The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I was the only one who is close to tears when trying to open plastic packaging :oops: I attribute it to getting older and lacking the strength to do things that used to be relatively easy.
I hear you. After hubby seeing me take a pointy steak knife trying to find the near invisible perforated "open here" area and almost stabbing myself he requests i hand the packaging to him. It's Fort Knox :confused:

Trump joke gets Queen giggling at 75th D-Day anniversary

"...But the stars of the show were the elderly D-Day veterans who said they were surprised by all the attention.

The Royal British Legion has brought about 300 veterans, aged 91 to 101, to the ceremonies in Portsmouth, where many of the troops embarked for Normandy on June 5, 1944.

SEI_72341447.jpg

After a flyover by the Royal Air Force and a salute from the Royal Navy, **the veterans will return to the landing beaches overnight, just as they did 75 years ago**."

**What does that mean?:confused:

Trump joke gets Queen giggling at 75th D-Day anniversary
They chartered a ship to take the last surviving veterans of D Day over to Normandy for tomorrow's commemoration. I bet it's a poignant journey, they must be thinking of all their comrades who never came back.

What the heck is scalp reduction surgery?!?

Ivanka “often described the mechanics behind it to friends”, Wolff wrote. “An absolutely clean pate – a contained island after scalp reduction surgery – surrounded by a furry circle of hair around the sides and front, from which all ends are drawn up to meet in the center then swept back and secured by a stiffening spray.”

I thought I was the only one who is close to tears when trying to open plastic packaging :oops: I attribute it to getting older and lacking the strength to do things that used to be relatively easy.

OT—You’re not alone! My husband grits his teeth and angrily mutters “space age plastic” whenever he has to open an OTC med or other item encased in the stuff.

IIRC it all started with the Tylenol Murders so companies could CYA and avoid being sued.
Chicago Tylenol murders - Wikipedia

However Carol Burnett did a classic skit “Can You Open This” that may have preceded the Tylenol Murders. Enjoy!

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming. :D

They chartered a ship to take the last surviving veterans of D Day over to Normandy for tomorrow's commemoration. I bet it's a poignant journey, they must be thinking of all their comrades who never came back.
Phew...The way it was worded sounded like they were gonna be dropped-off on the beaches in the middle of the night ;)

"Ivanka “often described the mechanics behind it to friends”, Wolff wrote. “An absolutely clean pate – a contained island after scalp reduction surgery – surrounded by a furry circle of hair around the sides and front, from which all ends are drawn up to meet in the center then swept back and secured by a stiffening spray.”
chad.jpg

WOT?
:D

OMG! Can’t he get a fabulous toupee? That is beyond ugly. The world’s biggest yuge comb over

Being neither political nor inflammatory per mod request...
He actually slicked it back recently when he went to a church after golfing.
https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/donald-trump-new-hair-memes/

And then there were the “look alike” memes during the campaign.
48 Things That Look Just Like Donald Trump

Phew...The way it was worded sounded like they were gonna be dropped-off on the beaches in the middle of the night ;)
Just seen on the news that a 97 year old veteran who was parachuted behind enemy lines on D Day has done a parachute jump today to raise money for charity! So I wouldn't be too sure some of those veterans wouldn't still be fit to land on the beach in the middle of the night.

Last edited:
Just seen on the news that a 97 year old veteran who was parachuted behind enemy lines on D Day has done a parachute jump today to raise money for charity! So I wouldn't be too sure some of those veterans wouldn't still be fit to land on the beach in the middle of the night.
I was surprised how many of the veterans were at the ceremony today :)

The video of his jump is here:
The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members