The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not read the entire conversation here but as a mother of several children, I am wondering what I might do under similar circumstances and I find myself feeling some sympathy towards GBC's mother, when I read the things people are surmising about her.
Assuming she has no idea of his guilt or innocence, beyond the affairs etc, I would expect nothing less than to believe he didn't do it and to be extremely distressed at his conviction.
What mother could think otherwise and I would challenge every parent to consider this.

As a mother of two grown sons I would like to think that I would believe and trust them unconditionally. However, if I had any doubt whatsoever, any, if there was even a shred of doubt then I would have to acknowledge that. Just having to think about this makes my stomach churn. It didn't mean I would love them less but I would be devastated and disappointed if indeed they had done what they had been accused of doing. Having said all that, I really don't know what i'd do until I was in that position.

It's all plane here. But they said "first to the international situation" ... If it's not on I am OK with that. I feel pretty compromised morally watching. I had to rewire the set to even get this channel.

It's all plane here. But they said "first to the international situation" ... If it's not on I am OK with that. I feel pretty compromised morally watching. I had to rewire the set to even get this channel.

Oh. Poor Poss. I've put myself to bed and am reading so not tempted. My partner is
watching and he's lucky I don't punch him
on the nose. Lol. Don't feel bad. We have to do what feels correct for us
Xxxxxx

Anyone else watching 60 minutes and puke at the photo of Gerard's employees holding him up as he lay in their hands?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else watching 60 minutes and puke at the photo of Gerard's employees holding him up as he lay in their hands?

Oh god it's sickening.

He is creepier the more I see of him. And so, so fake.

What about what her friends have had to say, that he was never authentic and always acted superior. Just what everyone on WS concluded.

What about what her friends have had to say, that he was never authentic and always acted superior. Just what everyone on WS concluded.

Yes, doesn't sound like they were fans!

I'm glad she's at least she's getting some representation on there.

I'm not buying this "looking for someone to kill my wife".

How could women find him attractive? That voice, those teeth, the raised eyebrow and his horrid "personality".

How could women find him attractive? That voice, those teeth, the raised eyebrow and his horrid "personality".

I know, there's nothing at all attractive about him.

Starts his phone call to police with the words "Good Morning"........

I think it's a little harsh to paint all media with the same brush. I'd probably be accurate in saying a lot of the print media journos, especially those in Brisbane, would have had a silent cheer when GBC was pronounced guilty. And they're currently doing a great job of letting the world know all about the true colours of GBC.

Yeah print media isn't as bad as TV, but they are still rating hunting scum IMO
Just look at the level of content (I can't call it journalism) that CM and all News Corp companies print/post these days.
It's tabloid junk. They have only been surviving on this case, Daniel Morcombe and plane crashes for the past year.
I am sure there are a couple of journos who actually do the leg work still in the company, but they are very much in the minority these days.
The silent cheer you may have heard from News Corp was simply a cheer that they didn't have to troll reddit for headline stories for a few days to try and justify creating a newpaper.
You see how quickly they jumped over to the plane crash when it happened. Yeah it's an important event, but I don't see it requiring the (currently) top five spots of their website.

<modsnip>

Sorry if I sound so cynical, but copy and paste from other websites isn't journalism.

I know, there's nothing at all attractive about him.

To be fair to those women you are looking at him now with the knowledge of what he did. No he would never have been a Clark Gable but fairly ordinary looking I think - if you don't think about what he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member