. I get sick of putting pink circles around all the spelling mistakes and typos (teacher habit) in every piece of correspondence I have had from solicitors ... and barristers even. They should employ better admin staff (older, probably .... because back in the day good spelling was a requirement of such a job). I have also worked for medical doctors, and engineers who were terrible spellers.
Hi Mumma Bear

From my experience hand written by the police officer as you speak...

Spelling probably not the priority, the officer/s usually focused on helping you to relax and focus at the time, but I entirely get what you're saying.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...man-narcissist-and-killer-20140719-zuw3w.html

Gerard Baden-Clay, consummate salesman, narcissist and killer

Gerard Baden-Clay was the consummate salesman. And his favourite product was Gerard Baden-Clay: successful businessman, loving husband, doting father, community leader.

In reality Baden-Clay had had numerous lovers, was unhappy in his marriage and his business was failing. The Brisbane real estate agent’s secret life would spiral out of control when he received a call from his lover and former employee Toni McHugh on April 19, 2012.

Read more at link above...

From the link in the above post....
Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-and-killer-20140719-zuw3w.html#ixzz37vOAz8TS

The affair began in Baden-Clay’s real-estate office in 2008 and continued, on and off, for three years. By her own admission, Ms McHugh “lost it” during the April 19 phone call, demanding Baden-Clay tell his wife of the impending run-in.
But their conversation was cut short when Baden-Clay arrived at his parents' Kenmore house and was greeted at the car by his three young daughters.

my bold...
Hadn't seen that before...

Mr Broom also spoke of Baden-Clay’s controlling nature. “As a family they use field signals. Field signals are sign gestures that Gerard uses with his children. Gerard told me that he touches the girls on the leg and that means that it’s adult talking time and that they were not to interrupt,” he said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-and-killer-20140719-zuw3w.html#ixzz37vRRfeUR

wasn't this something that was discussed further back in the thread - or was this what the discussion actually came about from.

One thing I hold out for - though it may take some time - and lets hope its in the next 15 years...
Forensic science and technology will be able to go back and look at the evidence of this crime and there will be no doubts.

That's what I've been thinking too Figtree. Who knows what advances they'll develop in that time? There's always something new!

Gerard Baden-Clay stood to gain $600,000 from media deal if he was acquitted of murdering wife Allison

July 20, 2014 12:00AM

GERARD Baden-Clay was wheeling and dealing behind bars to gain up to $2 million if he’d been acquitted of murdering his wife Allison.

The day before the remorseless killer was found guilty, he bragged to prison guards he would soon be a free man – and a wealthy one too.

Baden-Clay would have walked out to a media deal of at least $600,000, negotiated by his family as he awaited trial.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226994719127

Omg, this man is sick. Speechless and disgusted. All about making a quick buck is it? I guess we know why all the tears when convicted then, right?

I honestly don't think he can get any worse.

BTW, just letting you know, initial reports of "Get together' held tonight can be found in The Jury room here

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?250131-Allison-Baden-Clay-Get-Together&p=10763409&posted=1#post10763409

Don't discuss here just go to the Jury Room.

Just reposting this in case anyone missed it yesterday. The Allison Baden-Clay Get Together thread in the Jury Room will be an ongoing Thread for advice of future get togethers, including any public events at Brookfield Showgrounds. As previously mentioned it is worth reading Kimsters post on Page 1 of the Thread re anonymity if you are considering attending a get together.

$1,000,000 from Allison's insurance
$ 600,000 from interview
$ 400,000 from sale of investment property

The Baden-Clay family had mortgaged at least one property to fund his trial.

no wonder Elaine walked out if it was her house mortgaged.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226994719127

Sorry I didn't state my case seriously before, but the load of financial burden has further widened than just a few friends and a couple of thousand from the family.
I am then assuming that the rate of pay that the family had made a deal with the networks would help with what has been spent, and what is at stake.
The money GBC thought he would gain if he won the trial, was something on his mind.
The day before the remorseless killer was found guilty, he bragged to prison guards he would soon be a free man – and a wealthy one too.

ETA: I have thought a little further regarding this money that would have come to GBC if the verdict had been Not Guilty - and I wonder how much did this affect GBC decision to get up on the stand and proclaim his innocence.
This 'Deal' - this Offer of Money' - It is like dangling carrots in front of a starving rabbit. A rabbit with a carrot addiction.
One of the motives regarding this whole trial was underlined as being money.
He had then as much motive to lie about 'not killing Allison' to get out innocnet.
There was no remorse, because he had to look, think, and feel innocent to get the gains on the other side of the verdict.

I don't know what that says - its something I find all tangled and indecent.
Does making deals like that, prior to a Jury verdict, with so much money at stake, depending on the verdict of innocence (in this case) - does the money deter the course of justice?
What if he wanted to admit guilt in a case like that - or admit guilt for a reduced sentence or say what really happened...(not that he would have) there would be no carrot at the end of that path.
Hope you can you see what I mean?
Hope I'm making sense here.

I found this fascinating. Many gems in there regarding the business and the infidelity, and one that stuck out to me "There are good kids and there are quiet kids and there are obedient servant type kids which is what Gerard's girls are like. I noticed ...... the girls to be abnormally quiet".

