The Charges Against Jesse Leroy Matthew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though Hannah's disappearance is getting a lot of coverage, I don't think JLM's trial is going to be that big outside of Virginia. There are a lot of cases that are big when they happen, but not so much when the trial happens. Most cases of a missing woman or child abducted by an acquaintance or stranger are like that. The disappearance has sensational factors like the manhunt, searches w/ drones, camera footage...I am not sure how the trial will stand out. I do not think they will have one trial for all his possible murders and rapes, since some happened in different jurisdictions.

For all we know is DNA from his underarms putting his arms around her - which is known he did... they need to find her, one way or another to build this case...

This is a little odd to me.... because from 2002 to 2005 there is a 3 year span.
2005-2009 there is a 4 year span.
2009-2014 there is a 5 year span.
Kinda odd.... of course, seriously there are perhaps many more victims unknown at this time.

The abduction ‘with intent to defile’ (a legal term for sexual assault) of UVA student Hannah Graham in September 2014.
The murder of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington in October 2009
Sexual assault of a 26-year-old woman in Fairfax, Virginia, in September 2005
Rape of a Liberty University student in October 2002

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-coped-raped-murdered-2009.html#ixzz3EvwR3He0
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

There are only gaps just because all the dots haven't been connected yet, IMO

Fox News by me said today's hearing was for bail on the reckless driving charges. Camblos waived bail, he knowns darn well JM isn't getting out on bail.

the appalachian trail
http://www.2havefun.com/virginia/maps/nelsoncounty.shtml

maybe they are searching along blue ridge parkway? locals, is that like a scenic route that runs through mountain valleys parallel to 29? would it make sense for him to have gone down blue ridge pky?

if so, they will need to call in the drones to search again.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d6/Blueridgeparkwaylookingglassrock.jpg

i'm surprised the family hasn't asked LE to negotiate with him in exchange for Hannah's location. I'm not saying they should or shouldn't, but as a mom, I don't think I could handle not having a body for a funeral. I would need that "closure" - the gaping wound of such a loss never closes, I'm sure, but you know what I mean.

couldn't they give him life in prison rather than the death penalty in exchange for Hannah's location? Maybe it's still too soon for such negotiations.

We don't know what LE has on JM. He might well have a good chance of walking on these two charges and even get LE chastized and the DA fired for them being so trumped up with what is out there now. We have no idea what the DNA or forensic link is. IT could be very weak.

Though I personally believe that VA LE has caught a serial rapist/killer, without Hannah's body, it may be an uphill fight to get any charges to stick, much less result in conviction. There is a bar that has to be met for evidence to be so entered in court case. His behavior and the college cases aren't not likely to be considered prime evidence, if at all. I do believe it shows a pattern of behavior and will be admissable, but really without some strong stuff more than LE is sharing with us I don't see him necessarily getting convicted. We have no idea what the forensice link is to the MH case, none at all. With MH's remains being skeletal, according to reports, what DNA could they possibly have found on her after lying there out in the elements for 4 months? I'm interested in what was found and where. I think they found a match maybe on that shirt that was found near the stadium, not near MH's body, serious. JM, if placed in the area there at that time could have touched it and not MH. Yeah, I know, not likely on a reasonable basis, but if he weren't in the spotlight now in the Hannah Graham case, doubt that would have had him in trouble. And not a word has been said , has it about a link to that rape case that is DNA linked to MH's case? Or has it? No charges filed on either at this time, in any case.

Usually cops love to pile it on with charges. You get stopped for something, they find a beer with a little left in it, you ran a light, etc, etc, they can have you up to 6, 7 charges, some of them superfluous and a lawyer will usually sweep it down to a core charge which he will then try to have reduced. So that all they have on the table is the Reckless driving and Assault with intent to defile, (and probably some flight charges that I've yet to hear) is indicative that LE and the DA are moving very slowly and carefullly, or they don't have anything. Texas now has some charges regarding false info to police, but all of that is not the issue at all. If there weren't publicity on this case, if it weren't for Hannah being missing right now., I don't know what the risk is for JM. His lawyer has not said much at all. It seems to me he is waiting it out before speaking, and unless there is more evidence in LE's coffers, JM might walk. We don't know.

