The British Royal Family #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread was started for members with an appreciation of the British Royal Family and was intended to be a bit of a light-hearted oasis from the negativity and sadness experienced from reading and researching every day crime and tragedy.

There was no need for this thread to turn angsty. If you simply don't have an appreciation for the BRF, this thread is not for you.

Thread is open again.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I want to say first that I truly feel for people who have gone through tragic events at any point in their lives- you do not get past that type of trauma. You can learn from it and grow and find ways to grieve and process it but you certainly don't get past it.

But even putting that aside... the entire archetype of the tragic hero overcoming seemingly insurmountable odds to succeed is based on people facing horrible things and overcoming them! This has been a theme in human history for literally thousands of years. Our earliest and most inspiring stories in every culture and religion start with a soon-to-be hero overcoming tragedy. It did not start with Harry! This isn't something he invented! He is telling his story like millions of people before him. I say good for him.

There's a reason why humans like these stories - they are inspirational and they help us deal with the problems, big and small, in our daily lives. We like hearing how even important and famous and privileged people have had bad things happen to them and how they dealt with their issues and overcome. I can't believe this is a topic for debate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I loved the bonkers-ness of that hat! What was she thinking :D

I've no idea as the outfit itself was gorgeous! It was Eugenie in the bad dress that time. They both got an absolute slating - the press had a field day and the public thought they were attention seekers. I'm glad they have turned opinion round since then, and hope this wedding continues with that.

upload_2020-2-13_20-18-53.png

Anyone for a chocolate hobnob?

Just an aside - do any of you remember Abbey Crunch biscuits? I've mentioned this to a few people and they look at me like I've gone mad (possible in general, but I know my stuff when it comes to biscuits!)

Yesss!!!! I loved these but haven't seen them in a long long time.

Yesss!!!! I loved these but haven't seen them in a long long time.

Aldi and Lidl do a very similar biccy called Oaties (and they do a chocolate version too), but I do miss the originals, my lovely elderly neighbour used to give me them when I visited her - she also had a fancy new telly so I could see the amazing technology of Ceefax and Teletext!

Aldi and Lidl do a very similar biccy called Oaties (and they do a chocolate version too), but I do miss the originals, my lovely elderly neighbour used to give me them when I visited her - she also had a fancy new telly so I could see the amazing technology of Ceefax and Teletext!

It was an elderly neighbour introduced me to them too! She had a rocking chair which I thought was really cool so she used to let me sit in it with my tea and biscuits. She loved discussing Diana's 'fancy frocks'. I felt like a proper grown up :D

I've no idea as the outfit itself was gorgeous! It was Eugenie in the bad dress that time. They both got an absolute slating - the press had a field day and the public thought they were attention seekers. I'm glad they have turned opinion round since then, and hope this wedding continues with that.

View attachment 231858

They needed time to find their style, we must have all worn some odd stuff as teens and in our 20s, but lucky for us no one in the press was paying attention! Eugenie's wedding dress was beautiful, but wo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase