The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 11th -12th June - Trial Days 2 & 3 - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 3s

The officers are asking her if anyone in the family has any allergies. Her dad is allergic to shellfish, she tells them. #badenclay

..and to caterpillars apparently.

Could this be alluding to what he bought at the pharmacy ie antihistame ??

Snap. Did he purchase liquid anti-histamine Phenergan or Vallergan at that Chemist? It has a sedative effect on children.

It is day three of the trial of former Brookfield real estate agent Gerard Baden-Clay, 43, who stands accused of murdering his wife Allison Baden-Clay, 43, on April 19, 2012.

Baden-Clay has pleaded not guilty in the Supreme Court in Brisbane.

10:40am: The jury is today hearing evidence from the 17th witness in the trial and the youngest daughter of the Baden-Clay family, who was aged five, on April 20, 2012.

The interview was filmed at the Indooroopilly Police Station and the girl tells two police officers she attends Brookfield State School and is in her Prep year.

The girl sits on a double sofa, clutching a purple Telly Tubby toy, wearing her school uniform and swinging her legs.

She said she was on school holidays recently for Easter and the Easter Bunny had visited, bringing chocolates.

“He brought some caramel and some normal chocolates,’’ she said.

TEARS IN COURT: Daughter tells of waking up and mum was gone

AS IT HAPPENED: How day two unfolded

STAFF TOLD: Allison knew of husband’s affair with co-worker

The girl tells police her mum had long, brown hair and her name was Allison.

“She was walking for a long time and we think she’s twisted her ankle because she stayed out for so long,’’ she said.

The girl said she lived in a blue house on Brookfield Rd with her family.

She said she went home after school on Thursday, April 19, 2012 with her sisters and her mum and together they ate afternoon tea.

“Mummy stayed home until Daddy came home and then we went to bed,’’ she said.

She said she couldn’t remember if she watched television that night but her favourite show was Peppa Pig.

The girl said she had mince for dinner with her family around the dining table.

“But they stayed up for a little it and watched some TV and then they went to bed,’’ she said.

She said she ``heard nothing’’ when she went to bed and slept through the night.

The girl said she woke up the next morning and her mum was gone.

“Daddy was asleep and Mummy went off for a walk we think,’’ she said.

``We think mum twisted her ankle … because she’s taking for a long time and she’s not coming home and getting ready for work.’’

The girl said she thought her father was asleep when her mother went for a walk.

“Because dad didn’t tell us much about mum,’’ she said.

`”He told me that maybe she’s out for a walk because sometimes in the morning she sometimes does that.’’

The girl said she went to school with her Aunty “Livy”- Gerard Baden-Clay’s sister, Olivia Walton.

She said her father was at home looking for mum at the time.

The girl said she didn’t know how her mum and dad were getting on the previous night.

She said her dad didn’t look any different when she woke up in the morning.

She said she had never heard mum and dad “talk loudly’’ to one another.

“Dad knows where mum walked sometimes,’’ the girl told police.

She said her mum usually drove her to school in “Sparky’’ a silver car.

She said the white car in the house was called “Snowy’’ and it was dad’s car.

“I think dad took Snowy to work,’’ she said.

The girl told police she watched some television when she woke up that morning, while her father was making lunches, and then realised her mother was gone.

The girl said her dad told his mum was missing.

“Dad told us that mum was gone and dad thinks that she went for a walk,’’ she said.

“Dad said to us that Dad couldn’t find mum and I don’t know what happened next.’’

She said her dad told her he was going to go and look for mum and had his work clothes on at the time.

The girl said her father had a shower that morning.

She said no one had told her what to tell the police but she had told her school friend what had happened.

The girl told police if something was upsetting her, she would tell her mum, dad, Aunty Liv or teacher about it.

Check back here for regular updates throughout Day 3 of the trial.

On Day 2, the heartbreaking interviews police conducted with Allison’s daughters on the day she disappeared were played to a Supreme Court jury.

It was the first time evidence from the girls has been made public, their emotional interviews bringing many in the court — including their father — to tears.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226951597398?login=1

The house they lived in was a high set. It's not unusual up here in sunny qld to have your laundry downstairs, or a spare fridge in the garage ( which was also downstairs ). I believe the house only has external stairs, so alas, it's not surprising G had his shoes on to retrieve milk or do some ironing ( or retrieve a clean shirt to iron).

Police were interested in the alignment of the cars. Typically garaged car reversed in . Might be thoughts of how accessed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 47s
The officers are asking her if anyone in the family has any allergies. Her dad is allergic to shellfish, she tells them. #badenclay

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 51s
Eldest daughter says she didn't hear any car noises that night. Her bedroom is above garage @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

I really dont think the girls heard anything. My kids 8 6 5 once asleep they can sleep through anything. My dogs can jump all over them bark and the kids dont stir. We live in area with ferrals yelling at each other in the street right im front of our house (kids rooms at the front, single brick maisonette with no sound proofing) they dont hear a thing. If GBC and ABC were fighting outside I find it very possible the kids did not hear anything.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou

We're breaking until 11.45pm.

The youngest girl didn't say they watched "peppa pig" that she watched on the Thursday night, just that it was her favourite show - is that right?
Re the toys in the boot - do we have a date the photo was taken, seems reason able enough when they were preparing to move out after Alison's murder

-

The youngest girl didn't say they watched "peppa pig" that she watched on the Thursday night, just that it was her favourite show - is that right?
Re the toys in the boot - do we have a date the photo was taken, seems reason able enough when they were preparing to move out after Alison's murder

-

I believe the photos of the cars were taken on the afternoon of the 20th April

-

She said she couldn’t remember if she watched television that night but her favourite show was Peppa Pig.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...ing-wife-allison/story-fnii5v70-1226951597398

Didnt the girls have a carnival that day? And went for a swim at Bwana's house. Geeze they wouldve been very tired. Mine would sleep very heavily after a day like that

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Also particularly interested as to who was parked where. The eldest daughters bedroom located above the garage. NBC referred to as "Bwana"

Think police were trying to rule out persons in rear of vehicle particularly family that had been injured... Perhaps to exclude any other family members blood being found there as DNA matching could be similar?

Marly, I'm currently in the courtroom trying to share anything that's not tweeted . However not on Twitter ATM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member