The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting up at 5am, bombarding aides with texts and her eyebrow-raising fashion: Palace insiders reveal how Hurricane Meghan is shaking up the Royals six months after the wedding

The Queen is said to have expressed surprise that Meghan, a divorcee, wore quite such a white dress for her wedding – an elegant boat-necked creation from fashion house Givenchy. But then the future Duchess of Sussex was always going to do it (or more pertinently wear it) her own way.

It’s a boldness that has led to unease among some courtiers.

‘Meghan is being told she needs to start dressing less like a Hollywood star and more like a Royal,’ a source from one of the fashion teams which has visited Kensington Palace told The Mail on Sunday.

Palace insiders reveal how Hurricane Meghan is shaking up the Royals | Daily Mail Online

Oh dear I don’t think the Duchess is going to like this.

Getting up at 5am, bombarding aides with texts and her eyebrow-raising fashion: Palace insiders reveal how Hurricane Meghan is shaking up the Royals six months after the wedding

The Queen is said to have expressed surprise that Meghan, a divorcee, wore quite such a white dress for her wedding – an elegant boat-necked creation from fashion house Givenchy. But then the future Duchess of Sussex was always going to do it (or more pertinently wear it) her own way.

It’s a boldness that has led to unease among some courtiers.

‘Meghan is being told she needs to start dressing less like a Hollywood star and more like a Royal,’ a source from one of the fashion teams which has visited Kensington Palace told The Mail on Sunday.

Palace insiders reveal how Hurricane Meghan is shaking up the Royals | Daily Mail Online

Oh dear I don’t think the Duchess is going to like this.

What SHOULD matter, IMO, is whether the Queen and Prince Charles like this. Not what Meghan wants to do as an in-law in their family.
One either brings honor and favour or dishonor by one's actions. If she were 21 years old, it might be a " breath of fresh air" but since she's closer to 40, sometimes she embarrasses me as a fellow American living such a high-profile life in the U.K.

I don’t like how the press is trying to bring the Duchess of Sussex down. I think there is some truth to this report with assistants quitting but who knows.

Agree. I do wonder if the assistants departure/s are for reasons apart from Meghan. We know how the press loves to run with info such as this.

Agree. I do wonder if the assistants departure/s are for reasons apart from Meghan. We know how the press loves to run with info such as this.

I believe the reports that she is up early and trying to figure out her new role but I don't think that's a bad thing. In their engagement interview Prince Harry said one of the reasons he fell in love with her was her advocacy and desire to make real change in the world - and they can do that together from this position. I think if palace staff thought the Duchess of Sussex would just fall in line with what everyone else has done rather than work to accomplish what she and Prince Harry have said many times they want to do, they may be surprised or put off.

I believe the reports that she is up early and trying to figure out her new role but I don't think that's a bad thing. In their engagement interview Prince Harry said one of the reasons he fell in love with her was her advocacy and desire to make real change in the world - and they can do that together from this position. I think if palace staff thought the Duchess of Sussex would just fall in line with what everyone else has done rather than work to accomplish what she and Prince Harry have said many times they want to do, they may be surprised or put off.

I think the Duchess is a huge asset to the Royal family and they should utilise her to make a positive difference like she wants.

It will be great if she continues to have her own style. I don’t think she should have to dress like the Duchess of Cambridge just because she is a member of the Royal family. The Royals should let her dress as she wants as long as the outfits are classy and not too revealing.

I have read several articles about Dora, Meghan's Mother, moving to England to live with Meghan, and help her with the baby. Wonder what the royal family will think about this...and Harry...a Mother in Law, moving in..

I have read several articles about Dora, Meghan's Mother, moving to England to live with Meghan, and help her with the baby. Wonder what the royal family will think about this...and Harry...a Mother in Law, moving in..

Didn’t Kate’s mom live with them for many days at first? Then William has his ‘old’ Nanny step in until the current Nanny was hired?

I can see Dora stepping in and living with them for a short time but not permanently. Dora is her own person and even though she will love to watch her grand baby, I do not see it as permanently. I don’t see Meghan and Harry having Dora Permanenly around either. They will all need space....different from family to hired Nanny around all the time. Dora is young too, she needs her own place and time.

Time will tell....Dora full time or hired Nanny....wait and see....I will believe the KP release...media makes up to much.

I personally don’t think they would mind. Doria must have made a positive impression on the Royal family for the Queen to invite her to spend Christmas.

It would have been lovely if Doria moved into Nottingham cottage in Kensington Palace and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex moved into the apartment next to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

I personally don’t think they would mind. Doria must have made a positive impression on the Royal family for the Queen to invite her to spend Christmas.

It would have been lovely if Doria moved into Nottingham cottage in Kensington Palace and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex moved into the apartment next to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

That living arrangement would likely be very beneficial for Harry and Meghan, while still giving Doria a great deal of independence.
However, the " word" being put about now, and which was in the article I linked a couple of days ago about Harry and Meghan looking for a larger place to call home all came about because the current residents have apparently balked at moving out now that all the renovations are complete.

The current elderly residents of KP who occupy the very large apartment next to William and Kate are way down the line of blood relatives. I think the husband is a cousin to the Queen.

That living arrangement would likely be very beneficial for Harry and Meghan, while still giving Doria a great deal of independence.
However, the " word" being put about now, and which was in the article I linked a couple of days ago about Harry and Meghan looking for a larger place to call home all came about because the current residents have apparently balked at moving out now that all the renovations are complete.

The current elderly residents of KP who occupy the very large apartment next to William and Kate are way down the line of blood relatives. I think the husband is a cousin to the Queen.

I personally don’t know why an elderly couple like the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester who live alone would want a 21 room apartment. The rent must be fortune since it is no longer subsidised. I’m sure they would move if they were asked to by a senior member of the Royal family for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. I don’t think the story implying they are refusing to move is accurate.

I personally don’t know why an elderly couple like the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester who live alone would want a 21 room apartment. The rent must be fortune since it is no longer subsidised. I’m sure they would move if they were asked to by a senior member of the Royal family for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. I don’t think the story implying they are refusing to move is accurate.

Well, I go by what I see when evaluating the possible or probable truth of things. The apartment in questions has had a MASSIVE renovation, and it would seem that it's probably a lot more luxurious and also updated to be more comfortable with regards to modern features. Obviously Harry and Meghan have not moved into the apartment as had been planned, and the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester have not moved into other living quarters. I believe they've lived in the 21 room " apartment" for around 30 years.
I agree that if the Queen asked them to leave, they would leave, but I'm not sure that's how she does things regarding all the relatives living on properties belonging to the Crown.

It's easy to see the renovation is complete, and I'd definitely think Harry would want to move in post haste so they can plan a nursery and so forth. Maybe there's another delay cause, but in this case, who wouldn't want to stay after putting up with all the workmen and likely now having a mini- palace to spend their latter years in?

It goes both ways- there are arguments to make for the young couple expecting a baby, with Prince Harry being the son of the heir apparent, but as the Queen is likely also looking her mortality in the mirror, she may have a tenderness for the old Duke and Duchess of Gloucester. It's said that it's his wife, Brigetta, who doesn't want to move, not the actual blood relative to the Monarch.

I initially posted the article because it was upsetting to me that anyone would deny Harry the newly redone large residence. ( I guess I'm going to have to be less subtle, :) ).
If it's not at all true, I don't think the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester would have been named. I think the article would just have said " The apartment they were expected to move into next to Prince William and Catherine may not be available at the time Harry and Meghan need it". That's how I would have said it.

The security issues for Harry and Meghan would be considerable if they moved into another house in London. Buckingham palace seems like a fairly large place, maybe there is another apartment that they can live in...managing the Security for the royal family must be quite a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member