The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 10th July - Trial Day 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
With regard to Gerard's testimony...I called 000 early on my sisters advice,I called insurance company early on my dad's advice.He sounds unsure,insecure,unable to make a decision on his own behalf. Is this a ploy for a later plea of diminished responsibility or insanity? A bet hedged? Given his history of lies and deception I hope no one will buy into his stories or end of bedtime lullabies ever again. Never ever again!

Are there people sitting around NOW waiting for verdict??? Do they rock up at 9am tomorrow in case??? What do the families do?

Yes, people sit around till 4pm hoping for a verdict. This part of the case is by far the worst. Lawyers, judge, families, public are fueled on nervous energy.

Fear of the unknown. My guess is there'll be a verdict tomorrow.

Hello Greg. Pleased to meet you.
Good post. I too thought this guy had "bumped her off."
Greg, I am assuming you are a male .......
I came to the same conclusion ....
Not using words like ..... "This guy has bumped her off..."
I used words like ....."This guy is lying about something."
And ; RED FLAG alert
Something is not right here.
Oh, I do wish the Jurers could view that video.

But jurors would have seen that video if they watch the nightly news. This is the thing that confuses me about juries, their selection and the whole media ban thing. Allison was killed over 2 years ago - these jurors have been exposed to the same media as the rest of us for at least two years. They may have been part of facebook discussion pages, and sites like this one for all we know. Unless during selection are they asked specifically if they have been - what do you think? If not, and you (general you here at WS) had been called for duty on this specific jury, would you have raised your hand and told the court that you weren't a suitable jury candidate for this case?

Hardened crims, murderers and pedophiles should be housed in the Simpson dessert. Firstly put them inside a big high fence, secondly give them good soil and water to grow their own food, they can live on ferrel pigs and rabbits and then give them bricks and tin to build and fend for themselves. Oh and a shovel and some stinging nettles for toilet.
They want to murder and rape, good, they can murder and rape each other.
I'm sick to the stomach to think a pedophile gets better treatment than our pensioners.

Is that the answer to your question AAAA or would like the harsh version? :/

No, that's pretty much it in a nutshell. Totally agree.

What if another car followed the Captiva (with Allison and blood rivulet) to Khoho Creek and the muddy/leaf shoed Captiva driver drove the second vehicle away and the clean shoed driver drove the Captiva away. Then there are no Kholo Creek traces in the Captiva and the unknown second vehicle is never known and never checked, but has the Kholo Creek traces in it. MOO

Hi KG1 :) I doubt there was any mud because it hadn't rained till after Allison was murdered and the murderer didn't go down near the creek, just under the bridge and rolled Allison down from the concrete pylon. I wish there was footage if there was a second vehicle.

I hear a sound like that sometimes like a clash of metal.
It could be exploding head syndrome.
http://insomnia.ygoy.com/exploding-head-syndrome/

Quote Originally Posted by Frisbee View Post
Last night I was in bed around midnight trying to sleep and mulling a few things over in my mind on all of this.

Just as I was dropping off to sleep I received a "message".

It was in the form of a very loud clanging metal door....

TF .. How strange ,,, I do not have trouble getting to sleep normally .. but the age it starts is exactly my age ... weird.

Wasn't there mention of the document originating in the USA? I think the judge even commented that the jurors did not need material from overseas jurisdictions.

I keep thinking about this.
What was the Juror thinking! to do this?
And why that specific document? An American document for an Australian Court?
Were they being negligent intentionally?They had been told quite specifically what they could and could not do. Was this a way to say "The Judge didnt say I couldn't look this up - its American Court legal stuff'"
Bl@@dy hell - that smack to me of a BC type of evasiveness.

If that Juror 'had' (or 'hadn't') used this document, but just because it was in their possession at the time of the full Jury's determination stage, and lets say the verdict had been decided and given, could it be caused a mistrial (or whatever it might be called) and on a technicality could GBC verdict be void.
I'm glad this document was found and there was some very swift intervention and correction!

(sorry no legal speak) I hope that makes sense.

The Dickies dont need this sort of stress.
Their daughters answer to Justice is in these peoples hands.

Though I wonder what the BC Clan thought of this...

Eammon Atkinson ‏@EAtkinson7 2m

#BadenClay jury has asked for a copy of the judge's summary. Prosecution and Defence don't want them to have it.

Judge has told jury he will re-read parts of his summary if they want to be reminded of it. #BadenClay

Seems like a cheats way of trying to avoid going through all the evidence and statements and going for the short version. Both sides would want them to consider all the things they said not the cliff notes.

I delved a little deeper & have just heard this is in fact correct. The interfering with a corpse charge has been dropped & GBC is on trial for just the murder charge.

do they believe someone else moved the body...?

Wasn't the interfering as a corpse charge referred to in the opening addresses??

I keep thinking about this.
What was the Juror thinking! to do this?
And why that specific document? An American document for an Australian Court?
Were they being negligent intentionally?They had been told quite specifically what they could and could not do. Was this a way to say "The Judge didnt say I couldn't look this up - its American Court legal stuff'"
Bl@@dy hell - that smack to me of a BC type of evasiveness.

If that Juror 'had' (or 'hadn't') used this document, but just because it was in their possession at the time of the full Jury's determination stage, and lets say the verdict had been decided and given, could it be caused a mistrial (or whatever it might be called) and on a technicality could GBC verdict be void.
I'm glad this document was found and there was some very swift intervention and correction!

(sorry no legal speak) I hope that makes sense.

The Dickies dont need this sort of stress.
Their daughters answer to Justice is in these peoples hands.

Though I wonder what the BC Clan thought of this...

Personally I think it a case of a normal layperson not knowing what the rules are and wanting to have the info. Not quite hearing the judges direction. He/she is probably regretting it now.m

Sitting here in my trackies watching The Footy Show while hubby has ducked off to bed with a sore throat....All feeling a bit too raw tonight as we hold our collective breaths and hold our virtual hands behind the Dickies and those three beautiful girls tonight. Allison will be remembered forever while the person that took her from the world will be locked away and forgotten in a cold, dark cell.

IMOO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I cannot see any logical way for manslaughter. Either you think he killed her or you don't. If you think he killed her you believe she caused the scratches to his face which means it wasn't a sudden accidental death and at minimum he was intending to cause grievous bodily harm which lead to her death = intent = murder.

Bumping this up for anyone who may have missed it....

Can we start a new poll -- what do you think the verdict should be?

It'd be different to the first one in that people started voting on it before all the evidence was heard and also this one would be what you think it should be not what you think it will be... closer to a juror's vote.

Personally I think it a case of a normal layperson not knowing what the rules are and wanting to have the info. Not quite hearing the judges direction. He/she is probably regretting it now.m
My bold

Yes AAAA, I hope they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members