The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 11th -12th June - Trial Days 2 & 3 - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't they have Mince for dinner that night? Isn't it supposed to be sweet?

Here mince is what you'd call ground meat, and normally refers to beef. Mince pies are served at Christmas, spiced fruit in pastry or shortbread, but they are meatless - I think they used to have meat a long time ago.

I wonder what they call him in the Arthur Gorrie Centre..

#3696 , I suppose..

Hi everyone. Phew! Things were moving along so fast this afternoon, I had no time at all to check the board or hit refresh in between posting tweets. I'm really sorry if I've doubled up and I know I missed a few tweet updates here and there. Not that familiar with tweeting protocol either, but I hope that at least some of what I've posted was ok and made sense. Massive thanks to others who posted and especially those who were in court. Biggest thanks goes to Marly, who was lightning-fast with answers to questions and always moderates with empathy and wisdom. Right, I'm off now to re-visit all that happened today on here and read comments from others that I will have missed.

A big thank you Oz Jen. You did a great job. Don't worry too much about doubling up on tweets. It's bound to happen and it's better than not having any information at all.

I'm having trouble getting this straight - NBC was a prosecution witness, was examined by Mr Fuller on direct and then turned over to Mr Byrne for cross examination...all within 40 minutes?
Where were the tough questions? Has his examination been completed? Will the prosecution re-direct on Monday? This seems to be so wishy washy IMO

ETA: Thankyou so much for everyone posting the twitter feeds, I know there are so many of us who appreciate it. I'm following this from my FIFO job OS, not getting as much done as I would like

Mr Fuller will have an episode of re-direct after Mr Byrne.....

I admit I found it odd that Nige was a prosecution witness....... that is still a bit puzzling to me. Ditto Olivia.

Who here is familiar with show Carson's Law? Wasn't the sly butler pronounced GerARD?

Manifestation??? WTF? I am so furious with this man.... I knew he was going to carry on like a <modsnip>!

I can just imagine the little girls parroting their grandpa with his big words and turn of phrase.

If my husband went missing Id be calling his parents instead of mine. At what time was Allison's parents told? Before or after the police were involved? Has that been mentioned?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am so curious as to whom Gerard/Ger/ Geraaaaaard/ Gereeeeeeed will call as his defence witness/ witnesses.....

A BIG thankyou again to all who helped out with the updates & comments from court.

Thanks also to everyone else for being here for Allison!

Beautiful-yellow-sunflower-on-vintage-stained-paper-background-heart-shaped-stickers.png

I'm having trouble getting this straight - NBC was a prosecution witness, was examined by Mr Fuller on direct and then turned over to Mr Byrne for cross examination...all within 40 minutes?
Where were the tough questions? Has his examination been completed? Will the prosecution re-direct on Monday? This seems to be so wishy washy IMO

ETA: Thankyou so much for everyone posting the twitter feeds, I know there are so many of us who appreciate it. I'm following this from my FIFO job OS, not getting as much done as I would like

BBM.

Nigel Baden-Clay will return to the witness box on Monday morning.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...#ixzz34P8QjBBo

who does Nige think he's kidding? let's take a look here.. Alison is working at century 21, where Nige 'puts up signs' ,... why is she working there? because Gerard had to fire Toni from the position, because Alison found out he was bonking her all around Brookfield in the car, and Alison also stepped up and took that job..

Nige and Elaine were at the office when all this went down.. not quite 7months before ALisons murder!...

Must admit, I love reading your posts Trooper!!!

If my husband went missing Id be calling his parents instead of mine. At what time was Allison's parents told? Before or after the police were involved? Has that been mentioned?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Although it doesn't mention it in this report, from memory of the phone records, I believe he called Allison's parents after he'd phoned police.

May 04, 2012

Speaking exclusively to The Courier-Mail yesterday, Mr Dickie and wife Priscilla recalled how life had become a nightmare since receiving the call from their son-in-law Gerard on Friday two weeks ago.

"He (Mr Baden-Clay) just said she went for a walk and she didn't return - that's all he said," Mr Dickie said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/grief-for-lost-daughter/story-e6freoof-1226346302840

A huge thanks to drsleuth, PrimeSuspect and Amee for your continual updates today. It's very much appreciated.

I can't believe we're going to have another three or more weeks of this. :scared:

The two officers, specially trained members of the Queensland Police Service’s child protection unit, gently asked the 10-year-old questions about injuries she and her sister had suffered in the past, medicine they took and the seating arrangements in the family’s two cars.

The little girl, who proudly showed officers the new shoes she was wearing at the beginning of the interview, said the Baden-Clays had nicknamed the two vehicles ‘Snowy’ and ‘Sparky’. The court has heard police found Allison’s blood in the back of the latter, a grey vehicle usually driven by her.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-happily-married/story-e6frg6nf-1226951651125

Those poor sweet innocent girls :angel::angel:

Although it doesn't mention it in this report, from memory of the phone records, I believe he called Allison's parents after he'd phoned police.

May 04, 2012

Speaking exclusively to The Courier-Mail yesterday, Mr Dickie and wife Priscilla recalled how life had become a nightmare since receiving the call from their son-in-law Gerard on Friday two weeks ago.

"He (Mr Baden-Clay) just said she went for a walk and she didn't return - that's all he said," Mr Dickie said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/grief-for-lost-daughter/story-e6freoof-1226346302840

I think it's in Kellie Thomson's statement that GBC phoned Allison's parents at 9:00am.

A huge thanks to drsleuth, PrimeSuspect and Amee for your continual updates today. It's very much appreciated.

I can't believe we're going to have another three or more weeks of this. :scared:

Tell me about it! I'll be modsnipping myself all over the place :)

and that is their life forever, Dr Sleuth... always looking down the driveway out of the window waiting for Mum to come back from her walk. .. every day. For as long as they live..

that will be the bass riff of their lives...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus