The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM: Now that is an excellent point Figtree! The Baden-Clay name is now mud in Qld, if not the whole of Australia. The more mud that is slung around about them, the better IMO. I'd be interested to know which MSM outlet offered the $600,000.

The Media Article doesn't say, but I doubt it would hard to find out -

Behind the scenes, TV producers flew up to Brisbane to woo the Baden-Clays with huge sums of money if he walked and talked.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226994719127

and what I interpret here below is that it was done before the trial...

My bold:
Baden-Clay would have walked out to a media deal of at least $600,000, negotiated by his family as he awaited trial.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...994719127?nk=58179f024e6fc0f78b1306fda0699eb6

This is a huge conflict of interest - prior to the trial.
$600,000 is a large incentive and motive that can not be ruled out as a factor which might sway a witnesses answer - if they thought they were to gain from the proceeds - or hold the proceeds for the accused (yet to be convicted) until further time.
Even if the witness thought the accused was innocent - how much stronger would the push be to make sure there was nothing incriminating said - how much more selective would their words be.
I think it has to be taken into account.

JMOO

He also would have collected up to $1 million from his wife’s insurance policies and $440,000 from selling a Gold Coast investment property he had owned with his wife

From http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226994719127

Owned with his wife??? I thought it was Allison and her brother's place...
And secondly, I'm sure I have read in the past couple of weeks that the older BCs also rented their place?

Oh and on the hand signals - surely you just need that "mummy look" to get your kids back in line without having to talk to them. Best thing my mum ever taught me lol

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-minutes-program/story-fnihsrf2-1226994741459

“HE KILLED for himself”.

Four damning words from the mistress of convicted wife killer, Gerard Baden-Clay.

In an emotional interview to air tonight on 60 Minutes, Toni McHugh reveals why she believed she wasn’t the reason Baden-Clay murdered his wife Allison.

Speaking for the first time since the trial, Ms McHugh said: “I’ll never understand how, how it could have happened. I don’t believe that he murdered her for me. Why I say he didn’t, he did not kill her to be with me, was that I loved him already. He didn’t need to, he already had me.”

Asked why he killed “if it wasn’t for love”, Ms McHugh said: “He killed for himself.”

But she was stirring the pot right to the end

I have not read the entire conversation here but as a mother of several children, I am wondering what I might do under similar circumstances and I find myself feeling some sympathy towards GBC's mother, when I read the things people are surmising about her.
Assuming she has no idea of his guilt or innocence, beyond the affairs etc, I would expect nothing less than to believe he didn't do it and to be extremely distressed at his conviction.
What mother could think otherwise and I would challenge every parent to consider this.

Not everyone is the same, Karo. I know i would support my son no matter what, but no way would i cover up for him. I have a special needs adult son and he knows this and i trust him to tell me the truth no matter what.

Sent from my ZTE T81 using Tapatalk

I'm not understanding the money from an investment property $400,000
Since when?

I have not read the entire conversation here but as a mother of several children, I am wondering what I might do under similar circumstances and I find myself feeling some sympathy towards GBC's mother, when I read the things people are surmising about her.
Assuming she has no idea of his guilt or innocence, beyond the affairs etc, I would expect nothing less than to believe he didn't do it and to be extremely distressed at his conviction.
What mother could think otherwise and I would challenge every parent to consider this.

Assuming she does know of his guilt.....

Since when?

That's when they somehow managed to sell a Gold Coast property under the cover of darkness, there seemed to be some dodgy deal eg real estate and/or lawyer...I can't exactly recall

Assuming she does know of his guilt.....

Assuming she does know of his guilt...has just maxed out her credit card on the promise of $600,000 plus coming their way...and reacts for the first time with emotion like a true BC

All this new information is making me want to appeal, for a big sentence of course. OMG, can you imagine if he was let off free and all this was emerging. They would be chased out of Australia, the lot of them!

Also if he earned money wouldn't it be snapped up by legal aid and all
the others he owes money too

The Media Article doesn't say, but I doubt it would hard to find out -

and what I interpret here below is that it was done before the trial...

My bold:

This is a huge conflict of interest - prior to the trial.
$600,000 is a large incentive and motive that can not be ruled out as a factor which might sway a witnesses answer - if they thought they were to gain from the proceeds - or hold the proceeds for the accused (yet to be convicted) until further time.
Even if the witness thought the accused was innocent - how much stronger would the push be to make sure there was nothing incriminating said - how much more selective would their words be.
I think it has to be taken into account.

JMOO

That's exactly right his 3 C buddies all testifying with the incentive of a 90k repayment payday at the end.

Since when?

I think this is the media getting it mixed up somewhat. Allison and GBC owned a property on the Gold Coast (through their Top of the Steps company) which also had some money from Allison brother invested.the property was mortgaged, from memory around $350,000 ...not good at searching :)...

GBC from prison tried to sell the property (after having himself declared the only surviving director through ASIC), the Dickie family intervened through legal means, the property was sold but Allison's proportion of the proceeds of the sale was held in trust until the outcome of the trial.

All IMOO

All this new information is making me want to appeal, for a big sentence of course. OMG, can you imagine if he was let off free and all this was emerging. They would be chased out of Australia, the lot of them!

I agree nads, I believe that these disclosures regarding massive pay days etc justify the formation of a campaign/lobby group against an appeal.

Does anyone agree?

I must say I am enjoying the fact that Gerard's guards are spilling on the ridiculous things he has said while incarcerated. Keep 'em coming :)

Agree Nads. I wish there was a way to have this made part of the appeal, which as I understand it can only focus on the legal aspects of he trial itself. Given the amount of lying vitriol that was spewed forth regarding Allison at the trial by He who has Been Circumcised and his family, it would be great to have that put into its grubby money grabbing context. My concern would be that the argue that would be to ask for a new trial.. I am happy with the verdict and sentence, and am sure the appeal will not succeed. For all that they have done...there will be justice....and karma

I agree nads, I believe that these disclosures regarding massive pay days etc justify the formation of a campaign/lobby group against an appeal.

Does anyone agree?

I agree it is outrageous. Problem is that he received the maximum sentence possible (about a year after his dastardly deed the time was increased to 20 years) and justice Byrne gave some directions to the Parole Board. What can be gained from an appeal?

Gerard Baden-Clay stood to gain $600,000 from media deal if he was acquitted of murdering wife Allison

July 20, 2014 12:00AM

GERARD Baden-Clay was wheeling and dealing behind bars to gain up to $2 million if he’d been acquitted of murdering his wife Allison.

The day before the remorseless killer was found guilty, he bragged to prison guards he would soon be a free man – and a wealthy one too.

Baden-Clay would have walked out to a media deal of at least $600,000, negotiated by his family as he awaited trial.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226994719127

Yep, true to form. All about the cash.

Gerard Baden-Clay stood to gain $600,000 from media deal if he was acquitted of murdering wife Allison

July 20, 2014 12:00AM

GERARD Baden-Clay was wheeling and dealing behind bars to gain up to $2 million if he’d been acquitted of murdering his wife Allison.

The day before the remorseless killer was found guilty, he bragged to prison guards he would soon be a free man – and a wealthy one too.

Keepin it classy...

Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members