The British Royal Family #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meghan Markle 'running the show,’ taking ‘responsibility from Harry’ following staff firing, expert claims

“Buckingham Palace does not speak on staffing matters. However, it is reportedly understood that senior royal officers such as Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles and Prince William are aware of the office closure.

“It seems the final nail has been hammered in the separation of Prince Harry and his family thanks to the dismissals of their 15 staff members from the royal household who have been told they are ‘no longer required,’ U.K.-based broadcaster Neil Sean told Fox News. “I have been told quite a few staff members had hoped or offered to transfer over to Canada to continue a working relationship [because of] the fact they all loved [her husband] Prince Harry and working for him.”

Sean claimed that a source close
to the palace told him the former “Suits” star told royal courtiers they were “moving on.”

“Also noted that it’s Meghan that deals with this side of things and many believe it’s a simple case of her running the show and taking away any responsibility from Harry,” Sean claimed.

Sean claimed the couple’s former staff continue to be disappointed by the recent turn of events.

“Another royal mole tells me, ‘So much for keeping ties to Britain,’” Sean claimed. “With this, they have effectively stated they have moved on and are not coming back long term, which is a shock not just for the staff but also for the queen who believed them when they said they wanted to keep an active role within the royal family.”

“A senior advisor told me, ‘She is playing a very dangerous game as the royal family will only take so much,’” he added.

“Sean previously told Fox News it’s very unlikely Markle would be heading back across the pond anytime soon”

Harry And Meghan Are Reportedly Moving To LA, But Will That Solve Their Privacy Problem? | HuffPost

How can the Sussexes best control their narrative?
Bullen thinks the Sussexes and Cambridges are already controlling their narratives well by using social media. But Harry and Meghan are going to have to find “the right PR team ― and the right publicists are not inexpensive,” he said.

The Sussexes might also just have to let go of certain issues.

“When you get to a certain point of fame, controlling your narrative becomes much more difficult,” Lui said. “There’s only so much that you can control, but people are going to say about you, and write about you, and talk about you anyway.”

“Beyoncé has been able to [contain her narrative] in a sense because she’s ceased giving all interviews. She doesn’t speak directly to anybody. She just speaks through her art, really,” Lui continued, adding that very few people are able to do that.

“They’re going to need a new team outside of the royal family. Those people have to be pro. And they have to be modern pro, as in understanding the power of social media, understanding how social media works,” she said. “You can’t bring on an old-school Hollywood publicist who isn’t with the times.”

They also have to have a targeted brand strategy, Lui added.

“I know that people like the royals don’t want to talk about themselves in using words like branding ... but the reality is, we all have a brand,” she said. “Now that they’re on their own, they’re no longer working members of the Royal Family ― they are their own family. They need to figure out and streamline what that brand is.”

Ultimately, Dominic argued, Meghan already has experience as a celebrity and will be able to figure it out. “At the end of the day, Meghan has been in Hollywood before, obviously not with this much star power, but she knows the ways of LA,” he said. “If she really wants privacy for her and her family, she knows what to do.”

Queen promotes the work of minor royals post Megxit | Daily Mail Online

The Queen has promoted the work of her cousin, a minor working royal, as the monarchy adapts in the wake of 'Megxit'.

The official royal family Instagram account shared a rare photo of the Duchess of Gloucester, 73, wife of the Queen's cousin the Duke of Gloucester, 75, at a military engagement this week.

This post is notable as the account typically focuses on the work of the Queen, her children and grandchildren, namely Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall, Princess Anne, Prince Edward and the Countess of Wessex, the Cambridges and the Sussexes.

The timing of the post perhaps signals that the monarchy is seeking to remind the public of the work of minor royals like the Gloucesters who regularly carry out duties with little publicity, as it adapts to the departure of three senior royals: Prince Andrew, Prince Harry and the Duchess of Sussex.

Caroline Flack (rumoured to have dated Harry some years ago): a lesson in how mental health issues, bad life choices and press intrusion can have disastrous results. Let’s not play a part in this horrible trend of bringing people down.

Last edited:
Harry And Meghan Are Reportedly Moving To LA, But Will That Solve Their Privacy Problem? | HuffPost

How can the Sussexes best control their narrative?
Bullen thinks the Sussexes and Cambridges are already controlling their narratives well by using social media. But Harry and Meghan are going to have to find “the right PR team ― and the right publicists are not inexpensive,” he said.

The Sussexes might also just have to let go of certain issues.

“When you get to a certain point of fame, controlling your narrative becomes much more difficult,” Lui said. “There’s only so much that you can control, but people are going to say about you, and write about you, and talk about you anyway.”

“Beyoncé has been able to [contain her narrative] in a sense because she’s ceased giving all interviews. She doesn’t speak directly to anybody. She just speaks through her art, really,” Lui continued, adding that very few people are able to do that.

“They’re going to need a new team outside of the royal family. Those people have to be pro. And they have to be modern pro, as in understanding the power of social media, understanding how social media works,” she said. “You can’t bring on an old-school Hollywood publicist who isn’t with the times.”

They also have to have a targeted brand strategy, Lui added.

“I know that people like the royals don’t want to talk about themselves in using words like branding ... but the reality is, we all have a brand,” she said. “Now that they’re on their own, they’re no longer working members of the Royal Family ― they are their own family. They need to figure out and streamline what that brand is.”

Ultimately, Dominic argued, Meghan already has experience as a celebrity and will be able to figure it out. “At the end of the day, Meghan has been in Hollywood before, obviously not with this much star power, but she knows the ways of LA,” he said. “If she really wants privacy for her and her family, she knows what to do.”
Oh my, the article says maybe for the summer? Unless they are planning on living in homes being offered to them from celebrities, it will certainly cost a lot of money to maintain or rent multiple properties in several countries. Will they need UK security in the US? If so, wow, the price of protection just went up. Of course, I think they could probably become less noticeable in LA than in England, but the first few months will be rough with the press. And of course there is still the question of will MM live in the US while our current president is still in office?

MOO

Caroline Flack (rumoured to have dated Harry some years ago): a lesson in how mental health issues and press intrusion can have disastrous results. Let’s not play a part of it of this horrible trend in bringing people down.
As I was writing my post up along a bit @CoverMeCagney the news broke. I was absolutely gutted that she felt driven to that and it felt so poignant I could barely finish what I was writing :( Online sport for some is devastating for others

As I was writing my post up along a bit @CoverMeCagney the news broke. I was absolutely gutted that she felt driven to that and it felt so poignant I could barely finish what I was writing :( Online sport for some is devastating for others

Wait for the sanctimonious tributes from the very people who trolled her or turned their backs on her.

Couldn't help but think of Harry and Meghan when this terrible news broke. How right Harry is to put his wife and little family first and do what it takes to keep them away from all the nastiness they've been subjected to.

I hope people will finally sit up and take notice of what their stupidity can cause.

This post lands at random.

For members concerned about Fox News as a source, it is allowed by WS, so members have to choose whether to believe or not, just as we do with the Daily Mail and other journalistic wonders.

Just no National Enquirer types, you know ... the "Baby Born With Wooden Leg" kind of rag mags.

Kate Middleton Podcast Debut With Giovanna Fletcher
Even the simplest of comments can appear as having a dig at someone, though that’s often not the way they were meant to be interpreted. The comments on the podcast about why Kate stood on the steps after giving birth have been interpreted in different ways and used to imply different things depending on which articles you open. The reality is she answered the question that is all.

Kate Middleton Podcast Debut With Giovanna Fletcher
Even the simplest of comments can appear as having a dig at someone, though that’s often not the way they were meant to be interpreted. The comments on the podcast about why Kate stood on the steps after giving birth have been interpreted in different ways and used to imply different things depending on which articles you open. The reality is she answered the question that is all.

This is lovely, I'll have to listen to the podcast at some point. I'm a fan of the Fletchers - Tom seems like the perfect family man from the videos he has released about his family.

It is sad to witness, the rash decisions continuing at a rapid pace. Marrying into a family takes time to grow and bond, no matter what that individually looks like.

I think the disrespect for the Queen is going to be remembered historically. This is a character and maturity issue. This all could have been done in a constructive manner for the sake of everyone. Their lack of judgement is astounding.

I’ve seen up to 20,000 comments in just a few publications. I feel for the family, especially the Queen. She doesn’t have the benefit of time healing wounds.

I don't think the decision was as rash as people assume. Long before marrying, Prince Harry had publicly indicated that he did not enjoy life as a royal and was uncomfortable being a prince and has often indicated the period of time when he served in the military was when he felt comfortable. Nobody that served with him or under him has suggested he lacked maturity and this seems to be a new

It's easy to blame his wife but he's only spoken about the safety of his wife and child. I would wonder what safety he's addressing. I read that there was much greater security at their wedding because of level of death threats against his biracial bride. For someone who's mother died trying avoid photgraphers, I would think those threats would make anybody a lot less comfortable being out in public.

Canada seemed an odd place for them go over Christmas and I've always wondered if the plans were already in place and they were asked to take time away to reconsider their decision before any public announcement. Their calendar after Christmas seemed remarkably free for senior royals.

Megan and Harry pictured together for the first time since MEGXIT stepping off a plane in Canada | Daily Mail Online

Nice to see him smiling.

“There was no sign of baby Archie, who is thought to be being looked after in their $14 million Canadian hideaway while the couple set to work carving out new business ventures.

While the Duke and Duchess appear content, their staff may be less so, after DailyMail.com this week revealed they were given their marching orders.

The couple are in the process of closing their Buckingham Palace office and axing their hugely experienced 15-strong team of London-based staff.

Almost all major decisions – and certainly their social media strategy – are now being made by the couple themselves, who are basing themselves in Canada for the time being, and a coterie of US celebrity agents and publicists.

The couple have been organizing private engagements and briefings with their new team, and even hired a Canadian designer to create a new website without any involvement from royal advisers.

The Mail understands that following Megxit, a small team of people will be employed privately in London to mastermind Harry’s new eco-friendly travel initiative, Travalyst.

It is thought the rest of the redundancies will be concluded by the spring, when Harry and Meghan’s ‘transition’ in stepping down as senior royals is formally concluded”

Breaking News! Even famous celebrities have feelings. I hope Harry is doing okay if anything really did happen between him and Caroline. Will be even more of a reason for him to focus on mental health. To have two friends commit suicide within a year span would be quite a blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member