The Charges Against Jesse Leroy Matthew

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we have thus far:

17. JM was accused of rape in 2002 in college. The police were involved. He was not charged. He was, however, expelled from college due to the allegation of rape.

Serious question-Do we know if he was expelled for the rape allegation or because sex, even consensual sex, is against LU's rules?

I think the abduction with intent to defile charge is based on the account of the doorperson who claimed to have seen JM walking off with HG in such a way that it appeared that he was holding her up. Under those circumstances the law would say that she was incapable of consenting to go anywhere and that would constitute abduction, particularly since he didn't know her and she has since disappeared. The intent to defile part is just guessing IMO, and probably based on the argument that that would be the only reasonable motive to carry someone off under the circumstances of the case.

Serious question-Do we know if he was expelled for the rape allegation or because sex, even consensual sex, is against LU's rules?

I believe it would be the latter.

I think the abduction with intent to defile charge is based on the account of the doorperson who claimed to have seen JM walking off with HG in such a way that it appeared that he was holding her up. Under those circumstances the law would say that she was incapable of consenting to go anywhere and that would constitute abduction, particularly since he didn't know her and she has since disappeared. The intent to defile part is just guessing IMO, and probably based on the argument that that would be the only reasonable motive to carry someone off under the circumstances of the case.

I don't think it was just a guess. I'm betting police found their mixed DNA (semen and vaginal fluid) in his car, and possibly some signs of a struggle.

I was thinking about what we really know to be facts, and it's very little. I'm not so sure what we assume to know would be admissible at trial. That said, I don't think we're going to hear too much more from police, and I doubt we'll hear what DNA or other evidence was found until the trial.

Given what little we do know from police, that witnesses place him with Hannah at Tempo's, and saw them leave together, that he was seen walking with her on video, that he was the last person seen with her that night on the mall, that he fled and was found 1300 miles away, would it necessarily prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt? I don't think so. That's why there has to be more for the CA to agree to the charges.

I don't think it was just a guess. I'm betting police found their mixed DNA (semen and vaginal fluid) in his car, and possibly some signs of a struggle.

I'm betting not :)

I'm betting not :)

So at this point the only "evidence" is that JM was the last person Hannah was seen with in public before she disappeared? No one saw her get into his car and no forensic evidence has been released that connects her to his car or anywhere else with him. Based on this JM is charged with kidnapping with intent to defile. I lived in northern Virginia for 10 years and if I were a black man who was the focus of a police investigation based on seemingly flimsy evidence I would run too. Especially if I was innocent. I'm not saying this is racial in that "it must be the black guy who did it" but racism does exist with people being treated differently..

There is something that's not quite right about this investigation. Who releases a wanted poster based on a traffic infraction? Guilty or innocent I am appalled by that. JM could very well be responsible for Hannah's disappearance but I am not seeing evidence to support it right now. Not a popular opinion I know.

:dunno:

So at this point the only "evidence" is that JM was the last person Hannah was seen with in public before she disappeared? No one saw her get into his car and no forensic evidence has been released that connects her to his car or anywhere else with him. Based on this JM is charged with kidnapping with intent to defile. I lived in northern Virginia for 10 years and if I were a black man who was the focus of a police investigation based on seemingly flimsy evidence I would run too. Especially if I was innocent. I'm not saying this is racial in that "it must be the black guy who did it" but racism does exist with people being treated differently..

There is something that's not quite right about this investigation. Who releases a wanted poster based on a traffic infraction? Guilty or innocent I am appalled by that. JM could very well be responsible for Hannah's disappearance but I am not seeing evidence to support it right now. Not a popular opinion I know.

:dunno:

clarabelle, I honor your opinion but respectfully disagree.. Who lawyers up and then attempts to evade justice by travelling over 1270 miles away in their sister's vehicle, if they have nothing to hide? JM refuses to assist or cooperate with investigators whose primary mission is to locate HG and return her safely to her family and friends, or seek justice if she has met with foul play.. Imo, this speaks volumes as to JM's guilt. This in not normal behavior for an innocent person irregardless of their race..
JM, has escaped consequences for his actions time and time again for over a decade due to political correctness and his many enablers, imo.

Thanx for sharing, Hoosgirl... So the primary suspect in an abduction/sexual assault/and likely homicide of HG, imo, is seeking donations? Unbelievable..

'Check's in the mail'...not..

Who lawyers up and then attempts to evade justice by travelling over 1270 miles away in their sister's vehicle, if they have nothing to hide?
Someone who is sick of LE stalking him and/or someone who is frightened. If he wanted to get out of the country, he would have. Only a real idiot (which I don't believe he is) could exist on the run with no money or help.
JM refuses to assist or cooperate with investigators whose primary mission is to locate HG and return her safely to her family and friends, or seek justice if she has met with foul play.. Imo, this speaks volumes as to JM's guilt.His attorney likely told him to clam up. All defense attorneys recommen.d that. What if JM had told LE that he did take her in the car, had sex, and then let her out somewhere. Do you think anyone would believe him? Do you think anyone is going to believe anything he says? That's why he is silent. Let the attorney do the talking and put the burden of proof on LE. This in not normal behavior for an innocent person irregardless of their race..Why does everything have to be normal? People think oddly under stress. Everyone doesn't think the same. What you would do, is not what someone else might do.
JM, has escaped consequences for his actions time and time again for over a decade due to political correctness and his many enablers, imo. Bull.
Longo wanted to arrest him the day they searched his car, but couldn't get permission. He was jumping the gun on the arresting. And yes, they went way overboard with the 'wanted' poster for reckless driving. I do not like the way LE is handling this case. And really, it is getting more attention than a lot of other crimes of greater magnitude imo.

Thanx for sharing, Hoosgirl... So the primary suspect in an abduction/sexual assault/and likely homicide of HG, imo, is seeking donations? Unbelievable..
'Check's in the mail'...not.. It was rude of you to write that on his FP donation page.
Blue writing is mine.

We spoke with legal anaylist Bob Roberts who shares whats next in this case.

"He will have a preliminary hearing, he will go before a judge and the judge will ask 'do you understand the charges against you', do you have counsel,” said Roberts, "then within a certain number of days or weeks, or probably shorter than that, the case will be presented before a grand jury."

Roberts says the entire case could run around 9 months.

http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/...-Matthew-in-Hannah-Graham-Case-277380361.html

Is this a common thing at universities in America? It strikes me as odd that someone of legal age would be expelled for having consensual sex? I'm confused. Im from Australia and I couldn't imagine anyone getting expelled from university here, or even kicked out of on campus housing.

Is this a common thing at universities in America? It strikes me as odd that someone of legal age would be expelled for having consensual sex? I'm confused. Im from Australia and I couldn't imagine anyone getting expelled from university here, or even kicked out of on campus housing.

IIRC, it was a Christian university. Is that right? If that is the case, the school would have rules about conduct and not allow sex between unmarried people.

IIRC, it was a Christian university. Is that right? If that is the case, the school would have rules about conduct and not allow sex between unmarried people.

Oh, I didn't realise until I read the thread about the 2002 alleged sexual assault. My bad! We don't have any Christian universities here, didn't even think of that!

clarabelle, I honor your opinion but respectfully disagree.. Who lawyers up and then attempts to evade justice by travelling over 1270 miles away in their sister's vehicle, if they have nothing to hide? JM refuses to assist or cooperate with investigators whose primary mission is to locate HG and return her safely to her family and friends, or seek justice if she has met with foul play.. Imo, this speaks volumes as to JM's guilt. This in not normal behavior for an innocent person irregardless of their race..
JM, has escaped consequences for his actions time and time again for over a decade due to political correctness and his many enablers, imo.

Your points are very valid Foxfire and I don't disagree with your thinking. But I can easily come up with explanations as to why a person might behave that way if innocent. Respectfully, we are both speculating on circumstances and not facts. I think I am so appalled by how LE has handled this (not "quite" releasing his name as a POI, the social security number being "leaked", the wanted poster) that I am having a hard time believing they had actual evidence. I have seen politics and the legal system overstep boundaries in Virginia so I am a bit suspicious.

HOWEVER....
reading the recent tweet linking evidence from JM to Morgan Harrington I have to admit a stronger case seems to be developing about JMs guilt. Will go look into this breaking news now and see what they have.

Still appalled by LEs behavior but happy if they have the right man and removed a killer from the streets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph