The British Royal Family #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a research thing. When researching a topic, I find recent peer reviewed publications, do a quick scan for a couple of keywords, decide whether it's worth reading.

With something like a journal about freedom, words like murder (2), escape (3), eye (43), see or seem (89), dead (4), alive (1), fear (8) seem like good words to search.
What about:
  • Find
  • Free
  • True
  • False?

"Free" is mentioned 28 times:
  • free holidays
  • right to freedom/freedom
  • free clothes.
  • roam freely (elephants)
  • moment of freedom
  • free of digital distractions
  • conflict-free (3x) (stone on ring)
  • feel free
  • carefree attitude
  • free of intrusion
  • finally free
  • free-range (2x) (chicken dinner)
  • free-pouring
  • break free
  • play freely
  • gluten-free

"Truths" appears more than once as follows.
  • ugly truths
  • mistruths
  • the truth
  • new truth
  • actual truth
  • repurposed as truth
I assume we're clear to discuss the book without providing a link to some media source. It's a published book. Everyone can check the information.

Are you interested in a sample quote with any particular word to give a sense of why the words are used?
  • find (4o)
  • free (28)
  • true (22)
  • false (8)
Just a thought. Seems as if a diary would be more personal. If you felt trapped you might express the desire to be free. IMO

ETA: Interesting the use of the word truth seems to often refer to something other than truth. But under the circumstances you would expect to see an assertion of falsehood.

Last edited:
Just a thought. Seems as if a diary would be more personal. If you felt trapped you might express the desire to be free. IMO

ETA: Interesting the use of the word truth seems to often refer to something other than truth. But under the circumstances you would expect to see an assertion of falsehood.

I noticed that too. It was an 'actual', 'ugly', 'new', 'repurposed' 'truth' 'mistruth'. Regardless, the book fails to clarify what they are escaping from, and what is modern. The title seems rather misleading given the rambling detail laden wisdoms about where Markle buys shoes and Harry's locks.

"False" is used 8 times
  • false speculation
  • falsely accused
  • falsehoods (2x)
  • “That story was ridiculous and so false.”
  • sometimes false
  • knowingly false
  • “false” and “absurd”

I wonder what Princess Diana's sisters, Lady Jane Fellowes and Lady Sarah McCorquodale (next to William), think about Harry's decisions. Lady Diana's sisters would know and honour what she wanted for her sons.

Did Lady Jane Fellowes and Lady Sarah McCorquodale attend any of Prince William's baby christenings? Aunts and uncles aren't usually included, are they? Why did Harry include a couple of aunts but not all of the aunts and uncles? Does it have anything to do with Lady Diana's estate?

archie-christening-photo-smaller-1562426562.jpg

Meghan Markle & Prince Harry Honor Princess Diana at Archie's Christening

Most of the excerpts from the book are online and JMO not very positive towards the RF. I now understand why Meghan did not bring Archie for their last stint in the UK and why she high tailed out of the UK after their last "working" engagement . They both knew what caused their departure and it was not their family members. MOO

OK, give it up! What did cause them to high tail it out of the UK that they both knew. Details, details....

It's a research thing. When researching a topic, I find recent peer reviewed publications, do a quick scan for a couple of keywords, decide whether it's worth reading.

With something like a journal about freedom, words like murder (2), escape (3), eye (43), see or seem (89), dead (4), alive (1), fear (8) seem like good words to search.

Word scanning is also a widely and essential software tool used by headhunters combing through resumes of those designated with Masters and/or PHD.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

My concern lies in the unseen distress upon the Queen at this late stage of her life. She is tough and confident in her position but nonetheless undue stress takes a toll on most everyone. Interpersonal stresses are those of the most damaging.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member