The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I copied this from Sherwood Park above. I love the look, even with Kate’s skirt being blown about! She looks beautiful as always and I really think the red is striking on her. She wears her clothes so well and always looks impeccable.

And if you had those legs you wouldn't be too embarrassed about flashing them!

Not so different from eventing!
images
Or Rugby! :D

They're both pretty feisty & certainly up for any kind of rough competition.
tumblr_p1rasn71gK1r4r8ero1_640.png

Queen's Grandson-in-Law Mike Tindall Got His Famously Crooked Nose Fixed!:p

The former rugby World Cup winner, 39, first broke his nose at just 5 years old and went on to suffer three more breaks during his rugby career..

Mike-952900.jpg
Before his recent surgery, his nose sat at a 45-degree angle, and both of his nostrils were collapsed,:confused: meaning he could only breathe out of his mouth.
Queen's Grandson-in-Law Mike Tindall Got His Famously Crooked Nose Fixed: See the Photos!

115FAD31-33FE-490E-8E23-7327B114235F.jpeg C065C9AA-1977-4825-A8BB-BA53628572B2.jpeg

The Duchess of Sussex is the guest editor on the September issue of British Vogue - and its cover features 15 'women she admires'.

The Duchess becomes the first royal to guest-edit the fashion bible, bringing together 15 'trailblazers' and 'changemakers' for a special 'Forces for Change' issue.

The line-up of women she admires includes celebrities, politicians and activists known for championing issues such as diversity, body positivity, transgender rights and climate change.

But not all royal fans were delighted by the edition. One online commenter tweeted it was 'vaccuous rubbish' and another called the magazine 'absolutely awful'.

Duchess of Sussex reveals magazine featuring 15 women in September issue of Vogue | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 195517 View attachment 195518

The Duchess of Sussex is the guest editor on the September issue of British Vogue - and its cover features 15 'women she admires'.

The Duchess becomes the first royal to guest-edit the fashion bible, bringing together 15 'trailblazers' and 'changemakers' for a special 'Forces for Change' issue.

The line-up of women she admires includes celebrities, politicians and activists known for championing issues such as diversity, body positivity, transgender rights and climate change.

But not all royal fans were delighted by the edition. One online commenter tweeted it was 'vaccuous rubbish' and another called the magazine 'absolutely awful'.

Duchess of Sussex reveals magazine featuring 15 women in September issue of Vogue | Daily Mail Online

Very excellent. What we need in this world instead of the ugly ridiculousness we see.

16596856-7294709-The_Duchess_of_Sussex_is_the_guest_editor_on_the_September_issue-a-85_1564350076944.jpg
;) Pictured: Jacinda Ardern, Salma Hayek Pinault, Laverne Cox, Jameela Jamil, Yara Shahidi and Gemma Chan, Christy Turlington Burns, Adwoa Aboah, Adut Akech, Ramla Ali, Sinead Burke, Francesca Hayward, Jane Fonda, Greta Thunberg and Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

I claim to be a Marchioness of Glamorgan, please.

ETA::D I want a WS tartan as well.
A Real Game of Thrones: The Big Business of Buying and Selling Royal Titles

Yesterday I officially became Lord of Roscommon, Ireland. I had dreams of being addressed as Lord James everywhere I traveled. Of course, I would get the very best tables at restaurants and upgrades on airplanes. Ladies and Gents would be dazzled by my pedigree and I would be invited to only the best parties...

A quick search on the internet came up with some truly amazing “titles” for sale

...examples of what is available for purchase:
Lord / Lady $112,500, Baron / Baroness $142,500, Count / Countess $127,500,
Marquis/
Marchioness $142,500
and Prince / Princess $150,000.

- :( Unfortunately a real 'Marchioness' title is out of the question -

The British peerage encompasses the titles of Baron, Viscount, Earl, *Marquess*, and Duke. No peerage titles are capable of being bought or sold.

:D ^Good news: Whilst looking for info -'Glamorgan Tartan' I happened upon this:

:eek: GRIFFITHS
Griffiths001.jpg
HISTORY
From the old Welsh name Grippiud, which became Gruffudd. Modern Welsh is Gruffydd. It was frequented as a name of indigenous Welsh princes and leaders.
:p Then there's a large range of all sorts of 'personally-customised-tartan' novelties & products like;

ThomasPlaque.JPG

A Real Game of Thrones: The Big Business of Buying and Selling Royal Titles
Welsh Tartan Tartans | Griffiths

View attachment 195517 View attachment 195518

That Gucci dress looks cute. I wonder if we'll get to see her in it.

Vogue sold out the instant they put Kardashian on the cover

I agree.

Actually, I used a couple old issues for door stops.

The fall fashion issues became 500 pages of mostly advertising.

I loved the photography before digital - became disenchanted after the mid 2000s.

Harpers Bazaar has a great website.

Vogue will always be a big time pub. Meghan is a part of the next gen. Will be interesting to see how it is all received.

I agree.

Actually, I used a couple old issues for door stops.

The fall fashion issues became 500 pages of mostly advertising.

I loved the photography before digital - became disenchanted after the mid 2000s.

Harpers Bazaar has a great website.

Vogue will always be a big time pub. Meghan is a part of the next gen. Will be interesting to see how it is all received.

Condé Nast who publish Vogue is losing $100 million plus a year. I don’t think Vogue U.S will survive as a print publication in the long term.

- :( Unfortunately a real 'Marchioness' title is out of the question -

:D ^Good news: Whilst looking for info -'Glamorgan Tartan' I happened upon this:

:eek: GRIFFITHS

Can I be a regular Imperial Duchess? Please?

Our crest needs a lion for gregjrichards' cat. Rampant, or recumbent???

I actually have a family tartan in a Scot line, but it's a recent one. My Welsh people came from Glamorgan, while one of my Irish lines -- Roscommon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans