The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fell bad for posting article regarding Samantha. I shouldn't promote her vile words.

I’m boycotting all Markle stories from now on it is too Jerry Springer/Jeremy Kyle now. I don’t want to lower the tone of the thread anymore or add to the Duchess of Sussex’s distress.

Thank you for everyone’s good wishes I am feeling better today.

View attachment 169218

On Her Majesty's Secret Service: The Queen unveils plaque with a hidden message to mark GCHQ's centenary (and then exchanges coded tweets with spies - so can you crack them?)

The Queen looks radiant in royal blue as she unveils plaque in London | Daily Mail Online

First, so glad you're feeling a bit better today. :)

I would love to see the Queen, just once, because I can't believe how tiny but regal she always appears. I'd love to see such a presence as hers. The blue is a great choice, and she's lovely in everything, I think. Standing between the two officers/ officials in that one photo in the article, she looks to be the size of a child. But probably has more power than I can even begin to verbalize.

The woman who broke her wrist when Prince Philip pulled out in front of the car she was in cannot believe he has escaped prosecution.

Emma Fairweather, 46, said: “I don’t know if everyone would have been treated that way.”

Prince Philip crash victim slams decision not to charge Duke over smash

Did this Lady or anybody expect Prince Philip, aged 97, to be prosecuted and jailed? Can you imagine Her Majesty getting out of her Bentley to visit the Prince at Her Majesty’s Prison Service Wandsworth Prison for a fortnightly prison visit? It was never going to happen but at least he is no longer driving on public roads.

Is that the article with Harry in Norway BDE? I cant view article due to restriction but did read one earlier today on my news feed.

The woman who broke her wrist when Prince Philip pulled out in front of the car she was in cannot believe he has escaped prosecution.

Emma Fairweather, 46, said: “I don’t know if everyone would have been treated that way.”

Did this Lady or anybody expect Prince Philip, aged 97, to be prosecuted and jailed? Can you imagine Her Majesty getting out of her Bentley to visit the Prince at Her Majesty’s Prison Service Wandsworth Prison for a fortnightly prison visit? It was never going to happen but at least he is no longer driving on public roads.

97 years old, he should not be driving.

“Hey Looney Clooney! Your lawyer wife should have taught you not to make statements without full facts,”

I have a strong feeling Mrs. Clooney will legally respond to this name calling.
I hope not. Attention is like oxygen to Thomas and Samantha. She's really reaching with this latest salvo.

97 years old, he should not be driving.

I don’t think many would disagree. Thankfully he has handed over his license to the DVLA (U.K version of DMV) so he cannot drive on public roads anymore. I wonder if he will still drive on the Royal estates though where you don’t need a license because the roads are private property.

I hope not. Attention is like oxygen to Thomas and Samantha. She's really reaching with this latest salvo.

Admittedly, in my family there are one or two jealous & bitter ones who would be capable of doing this nastiness but then there are many others who would stand stoic and push the jealous ones into the ground to protect.

As the saying goes, ‘ya can’t choose your relatives”.

View attachment 169218

On Her Majesty's Secret Service: The Queen unveils plaque with a hidden message to mark GCHQ's centenary (and then exchanges coded tweets with spies - so can you crack them?)

The Queen looks radiant in royal blue as she unveils plaque in London | Daily Mail Online
This blue is so pretty on HRH. I love the touch of spring green at her neck underneath the coat, and those feathers in the hat are fab!

I do have to say though, the coat looks big on her. Maybe it's the double-breasted cut.

Valentines Day is also our Wedding Anniversary. Going out to dinner tonight as we hate going on the day with set menus at restaurants.

Happy Anniversary! Valentine's Day dinner in a restaurant isn't particularly romantic with staff rushed to turn tables quickly, poor service, etc., so we usually stay at home. DH grilled rack of lamb, and I made rosemary roasted fingerling potatoes. Nice bottle of wine and chocolate-dipped strawberries. Will probably go out tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419