The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18 # 3

I dislike Wood so much. What a way to make a living. Defending the moral character of possible killers. No thanks, Wood.

Boy, you said it! Like I said, Wood's final judgment will come from God. Let's see him BS his way out of that one.

"Let there be no peace, saith the LORD, unto the wicked." Isaiah, 48:22

Suing over what? Revealing that a child could, in fact, cause a hole in another child's skull with a heavy object? I don't think you can sue over a scientific fact... :shame:

yippee!!
oh lin wood you are arrogant to the point of tunnel vision
lets get this show on the road :happydance:

FYI, it isn't Lin Wood. It's John Lesko, Burke's lawyer. Not that they aren't in deep cahoots. There is some serious cahootery going on here. First class cahootery and top shelf bastardosity.

"JonBenet Ramsey's brother is suing one of the forensic experts featured in the CBS documentary which theorized he killed his kid sister nearly 20 years ago.

Burke Ramsey filed the suit against Dr. Werner Spitz, but not for his comments on the CBS special, "The Case of: JonBenet Ramsey." Instead, Burke is going after the doctor for a radio interview he did with CBS Detroit ... in which Spitz said Burke bludgeoned JonBenet to death.

He's suing Spitz for defamation and seeking at least $150 million in damages, and a retraction."

http://www.tmz.com/

Hope it's ok to post TMZ info. Wow Burke wants $150 million! What will he want off CBS? I think we will need a separate lawsuit thread.

FYI, it isn't Lin Wood. It's John Lesko, Burke's lawyer. Not that they aren't in deep cahoots. There is some serious cahootery going on here. First class cahootery and top shelf bastardosity.
appreciate the clarification bill w but we all know whos really running the show!
have we got any info on John LESKO performance history?

appreciate the clarification bill w but we all know whos really running the show!
have we got any info on John LESKO performance history?

I think John Lesko was the rival love interest for Geena Davis in "The Fly". :)

Well, well, well. What are we to make of this?
1. Lin Wood blows up twitter with his threats to sue the pants off basically all of America but it's someone else who's actually representing Burke here. What's that about?
2. He's not suing The Case Of aka CBS aka the party that has truly "wronged" Burke and has the best, highest paid lawyers who have said they will defend the show in court. It's an individual who was on The Case Of who made the same comments off the set of The Case Of that he made while on the set of The Case Of. Sounds like someone thinks he'll be easy prey if they sue him outside the reach of CBS's legal team. Hmmm!!!!

Yeah, can we get a thread about this/these lawsuits? I am salivating for Burke to be deposed, people. Salivating!

Well, well, well. What are we to make of this?
1. Lin Wood blows up twitter with his threats to sue the pants off basically all of America but it's someone else who's actually representing Burke here. What's that about?
2. He's not suing The Case Of aka CBS aka the party that has truly "wronged" Burke and has the best, highest paid lawyers who have said they will defend the show in court. It's an individual who was on The Case Of who made the same comments off the set of The Case Of that he made while on the set of The Case Of. Sounds like someone thinks he'll be easy prey if they sue him outside the reach of CBS's legal team. Hmmm!!!!

Yeah, can we get a thread about this/these lawsuits? I am salivating for Burke to be deposed, people. Salivating!

This is why they're suing an individual: it's less likely to get to the deposition phase. The defamation case I was involved in took more than a year before it got to depositions and the woman being sued had, at that point, racked up six figures in legal fees. It's a long, drawn-out and exhausting process. It's easier (and less expensive) to just settle.

They're suing Dr. Spitz in particular, IMO, because they want the retraction, so they can later use it as "proof" that BR is innocent, as well as to discredit the CBS program: the expert Dr. Spitz says Burke didn't do it.

Also, it would make a lawsuit against CBS easier if they first forced Dr. Spitz into a retraction.

Early on, I remember hearing SBTC could mean Subic Bay Training Center, since JR was in the navy. Does anyone remember this? Saved by the cross sounds more like Patsy.

IMHO

In "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town," it's mentioned that JR had a picture behind his desk labeled "Subic Bay Training Center,." The Bible on his desk was also opened to Psalm 118:

Probably a coincidence, but I've always found it a chilling one.

Watch out, Burky. This lawsuit may backfire on you.

attachment.php

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    495.2 KB · Views: 724
Maybe Lin Wood isn't licensed to practice law in Michigan and that's why they had to go with a different one?

http://thelawdictionary.org/article/how-do-you-prove-a-defamation-of-character-claim/

Law Dictionary: How Do You Prove a Defamation of Character Claim?

"What Do You Have To Prove?

There are two things that you have to prove to be true in order to win a case of defamation of character in the court of law. First of all, you have to prove without a doubt that what was said or written about you is not true. Once you have proved that the statement is in fact false, you have to prove that the other person said the false statement with the intent of causing you some form of harm.

Slander and Libel
There are two different types of defamation of character. The first is when someone verbally says a false statement about you. This is referred to as slander. The second is when someone writes down or publishes a false statement about you. This is referred to as libel.

The Final Step

Once you have proven to the court of law that the statement made against you was in fact false the last step is proving that the statement caused some form of damage to you or your reputation. Most lawyers are going to tell you that despite being the last step in the process proving that a statement has caused you harm is the most difficult part of the process. First of all, there is a clear different between a statement having the potential to cause you problems and the statement actually causing you problems. It is only considered defamation of character if the statement has actually caused you harm, not if it has the potential to cause you harm.

In order to win the claim, you are going to need to prove that the false statement has always ruined your reputation. If you are a business owner, for example, you would need to prove how the statement has had a devastating impact on your business. The unfortunate truth is that this does mean you will have to wait for the false statement to cause problems in order for the court to take action against them."

Watch out, Burky. This lawsuit may backfire on you.

attachment.php

yeah like I was able to find them again LOL price you pay for making public documents. Tax bill for Burkey's house goes to a P O Box in Moab Utah where daddy lives I guess. Burkey is living in that town in Michigan where their vacation home was. Daddy is smart he bought it in 2011 when all the house prices were tanking, paid 135 for it ( im so nosey) LOL

Maybe Lin Wood isn't licensed to practice law in Michigan and that's why they had to go with a different one?
Let's hope so. I found the guy annoying as hell with his silly objections during those 2001 depositions.

JonBenet’s brother files suit against pathologist

Corey Williams, Associated Press 12:04 a.m. EDT October 7, 2016

Detroit — The brother of JonBenet Ramsey filed a defamation lawsuit Thursday against a Michigan forensic pathologist who told a Metro Detroit media outlet that Burke Ramsey killed his 6-year-old sister.

The complaint alleges that Dr. Werner Spitz said in a Sept. 19 interview that 9-year-old Burke bludgeoned JonBenet to death in 1996.

“Spitz made this accusation without ever examining JonBenet’s body, without viewing the crime scene, and without consulting with the pathologist who performed the autopsy on JonBenet,” the complaint filed in Wayne County Circuit Court in Detroit says...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...nets-brother-files-suit-pathologist/91713662/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back