We don't know what LE has on JM. He might well have a good chance of walking on these two charges and even get LE chastized and the DA fired for them being so trumped up with what is out there now. We have no idea what the DNA or forensic link is. IT could be very weak.

Though I personally believe that VA LE has caught a serial rapist/killer, without Hannah's body, it may be an uphill fight to get any charges to stick, much less result in conviction. There is a bar that has to be met for evidence to be so entered in court case. His behavior and the college cases aren't not likely to be considered prime evidence, if at all. I do believe it shows a pattern of behavior and will be admissable, but really without some strong stuff more than LE is sharing with us I don't see him necessarily getting convicted. We have no idea what the forensice link is to the MH case, none at all. With MH's remains being skeletal, according to reports, what DNA could they possibly have found on her after lying there out in the elements for 4 months? I'm interested in what was found and where. I think they found a match maybe on that shirt that was found near the stadium, not near MH's body, serious. JM, if placed in the area there at that time could have touched it and not MH. Yeah, I know, not likely on a reasonable basis, but if he weren't in the spotlight now in the Hannah Graham case, doubt that would have had him in trouble. And not a word has been said , has it about a link to that rape case that is DNA linked to MH's case? Or has it? No charges filed on either at this time, in any case.

Usually cops love to pile it on with charges. You get stopped for something, they find a beer with a little left in it, you ran a light, etc, etc, they can have you up to 6, 7 charges, some of them superfluous and a lawyer will usually sweep it down to a core charge which he will then try to have reduced. So that all they have on the table is the Reckless driving and Assault with intent to defile, (and probably some flight charges that I've yet to hear) is indicative that LE and the DA are moving very slowly and carefullly, or they don't have anything. Texas now has some charges regarding false info to police, but all of that is not the issue at all. If there weren't publicity on this case, if it weren't for Hannah being missing right now., I don't know what the risk is for JM. His lawyer has not said much at all. It seems to me he is waiting it out before speaking, and unless there is more evidence in LE's coffers, JM might walk. We don't know.

The only walk JM is gonna do is a 'Perp Walk', imo...

They have him on video stalking HG and he was the last known person to be with her per witness testimony. Add ANY forensic evidence to the mix, and there is no way that LE will get chastised or the DA fired. JMO.

WMFY reporting that JM did not do his court appearance today. I read somewhere that his attorney asked for a continuance
https://twitter.com/hashtag/HannahGraham?src=hash

Does anyone know anything about this? Could this be tied to the search in Nelson county? Maybe they struck a deal with JM??

It makes me sad when I think that a more proactive stance by the campus police at Liberty University, or at CNU could have saved the lives of at least two young women.
Rape is not taken seriously by law enforcement.
Just look at the situation recently unveiled at Memphis, TN. 12,000 unprocessed rape kits!
How many women have been victimized, and maybe murdered by the perps who are going undetected
because the city can't be bothered (they say can't afford) to process the kits?

http://www.endthebacklog.org/blog/memphis’s-12000-untested-rape-kits

Since the NFL is non profit and so many players and football players such as JLM are involved in Rape, maybe the NFL could donate money so that rape kits can be processed,

It makes me sad when I think that a more proactive stance by the campus police at Liberty University, or at CNU could have saved the lives of at least two young women.
Rape is not taken seriously by law enforcement.
Just look at the situation recently unveiled at Memphis, TN. 12,000 unprocessed rape kits!
How many women have been victimized, and maybe murdered by the perps who are going undetected
because the city can't be bothered (they say can't afford) to process the kits?

http://www.endthebacklog.org/blog/memphis’s-12000-untested-rape-kits

Not just a Memphis, TN problem, Priester...

http://www.wxyz.com/news/100-serial...-from-detroit-crime-lab-are-finally-processed

DETROIT (WXYZ) - "I was in shock. I was outraged and I just assumed kits were being tested," said actress Mariska Hargitay about the thousands of rape kits in Detroit and across the country that have been left sitting in storage without being processed, allowing rapists to remain free to attack again. And they often do.

Over 11,000 sexual assault kits, some dating back to the 1980's, were found abandoned in a Detroit Police storage facility back in 2009.
<sniped - read more>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members