The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Foxfire has any thoughts on this. He has mentioned budding serial killers acting violent as young as age 14 iirc, but 9 or 10? I'll pm him, curious as to his thoughts on this...

At the time of JonBenet’s murder, Burke was 9 years and 11 months old. He was 4 weeks shy of his 10[SUP]th[/SUP] birthday. In 1996, the year JonBenet was killed, the FBI reported that 257 children aged 14 or younger were arrested for murder or non-negligent manslaughter in the U.S. Of those, 16 arrests were for boys under the age of 10 and another 14 arrests involved boys aged 10-12. During that same year, 61 boys under the age of 10 were arrested for forcible rape. An additional 335 boys were arrested for this crime who were between the ages of 10 and 12 years old.

Violent crimes committed by young offenders are deeply shocking, disturbing, and quite rare. But tragically, they DO happen.

And JonBenet’s murder is full of extremely rare anomalies. For example – the 2 ½ page ransom note found by Patsy is the longest ever in recorded FBI history. And the number of instances when a child has been thought to have been taken for ransom but then found murdered in their home? Only once – the JonBenet murder case.

History sadly shows us that – although extremely atypical – even young children are capable of one-time violent offenses, no matter how unpleasant and extremely disquieting that is to comprehend.

Just want to throw this out there...being BR seems to have an issue with not be the center of attention do you think if in a relationship that he is not number one this could hapeen again?

Was a car from the train set ever considered as a possible weapon? There is an Lionel train set at my work location and the cars are much heavier than a cheaper set. In fact, I was surprised by how heavy one single car was.

I don't think the R's can do anything to them 20 years later. I think friends and neighbors are just tired of this case and want to lead quiet, out of the spotlight lives.

Has it been mentioned whether close friends of the Ramsey's alienated them in the days, months and years following the death?

How do we know the garrote was made that night specifically for that crime? Could it already have been there made for another use or just to practice tying knots?

OMG that guy getting tazed twice. That was hard to watch.

How do we know the garrote was made that night specifically for that crime? Could it already have been there made for another use or just to practice tying knots?

It would entail breakng a paint brush for the purpose of general knot tying practice, then later inserting parts of the broken brush into JB's vagina in a moment of truly inspired staging.

I just don't understand why PR and JR would write a three page ransom note only to leave her dead body In the house then call police instead ot driving her body off somewhere to hide it perhaps bury her and if found blame the kidnapper Why leave her body in the house? This does not make much sense to me.

I just don't understand why PR and JR would write a three page ransom note only to leave her dead body In the house then call police instead ot driving her body off somewhere to hide it perhaps bury her and if found blame the kidnapper Why leave her body in the house? This does not make much sense to me.
Well, it would make less sense for a kidnapper who's primary motive was money to leave it there instead of just taking the body for a shot at the money. But you're right, it's odd. I'm guessing they felt like if they DID hide it, the case would lead back to them eventually. I do believe they were involved, so whatever they did, assuming they really were involved, worked. Everything contradicts itself with this case.

I just don't understand why PR and JR would write a three page ransom note only to leave her dead body In the house then call police instead ot driving her body off somewhere to hide it perhaps bury her and if found blame the kidnapped? Why leave her body in the house? This does not make much sense to me.

It's a stumbling block for me too. Once they staged the crime scene they have all the time in the world before reporting it to police. Why wouldn't a couple so concerned with directing the investigation else where do the most basic obvious thing and dispose of the body outside the home?

It's a stumbling block for me too. Once they staged the crime scene they have all the time in the world before reporting it to police. Why wouldn't a couple so concerned with directing the investigation else where do the most basic obvious thing and dispose of the body outside the home?

I don't disagree with you at all, but one thing that occurred to me regarding the time piece is that they actually theoretically only had until their plane was scheduled to leave. And it was early, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't disagree with you at all, but one thing that occurred to me regarding the time piece is that they actually theoretically only had until their plane was scheduled to leave. And it was early, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point. Still though, you don't have to take it to Timbuktu, just anywhere but the house.

This reminds me of the Caylee Anthony case. Casey originally said she was kidnapped then later found thrown away like trash in a Winnie the Pooh blanket and laundry bag in a trash bag from the Anthony home with her mouth duct taped with a heart sticker on it from Casey's room. Tried to make it look like she was kidnapped.

Well, it would make less sense for a kidnapper who's primary motive was money to leave it there instead of just taking the body for a shot at the money. But you're right, it's odd. I'm guessing they felt like if they DID hide it, the case would lead back to them eventually. I do believe they were involved, so whatever they did, assuming they really were involved, worked. Everything contradicts itself with this case.
If it was a kidnapping, the primary motive wasn't money.

A-! Show tonight! Now we also have Burke saying from the Dr. Phil show saying he was up after he went to bed & JB may have eaten pineapple, which means she was up later too. My money is on Burke.

So, if due to pressure the evidence is re-tested and the case is re-opened, if push came to shove would Burke take the total fall himself, as he can't be prosecuted as he was under the age of 10? Would the statute of limitations be up on any charges John could face short of murder?

This reminds me of the Caylee Anthony case. Casey originally said she was kidnapped then later found thrown away like trash in a Winnie the Pooh blanket and laundry bag in a trash bag from the Anthony home with her mouth duct taped with a heart sticker on it from Casey's room. Tried to make it look like she was kidnapped.

Yes if you ignore the element of JB's sexual assault and the presence male DNA foreign to the Ramsey home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246