The British Royal Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if Harry has been orchestrating this whole thing all along.

I can understand after his mother's tragic death that he might not want to be part of the royal family at all. It was such a tender age for him and has had a lifelong impact on him. I'm not saying he picked Meghan deliberately because she is biracial, but he had to know how most of his wacky family (Princess Michael of Kent, anyone?) and the smut press in the UK would react.

Harry and William are not the same people and they have different personalities and histories. To expect them to react the same way to life events is unreasonable. I personally think Harry has always chafed at the rules of being royal (SS uniform, naked partying in Vegas and his many other indiscretions). For all we know, William may feel equally trapped, but has just chosen other methods to deal with the stress.

I think Hary found an out for himself, and his desire to protect his son and wife are his only priority now. More power to him!

I wish all three of them well.

Seriously. He served two tours in Afghanistan. He watched his beloved mother hounded to death. Now he has his own son, which is a game changer. And yet the crowds are screaming that he is being led by the nose by his wife.

It’s fairly clear that these two have been subjected to intense and hateful publicity and are seeking to get away from it. But a ravenous and cruel public can’t leave them alone. First it was constant nasty comments and racism. Now it’s bizarre statements that Markle is doing this to SEEK publicity. She wouldn’t have to! She had enough publicity where she was!

Then it’s all these demands that if these two refuse to be our public entertainment they better not receive any housing or monies from the royal family. Well it’s kind of hard to be financially independent at a regular job when you’re that well known. And much of the royal family’s wealth is through investments and inherited land. So if the royal family wants to let them have some property and private money, that’s their choice as it is any family’s choice.

I don’t get the weird obsession and hate.

Seriously. He served two tours in Afghanistan. He watched his beloved mother hounded to death. Now he has his own son, which is a game changer. And yet the crowds are screaming that he is being led by the nose by his wife.

It’s fairly clear that these two have been subjected to intense and hateful publicity and are seeking to get away from it. But a ravenous and cruel public can’t leave them alone. First it was constant nasty comments and racism. Now it’s bizarre statements that Markle is doing this to SEEK publicity. She wouldn’t have to! She had enough publicity where she was!

Then it’s all these demands that if these two refuse to be our public entertainment they better not receive any housing or monies from the royal family. Well it’s kind of hard to be financially independent at a regular job when you’re that well known. And much of the royal family’s wealth is through investments and inherited land. So if the royal family wants to let them have some property and private money, that’s their choice as it is any family’s choice.

I don’t get the weird obsession and hate.
Bravo, Gitana! Good to see you here.

The article is interesting, and the problem I see for the family, is that Meghan is not currently employed. She would not be able to file retroactively, based on previous employment, it would have to be based on current employment.

One issue that Prince Harry and Meghan may have, is the issue of "physical presence", you can't apply for Permanent resident, if you are flying to Europe or the United States every other week or so...that would break the conditions of the application process. No exigent circumstances for "royalty".

When people have wealth that enables them not to work (interest income, residuals, etc.) those are exceptions to immigration rules. Wealthy people can pretty much live wherever they want.

Robert Jobson

@theroyaleditor

sources say reports of an agreed interview with Ellen DeGeneres - or any interview - with #Harry & #Meghan are “categorically untrue.”

I’m glad to read this as it would be a PR disaster. The two of them need to stay out of the public eye for a while as people are must be getting scunnered reading about them and seeing them on the news.

I’m glad to read this as it would be a PR disaster. The two of them need to stay out of the public eye for a while as people are must be getting scunnered reading about them and seeing them on the news.
It's in the works. Mark it. That why they said it's not "agreed." That means the contract hasn't been signed yet. That's all. jmo

Bravo Gitana & La Louve for being aomgst some of the the voices in the wilderness. As Søren Kierkegaard once said: “..people are also spirit..” So many people forget to find a small bit of grace, fairness, understanding of a family going through their own personal hells. We have absolutely zero true conceptualization of what they are going through. We just surmise. We guess. Can we not dissect every point, every movement with a bit less snark?

And as I am sure y’all are bored with my quantum ramblings, there is no true objectivity, and none of us are free of bias. Not even at the sub-atomic level.

Trying to catch up. Am I right that the reports went as follows today:

Harry and Meghan are going on Ellen
Harry and Meghan are not going on Ellen

British doctor files trademark block
British doctor did not file trademark block

??

Oh dear ...

I know...I think that you were suggesting a few posts back that it is hard to know just how serious the Queen to take the usage of the name. Then I saw this...UGH
Wanted to say that
What?! I'm having a hard time following the article.... It is saying that that an imposter filled out the form to block the trademark? So, the trademark isn't actually blocked, afterall?

Duchess Kate: Kate Discusses Feeling "Isolated" & Returns To HMP Send Women's Prison For Survey Launch

Kate looks kind of tired today... beautiful, but tired. How I feel for Kate and Will during this whole “Megxit” crap. They seemed so close with Harry before. It must worry them and hurt immensely. I know if my brother in law and his wife decided to do the same I would be broken hearted.

Kate talks about her feelings as a new mother. Is she being raked over the coals as Meghan was when she talked about her feelings ?

A "notice of threatened opposition" was filed with the Intellectual Property Office, giving the complainant a month to lodge a formal objection.

That is now being rescinded, after an Australian doctor named in the filing said his details had been used without permission.

But since then, three more notices have been filed.

It is not yet clear on what basis the complainants might want to oppose the Sussex Royal trademark.

Prince Harry and Meghan's foundation applied to trademark the term - used on their website and social media - in June last year. The application covered products such as clothing and stationery, as well as campaigning and charitable fundraising.

Harry and Meghan's trademark bid challenged

...More at BBC.
Bbm: And the plot thickens.

If people didn’t know someone could file an opposition, they do now.

I think they are going to be asked, if not forced to give up the “Royal” in Sussex.

I think people were left really surprised by H&M’s exit. Like kids who don’t want to be talked out of a controversial decision they didn’t reveal in an above board way their plans or desires. The BRF is busy but I thought they were very accommodating and understanding over the festive period.

What made me step back and think ‘wait a minute’ was the launching of their website along with the surprise factor.

The BRF is a noble calling. No one exemplifies this better, or like Her Majesty the Queen.

So to me, after all the welcoming, and amazing gestures like Charles stepping in at the wedding, accommodation of their requests with Frogmore, households, recognizing M&H could carve out a unique role for themselves, the surprise factor of a Royal Dot Com business venture was so completely shortsighted, immature, and selfish, and self important.

Harry could have had these talks with his father anytime, and yet they chose to let it all play out in public.

That’s my beef with them. And it’s not surprising their trademark sussexroyal is coming under fire, and has opposition from the Australian doctor. People are going to find out more about why.

Does anyone think going on Ellen (if the rumor is true) dishing on royal life is going to garner sympathy? Diana had major regrets after her tell all interview.

To me, it’s a tragic loss of opportunity. One I think will impact Harry most of all. His mom, Princess Diana left a roadmap of what achieving greatness can look like. I completely respect his desire to work through his grief and fears, but I can’t help but feel to cut off his family in this way is going to be a major regret down the road.

Thankfully, I think QE, and Charles are acutely aware of M&H’s leap into a different life and the possible ramifications for them. And that’s why the doors have been left open...

Jmo.
Was the Royal Dot Com not approved by the Queen?
Given that the Royal Family is a brand, just like any other business, seems that they would not have had the legal right to launch a website without a coordinated effort.
Just curious if you know...

A "notice of threatened opposition" was filed with the Intellectual Property Office, giving the complainant a month to lodge a formal objection.

That is now being rescinded, after an Australian doctor named in the filing said his details had been used without permission.

But since then, three more notices have been filed.

It is not yet clear on what basis the complainants might want to oppose the Sussex Royal trademark.

Prince Harry and Meghan's foundation applied to trademark the term - used on their website and social media - in June last year. The application covered products such as clothing and stationery, as well as campaigning and charitable fundraising.

Harry and Meghan's trademark bid challenged

...More at BBC.
Bbm: And the plot thickens.

If people didn’t know someone could file an opposition, they do now.

I think they are going to be asked, if not forced to give up the “Royal” in Sussex.
In the original article I read, it just extends the review period by a month and is free, after the month they will then be asked if they want to pursue the objection and it then entails legal costs. Jobsworths if you ask me, just being a pain in the rear for no reason other than that they can.

EXCLUSIVE: Meghan Markle is planning to give her first interview to Ellen because she feels they are 'kindred spirits and host understands her pain and suffering' - as 'secretive' sit-down is expected to include Prince Harry

Meghan Markle plans to give first interview to Ellen because she understands her pain | Daily Mail Online
I would not be surprised if this is just a rumor. One would think that MM's first interview would be more on the caliber of a Barbara Walters type interview.
And if her PR and Agent allow this happen it will be a huge mistake from the sake of "positioning." This will set the tone for what league MM intends to play in and a daytime talkshow is far below where she and Harry should be. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa