The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 10th July - Trial Day 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marly, a quick question before we start. Is there a view first unread on this new format like on the last, or do you have to scroll down? I'm on an ipad. TIA.

Hi AAAA on the first toolbar above the Thread details in light blue.

Alioops - You know I am hopeless with these captiva seats - is there room to tuck a tarp/plastic paint sheet between the wheel arch and where the seats fold down. to secure the sheet in place? Cause if the plastic had protected the material of the seats from the blood and allowed the blood to drip through - maybe that is how the blood started the 'rivulet'?
I think so. It would be a tight fit but you could put something thin like plastic between the seat and the wheel hub. I don't think he pulled the seat up though. He would have no reason to do so. This only happened when the police did it I believe.
Edit. If there was no blood on the edge of the seat then there must have been something between the seat edge and wheel arch. Otherwise no way of avoiding blood on the seat edge. My seat edge was soaked in water. I have the leather seats so it couldn't soak in as much as the cloth seats the BC captiva had, though I am not sure what the seat edges are on their model.

Good morning all.
Coffee in hand.
Heater on.
Looking forward to sharing the morning with you all.
:seeya:
morning; me too but I ALSO have hot donuts could cyber send u one if u wish

Yes....it would be useful if they had their Mother around to give them resilience training....because they are going to need it..
Forever in our hearts��❤️Al's girls

Alioops - You know I am hopeless with these captiva seats - is there room to tuck a tarp/plastic paint sheet between the wheel arch and where the seats fold down. to secure the sheet in place? Cause if the plastic had protected the material of the seats from the blood and allowed the blood to drip through - maybe that is how the blood started the 'rivulet'?

Liadan
I have been thinking about that too. I now think that he had Allison's body wrapped in plastic so there was no blood above the seats but if the plastic had been in between the folded down seat, some may have dripped down. Does this make sense? In other words he (or they!) saw no blood to be cleaned up as he/they were unaware that there was any in the car.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 54s
Gerard wearing a dark suit, check shirt, blue and white tie. Neat haircut, clean shaven

Some legal discussion before the jury arrives

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 44s

The jury is yet to enter the courtroom. A short delay this morning for a bit of legal discussion. #badenclay

*shoves plate in sqizzys direction :D
Oh yeah!!
Thank you very muchly.
I'll set up the buffet table :)

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 54s
Gerard wearing a dark suit, check shirt, blue and white tie. Neat haircut, clean shaven

Some legal discussion before the jury arrives

any razor cuts today:floorlaugh:

Ali if you don't mind, what are your thoughts on the manslaughter option? It confuses me a bit as in my view, he hasn't provided ANY evidence to the jury that would lead them to believe he did kill her but it wasn't intentional, or it was an accident. I would have thought that, because he has made no admissions about killing her at all, he would be either guilty of murder and covering it up, or not. It is different from say the Pistorius situation where he is saying yes I did kill her, but it wasn't murder, it was an accident. How could the jury find that GBC accidentally killed Allison I wonder (with no suggestion of an accident by GBC or his defence)? I hope I'm making sense.

I agree with you totally No evidence has been led to remotely support manlaughter. He has denied outright that he killed Allison. Therefore in my view, it is either guilty of murder and consequently, also guilty of interfering with a corpse, or acquittal of both charges. MOO

Oh Squizz
She would have loved this, and been right into those donuts [emoji24]

Marly would you mind reposting those few questions to me on the last page of the previous thread to make it easier for me to reply with quote. Thanks.

Happy to repost mine Ali:

Quote Originally Posted by alioop View Post

Have a look at Allison's phone bill in the bail hearing thread and see all the very long Internet connections on there and the kb values of the data. They are all $0 charge.

Alioop, to your recollection did they mention what triggered the cut-off and recommencement of these data sessions? Was it triggered by the phone being turned off, and subsequently back on? It just seems too coincidental that a data session commenced at 6.31am on the morning she went missing, and GBC's calls/texts to her phone commenced simultaneously.

I have been waiting for this to be covered throughout the trial, but to no avail. Was it deemed insignificant?

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 58s
Allison and Gerard's parents are in their usual positions on opposite sides of the court

Ali if you don't mind, what are your thoughts on the manslaughter option? It confuses me a bit as in my view, he hasn't provided ANY evidence to the jury that would lead them to believe he did kill her but it wasn't intentional, or it was an accident. I would have thought that, because he has made no admissions about killing her at all, he would be either guilty of murder and covering it up, or not. It is different from say the Pistorius situation where he is saying yes I did kill her, but it wasn't murder, it was an accident. How could the jury find that GBC accidentally killed Allison I wonder (with no suggestion of an accident by GBC or his defence)? I hope I'm making sense.

I agree, it is tricky and I struggle with the practicalities of how a jury can deal with murder or manslaughter. I think it the verdict will either be guilty of murder or an acquittal.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 44s

The jury is yet to enter the courtroom. A short delay this morning for a bit of legal discussion. #badenclay

Legal discussion at this late stage? Good grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave