The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 11th -12th June - Trial Days 2 & 3 - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou‏@KateKyriacou·7 mins
They ask her which side of the bed mum and dad sleep on. Who makes the beds in the mornings? She says Dad makes his bed. #badenclay

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 1m
Child protection officers to middle daughter: "Did Mum and Dad ever have arguments?" - "I don't know." @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 2m
Middle child says she didn't hear any voices or car noises the night Allison was last seen. @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · now

We're now being shown an interview with the youngest daughter on June 27, 2012. #badenclay

She tells them she is five. The detectives make her laugh by repeating back that she is six. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 32s

Officer: The morning that mum went missing, what conversations did you have with dad? Girl: I forgot.

Girl: I talked to Auntie Livvie about it but I forgot what I said. #badenclay http://bit.ly/1pJFkbN

Officer: The night before ... did you hear any voices that night? Girl: I heard the TV. #badenclay

Officer: What about any car noises? Girl is silent. Officer: Did you hear mum or dad fighting? Girl: No. #badenclay

Officer: Did mum or dad ever have arguments? Girl: I don't know. #badenclay

That interview has finished playing. #badenclay

BBM.

This is what my stepdaughter says when she doesn't want to reveal what she actually knows. It's said in a way that is 'I know but I don't want to tell you so I will just say this instead'. And it's easy to tell the difference between a genuine 'I don't know' and a 'I'm hiding something'. Trying to protect dad perhaps??

MOO...

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m
Now, another police iv with the youngest #badenclay daughter in June 2012. @abcnews

The interview took place at the Surfers Paradise Police Station.

The girl said her mother and her younger sister had packed the toys up into the boxes.

“Only here,’’ she said when asked if she had ever seen the toys kept in the back of Sparky before.

She said she took Dimetapp if she was sick.

She said her Aunty Livy (Baden-Clay’s sister Olivia Walton) and grandfather came over to the house.

The girl said she heard the television on the night her mum went missing.

“Just voices,’’ she said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...ing-wife-allison/story-fnii5v70-1226951597398

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 42s

They are going through the same list of questions. How many cars do they have, what colours are they? #badenclay

She says the white car "Snowy" is her dad's and the silver car "Sparky" is her mum's. #badenclay

The ask her what things are kept in the back of the cars. She says she doesn't know. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou‏@KateKyriacou·5m
She tells them she is five. The detectives make her laugh by repeating back that she is six. #badenclay

All these questions about the cars ... it was the finding of blood in the car that finally enabled the arrest. If that's the only smoking gun and everything else is circumstantial, will it be enough??? How much blood would be conclusive?

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 26s

Officer: Have you ever had any toys in the car? Girl: No. They ask if anyone has ever sat in the boot of the car. She says no.

They ask her how she's been feeling. She says "good". #badenclay http://bit.ly/1pJFkbN

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 2m
The interview room has a yellow elephant drawing on the wall; the 5yo answers in a small voice about the #badenclay cars

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 4m
Court shown video of littlest #badenclay daughter, 5, wearing brand new shoes, on police couch, two months after her mother's body found.

Kate Kyriacou‏@KateKyriacou·1 min
They ask her how she's been feeling. She says "good". #badenclay http://bit.ly/1pJFkbN

Sarah Elks‏@sarahelks·3 mins
The interview room has a yellow elephant drawing on the wall; the 5yo answers in a small voice about the #badenclay cars


Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 28s

The little girl says she doesn't remember anything about her mum going on walks. #badenclay

They ask her what her sisters and mum and dad wear to bed. "Pyjamas," she answers every time. #badenclay

The officers show her a picture of the toys in the boot of the car. Officer: What's in that picture? Girl: I don't know. #badenclay

The interview has finished. They thank the little girl for being so helpful. #badenclay

So much focus on the cars ... these second interviews must have been conducted just after the police finally got the forensic results from the cars. Maybe besides blood, they found cleaning fluid (the fluid used to clean up the blood) and they want to establish that cleaning fluid isn't normally stored in the back of the car?

They might have been G on the public phone at the show grounds screaming like a girl.
(sorry, I just had to say it)

LOL!!! I wonder if we will see any examples in this trial....

Counting the days till OP's trial starts up again!

So much focus on the cars ... these second interviews must have been conducted just after the police finally got the forensic results from the cars. Maybe besides blood, they found cleaning fluid (the fluid used to clean up the blood) and they want to establish that cleaning fluid isn't normally stored in the back of the car?

and the toys, they seem to be significant.

AFAIK, if there isn't enough blood evidence to suggest a death it won't bring a conviction unless the other evidence is strong/convincing. jmo
We'll have to wait and see. :)

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 5s

The next witness is Steve Courtney, a resident of Anstead. He lives near the Kholo Creek bridge. #badenclay

Mr Courtney says in late April, 2012, the water in the creek was flowing "swiftly". #badenclay

Mr Courtney says he lives near Ugly Gully creek. There was a lot of water going through the pipes. #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500