Those poor darling girls, probably scared of him and/or withdrawn from the high level of control exerted on an ongoing basis.

Omg, this man is sick. Speechless and disgusted. All about making a quick buck is it? I guess we know why all the tears when convicted then, right?

I honestly don't think he can get any worse.

Ah, so that's why EBC ran out of the courtroom in tears. No $600,000! It's a wonder OW didn't vomit and pee her pants. Disgusting creatures, the lot of them!

$1,000,000 from Allison's insurance
$ 600,000 from interview
$ 400,000 from sale of investment property

The Baden-Clay family had mortgaged at least one property to fund his trial.

no wonder Elaine walked out if it was her house mortgaged.

This is a lesson is ascribing meaning to other's behaviours without knowing the whole story. We assumed that EBC was distressed at the verdict because her son was guilty of murder and would spend life in prison, but now it emerges that maybe her house was mortgaged. So her crying takes on another meaning. We can safely assume this was also the reason NBC slumped in his chair.
Similarly, we assumed that GBC was aghast, struggled to breathe and cried because he was found guilty and faced a life in jail. We assumed that he reacted to the victim impact statements. But now it emerges that he was crying for himself because he wouldn't be a free man and he wouldn't be wealthy as he had earlier stated. In the event that GBC was found not guilty, they had pre-planned to exploit Allison's murder and GBC's wrongful arrest by making $600,000 from the media in addition to $1,000,000 from Allison's Insurance/Superannuation and $440,000 from the sale of Allison and Ashley's house on the Gold Coast.

Morally bankrupt is a concept which comes to mind.

Ah, so that's why EBC ran out of the courtroom in tears. No $600,000! It's a wonder OW didn't vomit and pee her pants. Disgusting creatures, the lot of them!

It now makes me look at the BC family demeanour in court in a different light. They all knew about this $600,000 and actually believed he was going to be found innocent, and they would all walk away and celebrate. This explains why they seemed quite relaxed, went shopping etc. This was to them a process that was going to reap them lots of money - a money-making venture in fact! What a shock it all must have been, and possibly more shocks to come if it's true there was another person involved who the police are planning to nail next!

Speaking of dangling carrots, I'm fully expecting one of the BC's to surrender to temptation and take a big juicy bite out of said carrot in the form of a highly paid TV interview. One of them will lower themselves even further into the sticky clay of greed and the despicable profiteering from Allison's death. I say bring it on, let everyone see just what they are really like! I'm tipping OW will be first cab off the rank. Can you just imagine it! :floorlaugh: Pass that lady some toilet paper to wipe her chin.

Oh, and I reckon EBC is just about finished the final chapter of the book she always wanted to write. Elaine, this saga has reached its final chapter. Get the thing published now. No need to hang off for the appeal. It ain't gonna happen. I wouldn't read your tripe even it was a free insert in the Sunday paper.

It now makes me look at the BC family demeanour in court in a different light. They all knew about this $600,000 and actually believed he was going to be found innocent, and they would all walk away and celebrate. This explains why they seemed quite relaxed, went shopping etc. This was to them a process that was going to reap them lots of money - a money-making venture in fact! What a shock it all must have been, and possibly more shocks to come if it's true there was another person involved who the police are planning to nail next!

Does the cry "We have to make him innocent" - come to mind.
It means that the family - who were Witnesses of this trial actually made the deal with the media - knowing that if the verdict was innocent - there was a substantial monetary gain.
No wonder they are also Appealing the Verdict!
And they cry a miscarriage of Justice??!!

*I think this could put your appeal in jeopardy.
Any thought from our law sleuthers?

ETA: I had removed this * but have now replaced it back.
Cheers

This is a lesson is ascribing meaning to other's behaviours without knowing the whole story. We assumed that EBC was distressed at the verdict because her son was guilty of murder and would spend life in prison, but now it emerges that maybe her house was mortgaged. So her crying takes on another meaning. We can safely assume this was also the reason NBC slumped in his chair.
Similarly, we assumed that GBC was aghast, struggled to breathe and cried because he was found guilty and faced a life in jail. We assumed that he reacted to the victim impact statements. But now it emerges that he was crying for himself because he wouldn't be a free man and he wouldn't be wealthy as he had earlier stated. In the event that GBC was found not guilty, they had pre-planned to exploit Allison's murder and GBC's wrongful arrest by making $600,000 from the media in addition to $1,000,000 from Allison's Insurance/Superannuation and $440,000 from the sale of Allison and Ashley's house on the Gold Coast.

Morally bankrupt is a concept which comes to mind.

Well said Fuskier.

Does the cry "We have to make him innocent" - come to mind.
It means that the family - who were Witnesses of this trial actually made the deal with the media - knowing that if the verdict was innocent - there was a substantial monetary gain.
No wonder they are also Appealing the Verdict!
And they cry a miscarriage of Justice??!!

I think this could put your appeal in jeopardy.
Any thought from our law sleuthers?

BBM: Now that is an excellent point Figtree! The Baden-Clay name is now mud in Qld, if not the whole of Australia. The more mud that is slung around about them, the better IMO. I'd be interested to know which MSM outlet offered the $600,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa