The British Royal Family #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 photos of royals wearing braces to mark World Oral Health Day, including Prince Harry and Princess Eugenie

Friday 20 March marks World Oral Health Day and the royals are renowned for their perfect pearly whites. When the Queen visited the Royal National ENT and Eastman Dental Hospitals in London last month, she revealed she had wires as a child, telling one young patient, who was having braces fitted: "I think it's worth it, in the end."

Orthodontics has come a long way since Her Majesty's childhood and adults as well as young children are having braces fitted to align their teeth. The Queen isn't the only one to have had dental wires – HELLO! takes a look at all of her family members who have had braces, including her grandchildren Prince Harry and Lady Louise Windsor. Plus there's a few European royals, who have also had dental aligners in their teenage years.

The point is that she should never have flown to the U.K. when there was already a COVID-19 crisis. This increased the transfer of the virus to a large number of people due to shaking hands, hugging, close contact, and then flying back to (possibly Canada). Again, I don't think we know for certain where they are. What we do know is that there was no reason for her to be in the U.K.

Because of this her post is in poor taste.
Hopefully she will not start posting pictures of herself visiting COVID-19 patients, and home bound seniors.
We have people who are losing almost their entire income now that schools and daycares have been closed down. There are companies that are going to go under due to lost income.
Right now is not the time for Meghan Markle and her PR. This is why she is not getting positive responses to her Instagram post.

Do many people say no to the queen? Her and her husband were in the UK because the queen wanted them to attend the Commonwealth ceremony. She likely should have stayed at home but if she had, I'm sure there would have been many headlines about her disrespecting the queen.

Do you also feel the same about Sophie Gregoire Trudeau? It seems she broke a few social distancing rules as well and at least one celebrity wasn't overly pleased about finding out through the media, rather than being contacted as soon as possible.

Do many people say no to the queen? Her and her husband were in the UK because the queen wanted them to attend the Commonwealth ceremony. She likely should have stayed at home but if she had, I'm sure there would have been many headlines about her disrespecting the queen.

Do you also feel the same about Sophie Gregoire Trudeau? It seems she broke a few social distancing rules as well and at least one celebrity wasn't overly pleased about finding out through the media, rather than being contacted as soon as possible.

Good questions, but I feel that I've already stated my point in a few posts already.
I trust that the Queen would be understanding if Meghan Markle informed her that staying at home with Archie was necessary due to COVID19 concerns.
Members of the royal family have already cancelled some or all of their scheduled appearances.

I can't speak for those living in the U.K. but here in North America we tend to shake hands and hug quite a bit. It would be a hospitable habit that Sophie Gregoire was used to and might not have thought twice about. She went into quarantine instead of Instagram. It would have been good if Meghan and Harry told us they have done the same thing and did so. Even other celebrities with COVID19 and those who are in the midst of being tested have told us they are in quarantine or self-isolation.

How do you think security is working for H&M with the virus? We've been told the UK police officers do 2 weeks on in Vancouver and then get flown home for 2 weeks presumably the ones still in Canada are just going to do overtime for the whole time the travel restrictions are going on. It must be awful if they have vulnerable people who may depend on them in the UK. Its another reason I don't think this arrangement of providing UK personnel abroad can work long term.

Prince Albert of Monaco thanks supporters for their kind words after coronavirus diagnosis

The royal was tested earlier this week and after receiving his positive results, he thanked his supporters for their well wishes. Releasing a statement on Friday, Monaco's royal palace said: "His Serene Highness Prince Albert has been moved by all the good wishes he has received from all around the world. HSH wants to thank all the people that have sent him their support. The Sovereign Prince remains confined in his apartments inside the Palace. He is still working with his close collaborators in accordance with the health measures. His health, controlled several times during the day by his doctors, doesn't inspire any concern." Prince Albert added: "Patience, trust, courage, solidarity."

The prince also spoke of his symptoms shortly after news was announced of his illness. "My symptoms are flu-like, but it feels like a pretty mild case," he told People. "I’ve a slight fever, not really that bad. A little bit of a cough. I’d a runny nose the first few days that was the first sign. I’ve felt a little stuffed up but that’s it. I have be careful because of my recent medical history fighting off pneumonia a couple of years ago."

Asked how he believes he may have contracted it, he added: "Ask one of my cabinet members. It could have been from a number of other people. For weeks now I’ve tried to be cautious, using hand sanitisers and all that, but you never know. I could’ve caught it talking to someone from less than three or even four feet away. And it could have happened at any point in the last ten days or so. You never know."

Good questions, but I feel that I've already stated my point in a few posts already.
I trust that the Queen would be understanding if Meghan Markle informed her that staying at home with Archie was necessary due to COVID19 concerns.
Members of the royal family have already cancelled some or all of their scheduled appearances.

I can't speak for those living in the U.K. but here in North America we tend to shake hands and hug quite a bit. It would be a hospitable habit that Sophie Gregoire was used to and might not have thought twice about. She went into quarantine instead of Instagram. It would have been good if Meghan and Harry told us they have done the same thing and did so. Even other celebrities with COVID19 and those who are in the midst of being tested have told us they are in quarantine or self-isolation.

I’m sure the queen would understand but check out all the tabloid fodder and comments here about the horrid person MM was for depriving the Queen of time with Archie.

Do we truly need to know if they’ve been tested or not? Nobody has spotted them about town and I’m sure if they had, it would be front page news so I would suggest they are doing the right thing and self isolating.

<modsnip: off topic>

Some celebrities have publicly mentioned testing but I’d be surprised if the few that have are the only ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
More speculation than citation, but

Princess Beatrice's royal family promotion as Queen forced into coronavirus lockdown

gettyimages-1171354150.jpg

image from linked article.

That infamous "source" suggesting that Princess Beatrice will become a Counsellor of State!!!

I'm not MM's biggest fan but I don't think anyone could accuse her of being work shy or being unwilling to put in some graft. I think if they had offered that she could do all of the public appearances on behalf of the RF she would have done it. She came back to work after 6 weeks when no one would have begrudged her 6 months to a year of maternity leave.

I think part of the problem is that the RF don't move at her speed, its quite slow, they know they're in it for the long haul and have to share the spotlight between them. We know that she was up at 5am contacting assistants, thats not someone who isn't working hard.

I do think that she had unrealistic expectations in that she thought there would be universal admiration but I don't think she wasn't willing to put in the work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361