The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 17th June - Trial Day 5 - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 57s
McHugh agrees with defence that she rarely heard from Gerard on weekends as they were for his wife and kids. @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m
Defence says they met again and Gerard told Ms McHugh "this is too hard". Correct, Ms McHugh says. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 49s
Mr Byrne says Gerard's affair with Ms McHugh followed the same pattern for years. She agrees #badenclay

Defence: Again, this is a pattern that has been going on for years. Ms McHugh: It's a pattern, yes. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 32s
Defence: So he listened to you, but nothing ever happened. Ms McHugh: He was good at making promises. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 45s
Defence: Nothing ever came of any of his promises. #badenclay

He must be feeling happy. I, on the other hand,must be feeling dismal as I am wearing black!?

Wow I must be suicidal in my black leggings and black uggies eating cold pizza. Oh palease! What credentials give them the right to evaluate that rot! Rhodes scholars or what!

CRIKEY!

10:07am: The court has heard Dr Nicholas Burke from Kenmore Clinic and psychologist Elizabeth Rosmond Nutting will be called to give evidence today.

10:07am: The fifth day of the trial has begun.

Gerard Baden-Clay's former mistress Toni McHugh has returned to the witness box to be cross-examined by his defence counsel Michael Byrne QC.

Yesterday was another highly emotional day in Court 11 as Allison Baden-Clay's heartbroken parents Priscilla and Geoff Dickie and her best friend Kerry-Anne Walker testified.

Mr Baden-Clay's sister Olivia Walton also gave evidence telling the court her brother was a doting father and supportive husband who took on the responsibility of running the household while Allison suffered what she described as "debilitating depression".

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-5-week-2-20140617-3a9wj.html#ixzz34qpFdloC

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 45s
McHugh agrees with defence that Gerard would make promises but nothing ever came of it. @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 51s
McHugh agrees that ups and downs of relationship with Gerard was a pattern that went on for years. #badenclay @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 37s
McHugh: He'd make promises. Byrne: nothing ever came out of making those promises. McHugh: No. #badenclay @abcnews

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 44s
Defence reading email from Ms McHugh to Gerard's Bruce Overland email account #badenclay

10:10am: Mr Byrne has now turned his attention to Mr Baden-Clay's private email account under the name Bruce Overland.

Ms McHugh said she believed Mr Baden-Clay would use the account to make inquiries with other real estate agents to keep abreast of the competition.

10:09am: Defence counsel Michael Byrne, QC, has asked Toni McHugh about her decision to end her marriage soon after her affair with Gerard Baden-Clay began.

"I had very strong feelings of attachment to Gerard and I wasn't going to stay in that marriage. I couldn't," she said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-5-week-2-20140617-3a9wj.html#ixzz34qpUP900

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 38s
Ms McHugh asked in email why she should be treated any differently to his wife, and she was sick of being second best #badenclay

Email cont... "I shouldn't, that's the reality." #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 1m
McHugh: (Gerard) was good at making promises. Defence: But nothing ever came out of any of those promises, did it? McHugh: No. #badenclay

10:16am: Mr Byrne has turned his questioning to the period after the affair ended ...

"You'd been through a tumultuous period after the break ... and after about three months he contacted you and you met. You knew that Allison had almost immediately started working in the business and he told you that he wasn't going to leave his wife Allison," Mr Byrne said.

"Not at that time," Ms McHugh replied.

Mr Byrne: "He told you that."

Ms McHugh: "He did tell me that."

Mr Byrne: "But he said words to the effect that 'one day we will be together'."

Ms McHugh: "That's correct."

Mr Byrne: "That's not different from what happened from 2008 onwards."

Ms McHugh: "Correct."

Mr Byrne: This is the pattern that's been going on for years?"

Ms McHugh: "It would appear so, yes."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-5-week-2-20140617-3a9wj.html#ixzz34qpbz1Pw

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 46s
Another email is being shown where Ms McHugh talks to Gerard about looking at rental properties. #badenclay

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 45s
McHugh agrees with defence that Gerard would make promises but nothing ever came of it. @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 51s
McHugh agrees that ups and downs of relationship with Gerard was a pattern that went on for years. #badenclay @abcnews

If it went on for years GBC must have been pretty serious about TM.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 56s
Defence says it's another example of Ms McHugh "raising your hopes and expectations". #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 59s
Defence highlights another email where Ms McHugh was looking for somewhere for Gerard to live when he left Allison #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 44s
In a third email, Gerard promises he will be separated by July 1 #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 57s
Email on April 3 from Gerard to Ms McHugh: "I will be separated by 1 July." #badenclay

Defence says this is Gerard "talking the talk with you but nothing happened". #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m
Jury shown emails again in which #badenclay promised to leave his wife by July 1 2012. @abcnews

Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 49s

Frm mistress Toni McHugh takes stand again. Wearing all black with watermelon & b/w scarf. @abcnews #badenclay

Wearing all black in the eyes of Nigel means she is depressed. Wonder how many other 'depressed' people there are in the court room wearing dark clothes.:jail:

the defence sounds like the prosecution

I think they are trying to establish that as he had and was able to easily string her along for years that there was never any pressure to take action (and get rid of Allison). It is diffusing his motive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu