The Candle Wax

I totally agree. Like so much else in this case, the WMPD was trying to manufacture a case against Damien Echols. I believe the term is that he (and the other two) were railroaded.

We'd better all be careful what books we read and check out from the library! Who knows when we will be held accountable for our tastes in literature? Sounds like Orwell's 1984 doesn't it?

You laugh, but if anyone I know gets murdered, and LE comes in here and looks through my computer, I'm gonna be sent away for a long long time. ;)

:eek:my computer,my books,my CD's,my movies....man,I'm screwed....I think I have at least 11 BLACK shirts in my closet as well....

You laugh, but if anyone I know gets murdered, and LE comes in here and looks through my computer, I'm gonna be sent away for a long long time. ;)

:eek:my computer,my books,my CD's,my movies....man,I'm screwed....I think I have at least 11 BLACK shirts in my closet as well....

I would say that we could all back you up, but I am afraid that my searches would send us all away, too.

I would say that we could all back you up, but I am afraid that my searches would send us all away, too.

But I own an Alice In Chains shirt. Proof that I'm into bondage. AND I grow and use herbs, proof that I am a witch. And witches lure unsuspecting children into their gingerbread houses and eat them up.

P.S. I also bake Gingerbread. I'm screwed.

But I own an Alice In Chains shirt. Proof that I'm into bondage. AND I grow and use herbs, proof that I am a witch. And witches lure unsuspecting children into their gingerbread houses and eat them up.

I went through a period when I was younger where I was curious about religion. I have books on tons of different religions, including Wicca, which makes me a witch, a copy of the Quran (and the Anarchist Cookbook--banned book phase, I also own an a copy of Little Black Sambo-an old Little Golden Book that was my aunt's when she was a child--must be racist too!), which makes me a terrorist. You can bet there isn't a room in the house that doesn't have candles in it. I am the same age as Damien and I refuse to get rid of my CDs or old concert T-shirts, just in case I need them later, and my CD collection, before I stopped buying them was the largest of any of my friends. I am certain that the Billie Holiday CDs will be looked over and only the Alice in Chains, Metallica, Lords of Acid and similar CDs would be the ones they would take in. There are pics of me at that age, and I doubt you could find a single one that was not of me dressed in black from head to toe. The kid's dad collects knives and before children we had Pitbulls in the yard, scorpions, snakes and tarantulas were pets and red belly piranha in the fish tank (to dispose of our victims, I would think). Immediately after my father died I was diagnosed (incorrectly, against my wishes and in my opinion at a time when no one needed to be diagnosing me of anything in the psych field in the first place) bi-polar, manic-depressive and I refused my medication after it made me worse than I was just being depressed about my father. Sadly, I too bake gingerbread and have an herb garden. But I have no tattoos! :) Think I should be allowed to raise these children?

I hope the prosecutors don't read here.
I hope we don't get prosecuted for future crimes either because now there's all this evidence against us in black and white.
Maybe we should just go ahead and confess to future crimes.

I think that's what the non supporters do not understand.Most of us can identify with the three,most of us know that could have been us !
Even if the three were guilty after all there should have never ever been an investigation and a trial based on a witch hunt in this day and age and I'll never stop being outraged about it !!!

I know I'm way off topic from the "candle wax " thread but my rant reminded me of "the strong points in the case" document on Callahans.Whoever hasn't seen it should look at it.
It's like ,seriously?????
http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/img/strong_points.html

lol I not only have an Alice in Chains tee but my 24 year old daughter and I are going to see Incubus in concert next week.

*My closet consist of many stylish black pieces. My toenail polish is black. I burn candles every night.

I too along with Mountain_Kat and claudicci am doomed. ;) :lol:

mo

I went through a period when I was younger where I was curious about religion. I have books on tons of different religions, including Wicca, which makes me a witch, a copy of the Quran (and the Anarchist Cookbook--banned book phase, I also own an a copy of Little Black Sambo-an old Little Golden Book that was my aunt's when she was a child--must be racist too!), which makes me a terrorist. You can bet there isn't a room in the house that doesn't have candles in it. I am the same age as Damien and I refuse to get rid of my CDs or old concert T-shirts, just in case I need them later, and my CD collection, before I stopped buying them was the largest of any of my friends. I am certain that the Billie Holiday CDs will be looked over and only the Alice in Chains, Metallica, Lords of Acid and similar CDs would be the ones they would take in. There are pics of me at that age, and I doubt you could find a single one that was not of me dressed in black from head to toe. The kid's dad collects knives and before children we had Pitbulls in the yard, scorpions, snakes and tarantulas were pets and red belly piranha in the fish tank (to dispose of our victims, I would think). Immediately after my father died I was diagnosed (incorrectly, against my wishes and in my opinion at a time when no one needed to be diagnosing me of anything in the psych field in the first place) bi-polar, manic-depressive and I refused my medication after it made me worse than I was just being depressed about my father. Sadly, I too bake gingerbread and have an herb garden. But I have no tattoos! :) Think I should be allowed to raise these children?

*GASP* You mean a mental health professional made a mistake?

I hope the prosecutors don't read here.
I hope we don't get prosecuted for future crimes either because now there's all this evidence against us in black and white.
Maybe we should just go ahead and confess to future crimes.

I think that's what the non supporters do not understand.Most of us can identify with the three,most of us know that could have been us !
Even if the three were guilty after all there should have never ever been an investigation and a trial based on a witch hunt in this day and age and I'll never stop being outraged about it !!!

I know I'm way off topic from the "candle wax " thread but my rant reminded me of "the strong points in the case" document on Callahans.Whoever hasn't seen it should look at it.
It's like ,seriously?????
http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/img/strong_points.html

I agree, especially about the callahan documents. What is so amazing to me is that nons harp on and on about reading the trial transcripts, as if no supporter has ever read them. Yes, the trial transcripts will make the three look guilty as hell, if you just read on the surface and/or if you don't read the pretrial hearing transcripts, too. Like this whole candle wax thing, very innocent things are given sinister meanings just so that the State could put Damien Echols on Death Row. Thank goodness that they have been stymied in that regard.

lol I not only have an Alice in Chains tee but my 24 year old daughter and I are going to see Incubus in concert next week.

*My closet consist of many stylish black pieces. My toenail polish is black. I burn candles every night.

I too along with Mountain_Kat and claudicci am doomed. ;) :lol:

mo

It's my son's music that'll get me in trouble, and, of course, my computer searches. I've searched about lividity, Rigor Mortis and untold other topics that make it look like I'm trying to figure out how to cover up a murder. Then, there's my black "Free the WM3" T-shirt. Move over, guys, I'm comin' in that cell, too.

It's my son's music that'll get me in trouble, and, of course, my computer searches. I've searched about lividity, Rigor Mortis and untold other topics that make it look like I'm trying to figure out how to cover up a murder. Then, there's my black "Free the WM3" T-shirt. Move over, guys, I'm comin' in that cell, too.

I see that you do not admit to owning candles. But then, a satan worshipper WOULD try to hide that, wouldn't they? *eyes Reader with suspicion*

:floorlaugh:

I see that you do not admit to owning candles. But then, a satan worshipper WOULD try to hide that, wouldn't they? *eyes Reader with suspicion*

:floorlaugh:

Sorry, I forgot about the candles! Yes, I, too, own numerous candles. Many of them smell nicely when burned, too. But that doesn't mean that I can't use them in my er, um "ceremonies" though.

I have the tshirt too and just last Friday removed my free the WM3 bumper sticker from my car. ;) I will enjoy you and the others as cell mates.

I've run some strange searches on my computer too due to my following crime cases.

Back to the topic of the candle wax. I'm right in the middle. :fence: It either means something important or it means nothing. Sorry for being so vague.

mo

I have the tshirt too and just last Friday removed my free the WM3 bumper sticker from my car. ;) I will enjoy you and the others as cell mates.

I've run some strange searches on my computer too due to my following crime cases.

Back to the topic of the candle wax. I'm right in the middle. :fence: It either means something important or it means nothing. Sorry for being so vague.

mo

IMO, if these murders had been the first ever Satanic ritual cult killings, the candle wax might have had significance. However, as that motive has gone bye bye, I really don't think there's any significance in it at all. I believe it was only noted and checked because of the whole idea that the State was trying to prove of a Satanic ritual killing.

What really pisses me off about the candle wax issue is the dishonest, underhanded way Fogelman planted the thought in the minds of the jurors. The defense asks for a report from Sakevicius (sp?) regarding the wax on the shirt and the candle wax on the book, and Fogelman tells them there was no report, because there was no match. But Fogelman, never one to let facts get in his way, introduces it into his closing argument anyway. (paraphrasing) "See that blue wax on the victims shirt? See this blue wax on a book? You tell me that isn't the same wax." Nevermind that an expert has already said the wax isn't a match, let's just turn lay people into experts, heck, why not?

Infuriating.

Yes, its like what they did with the Hollingsworth's testimony. The witnesses contradicted each other about the time, and testified that they'd seen Damien and Domini. The prosecution just cherry picked their own time, and arbitrarily substituted Jason for Domini with no supporting evidence.

Yes, its like what they did with the Hollingsworth's testimony. The witnesses contradicted each other about the time, and testified that they'd seen Damien and Domini. The prosecution just cherry picked their own time, and arbitrarily substituted Jason for Domini with no supporting evidence.

Right. Despite that fact that Hollingsworth insisted it was Domini, that she'd know her anywhere. But that doesn't fit the story, so the prosecution just says, "Oh, must have been Jason she saw!".

It's worse than ineptitude, it's a complete disregard for the truth. That's what I can't stand.

What really pisses me off about the candle wax issue is the dishonest, underhanded way Fogelman planted the thought in the minds of the jurors. The defense asks for a report from Sakevicius (sp?) regarding the wax on the shirt and the candle wax on the book, and Fogelman tells them there was no report, because there was no match. But Fogelman, never one to let facts get in his way, introduces it into his closing argument anyway. (paraphrasing) "See that blue wax on the victims shirt? See this blue wax on a book? You tell me that isn't the same wax." Nevermind that an expert has already said the wax isn't a match, let's just turn lay people into experts, heck, why not?

Infuriating.
I think it would be fitting for the entire prosecution team to spend the next 18 years in solitary confinement on death row.

IMO, if these murders had been the first ever Satanic ritual cult killings, the candle wax might have had significance. However, as that motive has gone bye bye, I really don't think there's any significance in it at all. I believe it was only noted and checked because of the whole idea that the State was trying to prove of a Satanic ritual killing.

Compassionate Reader,
I think you're absolutely right about that. The candle theory imo is trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. It doesn't work.

mo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley
Back