The Box From Hell (BFH) - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did GW happen to make notes in the memo section on his checks? Especially since his records were so meticulous. IF so, I wonder if anything of any significance might be found on those checks. Where is bank statements included in the BFH? If so could they include any hints, possibly from a large deposit or ?

Back to Damron.... Reading again and looking closely it appears the last three barely legible words are ret. v con. Could that be return via contintental? Not sure that helps in anyway, but that is how I read it.

I haven't read this forum word for word so bear with me. Just wondering....and this may be a crazy idea. Could Brody have changed Anna's name to Margaret since he was so stuck on the original Margaret and thought Anna was her reincarination?

This is a very interesting case. I do hope for Anna's mom that it is solved some day.

I wondered this as well. I just recently pulled from the California birth records every Female born on Sept. 25, 1967 in San Francisco. There are 24 names total, but 2 of them are listed twice, making there appear to be 26 names. The 2 names that are listed twice have my curiosity up. We know that GW was able to change Anna's Birth certificate to add the name Eifee without Annasmom present, so you really never know how much he could accomplish in changing it again, especially since he was a physician.

There is a Margaret A Howard listed twice (b. 9-25-67, SF CA). First entry has her last name as Howard, (Mothers maiden name) and the 2nd listing has her last name as Doughman. (with Howard as Mothers maiden name).

The second duplicate entry is for Anne M. Greenfield (b. 9-25-67, SF CA) First entry has only Greenfield as her name with Cochran as her mothers maiden name, and the 2nd listing has her whole name spelled out. with Cochran as the mother maiden name.

If these 2 girls have duplicate entries because their birth certificates where changed to add/change the names listed, WHY isn't Anna's listed twice to show her name change? Could the Georges changed her name to be one of these girls? Anyway, this probably has all been gone over by SherlockJR or Doogie, but I can't seem to find where they discussed it here.

I've been pretty busy at home lately, so I haven't had time to check out all the names yet.

OOPS, sorry this should be posted in the searching for Anna thread...

If these 2 girls have duplicate entries because their birth certificates where changed to add/change the names listed, WHY isn't Anna's listed twice to show her name change? Could the Georges changed her name to be one of these girls? Anyway, this probably has all been gone over by SherlockJR or Doogie, but I can't seem to find where they discussed it here. ...

The CA birth records will list a child born to a single mother under both parents names. There are times that the child may only be listed under the mothers maiden name for example the birthfather is unknown.

Doogie claims he has checked into every female born on that day before he started the forum.

Doogie claims he has checked into every female born on that day before he started the forum.

I was helping Susan Ward, an early "possible Anna", search for her birth name. I was able to trace most of the girls born on that day in SF into adulthood, which eliminated them as possibly being Susan.

What I had not considered was that one of the names on the list may have been Anna with a changed birth certificate. I doubt that, if a false BC was created, it would be for the same date (but who knows if the birthdate had some zodiacal significance to GB). I will have to review my notes at the time to reconstruct whether any of these two names were those that I had identified into adulthood.

The CA birth records will list a child born to a single mother under both parents names. There are times that the child may only be listed under the mothers maiden name for example the birthfather is unknown.

That would certainly explain Margaret Howard, but Anne M. Greenfield still has me baffled. 1st entry she is just listed as Greenfield, no first or middle name. Second listing it is listed as Anne M. Greenfield. Going with the info you have provided, there would be no need to have 2 listings because she has same sir-name & mothers maiden name. The only reason it appears to be a duplicate is because her first name was added later....which makes me wonder why Anna doesn't have 2 listing if a name was added at a later date for her too.

I don't know, probably nothing, just something that caught my eye.

Hello all,

I have missed you very much and am finally back online after a long computer disaster. I managed to save most of my info (whew) and will need a few days to catch up with you all...

a note here, there is a double birth listing when a child is adopted out, though the original name is listed twice, if that helps.

Hello all,

I have missed you very much and am finally back online after a long computer disaster. I managed to save most of my info (whew) and will need a few days to catch up with you all...

a note here, there is a double birth listing when a child is adopted out, though the original name is listed twice, if that helps.

Glad you're back, INH. Too bad about the computer problems, but I hope it's smooth sailing now.

I've been thinking for awhile how to write this while also remaining politically correct ..LOL Since Damron has been brought up again in another thread, I thought I would go ahead and say what I have to say..

DAMRON, the travel guide for gays originally was for National travel, (USA). Bob Damron also had a fancy for Amsterdam, Netherlands, (Which is known as the gay capital of the world). In the early 70's he revised his travel guide to include Amsterdam, it supposedly was the first foreign country to be included.

NOW, if the word passport is written beside DAMRON in Waters notebook, it probably means he was traveling abroad. In the early 70's the only other country that was included in DAMRON was Amsterdam. SO...my guess that's where he went. If he took Anna, and sent her out of the country, maybe it was there.

I'm sorry, I have no links to backup my information. Everything I say was told to me by an old friend who I worked with in KCMO. His "life partner" is several years older than him. He reportably made a few trips there himself, and took along his Damron travel companion.

To help back up his claims I did do a little on-line research, I found that now days there is a separate DAMRON entirely dedicated for Amsterdam, and is in it's 2nd edition.

This note about ordering an ephemeris for 1947 (Sigrid). I feel this is Seka he is referring to. Now we need to search for a Sigrid born in Yugoslavia (perhaps Belgrade). A word of caution, I have contacted a Sigrid who has lived in HMB since the early 70's and she is not Seka.

Attachments

• Squibb_24.jpg
    Squibb_24.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 353
...A word of caution, I have contacted a Sigrid who has lived in HMB since the early 70's and she is not Seka.

Just to show what a small world it is, it turns out that Annasmom taught piano to this woman's two sons years ago. (Remember, she is not Seka!)

I am always amazed at the series of coincidences that this case has. I am reminded of how I searched for all of the girls born in SF on 9/25/67 and found one who turned out to be one of Anna's best friends in Kindergarten.

Annasmom: Can you translate the apparently Greek writing next to Sigrid's name? It seems to be "E - O with a slash through it - E - M". Does this have any significance?.

Annasmom: Can you translate the apparently Greek writing next to Sigrid's name? It seems to be "E - O with a slash through it - E - M". Does this have any significance?.
It says "Ephem" (Epsilon-Phi-Epsilon-Mu), which indicates an ephemeris, the chart of planet positions which astronomers use to make charts. The Rosicrucians sell these, and it looks as if GW was ordering one for a Sigrid born on the date indicated. I think each ephemeris covers a whole year or something.

It says "Ephem" (Epsilon-Phi-Epsilon-Mu), which indicates an ephemeris, the chart of planet positions which astronomers use to make charts. The Rosicrucians sell these, and it looks as if GW was ordering one for a Sigrid born on the date indicated. I think each ephemeris covers a whole year or something.

Obviously, then, this "Sigrid" was important enough in the life of Waters and Brody to be interested in her astrological profile - so much so that they were willing to spend cash to determine it. This means that identifying and locating "Sigrid" should be a goal of ours.

There was a note by Joe Ford in the BFH concerning one of the phone numbers that Waters called on December 26, 1981 (two days after Brody's death). Joe called the number and identified the number as the "Griffin Institute" in San Diego. We had been unable to locate any information about this company.

The number had a area code of 714. It dawned on me that San Diego had changed their area code to 619. I researched the number with an area code of 619 and located the "Gerson Institute" which is an alternative treatment center for cancer. http://www.gerson.org/ (I am sure that Joe just misunderstood "Gerson" for "Griffin".) The Institute offers a wide mix of "kooky" treatments, including the use of coffee enemas (sound familar?).

That makes two of the calls that Waters made were to alternative health centers (Evelyn Wanek and the Gerson Institute). The simplest explaination for this would be that he was calling all of those people who had been involved with Brody's treatment to inform them of his passing and to cancel any future appointments.

What is confusing to me is that the call to Wanek lasted 40 minutes - much too long for just "taking care of business". I always have to remind myself that Waters was a paranoid-schizophrenic and was not operating as a "normal" person would, so this extremely long phone call may have simply been Waters ranting on and on, while Wanek politely listened without hanging up on the kook. In other words, it could be explained away as nothing suspicious. However, there is enough of a red flag here that I would like to look into Evelyn even more before we dismiss this as innocent.

A poster here has uncovered that Wanek had family who lived in the San Diego area. The Gerson Institute also was located in San Diego and has a group of authorized "practicioners" of their method that operate around the country. Among their treatments is the use of enemas. Wanek used enemas in her clinic and even patented a device to help facilitate the process. I would be interested in uncovering if Wanek had any connection to the Gerson Institute (either business or family). Even if a connection is discovered, it may still may mean nothing, but it may lead to more information of interest. Without listing any details here, there is a specific reason that any connections to San Diego may be important. Any help that anyone can offer is appreciated.

And I will refrain from referring to this whole portion of the investigation as "The Enema Connection". But then again, I think I already did... :silenced:

Obviously, then, this "Sigrid" was important enough in the life of Waters and Brody to be interested in her astrological profile - so much so that they were willing to spend cash to determine it. This means that identifying and locating "Sigrid" should be a goal of ours.

They only spent fifty cents, though. The last (typed) letter from GB to Seka indicates that she may have broken off whatever relationship they had.

They only spent fifty cents, though. The last (typed) letter from GB to Seka indicates that she may have broken off whatever relationship they had.

Why do I find humorous the image of Waters (a physician and the breadwinner of this duo) having to beg Brody for permission to spend that fifty cents?

I believe that the real question concerning this is "Is Sigrid the same person as Seka?" I had gotten the impression (perhaps baseless) that Seka had only briefly been part of Waters and Brody's life in the mid-to-late 1970's. The reference to Sigrid seems to have been in the early 1970's. If they are the same person, then that would mean a longer period of acquaintance than I had previously thought. Otherwise, Sigrid and Seka are two different people.

Why do I find humorous the image of Waters (a physician and the breadwinner of this duo) having to beg Brody for permission to spend that fifty cents?

When I read this posting I thought about this note GW wrote about the reaction of a 25 cent debt in the alley????

Attachments

• Squibb_31C.jpg
    Squibb_31C.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 317
With regard to the "Final Solution" entry - it kind of looks to me like the notation next to "Tk Pict/Margaret" might say "To Greece." Considering the Italian consul note and GW's former time spent in Greece, this seems to make some sense to me - like they were planning a trip to Greece (with Anna) and were going to take a picture of Margaret.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=329&d=1190390475

With regard to the "Final Solution" entry - it kind of looks to me like the notation next to "Tk Pict/Margaret" might say "To Greece." Considering the Italian consul note and GW's former time spent in Greece, this seems to make some sense to me - like they were planning a trip to Greece (with Anna) and were going to take a picture of Margaret.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=329&d=1190390475
Actually, it says "To God" and refers to the dedication on the Bruckner symphony listed right below it.

All Sigrids born in CA in 1947 *(mothers Maiden name)

Sigrid Linda Branstead 17 Apr 1947 Female *Weiler Alameda
Elaine Sigrid Halgren 28 Nov 1947 Female *Greenman San Diego
Sigrid Shelly Kaupp 5 Apr 1947 Female *Blondel Santa Barbara
Sigrid Elizabeth Kite 14 Nov 1947 Female *Clooney Los Angeles
Sigrid Sina Lindelof 5 Dec 1947 Female *Thomson Sacramento
Sigrid Louise Nelson 10 Apr 1947 Female *Ellington Los Angeles
Sigrid Ethel Swanson 27 Jan 1947 Female *Gordon San Diego

Of course Sigrid could have been born anywhere. I personally thougt it was in regards to Sigrid Undset famous writer...(but she died in 1949) Guess it wasn't her...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member