The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 17th June - Trial Day 5 - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this because he was saying her walking clothes were missing?

I haven't seen anywhere that he says that. I might have missed something. All I've read is that he tells police she didn't come home from walking, and that she usually goes walking in the morning. Think I read something earlier today where he told police she went walking irregularly.

Has anyone been think about WHY her mobile phone is missing? How could it be so incriminating that it had to be destroyed? Surely throwing it off onto her 'walking route' would have looked better for GBC.

Also, personally, I would have gone for abduction by person or persons unknown during the walk. The whole suicide theory seems to be a really hard sell, especially in terms of the distance she was found from home.

The photos in the virtual tour shows the back window frames with gray/black finger print dust all over them. So I think the virtual tour was done after the police had been over the house.
In the 'tour' it also showed bags and cases on or around the bed, whereas the first reports were the bed was made with a just scarf or throw across it.
JMHOO

That's it! That's what got me! The photo on the news showed the room looking in from the doorway of the bed, treadmill, curtain etc. no bags or cases. Wasn't the house a crime scene immediately? Unless the police took more photos after/ during Gerard was packing for Tallebudgera or to go to BC seniors? Have I got this all wrong? How do I post this photo? It was on 9 news.

I am going to post my artists impression of how I think he got his injuries. I don't think it's too graphic but if anyone's offended please alert a mod. I don't think I can explain without it.

Ohh I forgot to mention, in court today before Toni came back to the stand, defence team mentioned that, as per their closed court discussions on Friday, Gerard will not be in court on Monday next week. The defence wanted it officially recorded. They did not mention why.

Ohh I forgot to mention, in court today before Toni came back to the stand, defence team mentioned that, as per their closed court discussions on Friday, Gerard will not be in court on Monday next week. The defence wanted it officially recorded. They did not mention why.

What could be more important that your own murder trial????

Is there someone testifying on the condition that he isn't present?

What could be more important that your own murder trial????

If he is not there, is that a legal descion? Alioop would you have any insight as to why?
I hope he has a completely miserable week scrubbing toilets or similar locked up in Arthur Gorrie!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think his chest injuries can be explained by Allison's head rubbing and struggling against the area.

I think the facial injury is Allison breaking free from his grasp (dancers can be strong) and scratching.

He had a hand injury which could've been caused from her mouth (I can't find photos of this injury)

I think the blood in the car came from Allison biting her own tongue. It was too decomposed to examine.

I also wonder if police did forensics on his wedding ring, because if there were possible jaw/chin injuries I would conclude that he used his left hand to cover her face.

My opinion only

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 96
I haven't seen anywhere that he says that. I might have missed something. All I've read is that he tells police she didn't come home from walking, and that she usually goes walking in the morning. Think I read something earlier today where he told police she went walking irregularly.

I apologise as I don't know how to link this but in the bail hearing documents, interview with GBC at Brookfield. He is talking about her walking outfits and Sgt Curtis asks which one is missing and he says the grey one.

I am looking forward to the roundabout too! Weren't the police timing vehicle driving times, closing the round about at night and seeking witnesses of vehicles?
Is it a possible scenario that A & G have argued outside, struggled (maybe fallen hence the plant matter) and she has made a dash for the Captiva to get away from him and taken off. Gerard follows in hot pursuit in the the Prado(squealing wheels, loud thumps of car doors being slammed). If I remember a witness saw 2 cars following each other closely out near the bridge.
Another struggle at the bridge (scratches etc) and she strikes her face against the perhaps open tailgate of the Captiva? Explains the chipped tooth and perhaps a blood nose.. They bleed copiously. But his blow has killed her.
Now he has more problems on his hands. He has to dispose of the body but in addition he has two cars out at the bridge. He needs someone else to drive one of them back.
Enter NBC. After a call from G, he drives to the shopping center at the rounabout, leaves his own car there, and GBC picks him up in his Prado. Back out to the bridge, make sure the body is hidden, and they drive the two cars back to the Brookfield house. Leave the Captiva, back to the shopping center carpark in the Prado and pick up GBCs car and back to Brookfield to start inventing the night to explain the events to the police.
Too far fetched?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Nothing can be too far fetched. Good thinking.

I have a Prado and being a heavy 4x4 it's quite difficult to 'chuck a wheelie' but if the Captiva was a front wheel drive (not 4x4) the tyres can squeal & slip easier.

Some thoughts:

It is very very difficult (although not impossible, I concede) to die from an overdose of Sertraline. Hundreds of thousands of Australians take it daily and there is no way it would still be prescribed if it was that easy to take an overdose and die. It is not as simple as just taking all the pills in the box at once and dying. Usually overdose resulting in death happens with a cocktail of all sorts of different drugs and nothing else was found in her system. I have a friend who is a psychiatrist and he said you could take 100 of the tablets and still not die! As this seems to be something that the defense is angling for I really hope they have an expert witness to question about this.

http://www.rxlist.com/zoloft-drug/overdosage-contraindications.htm

I noticed during the trial today they mentioned a police officer searched Allison’s car and found an empty box of her medication. I wonder if GBC emptied it out to fit with the suicide story….?

Welcome :)

Yes I thought the empty Zoloft box was a plant too.

And yes, while Zoloft OD isn't that common (and in Allison's case the autopsy just found normal levels anyway), I should clarify that the possibility of fatal OD doesn't keep a drug off the market, nor are multiple drugs required - you can successfully kill yourself with just Panadol.

And no, not freshly shaven in my opinion! Shaving cream put on in the am for the girls benefit only!

Those face picks (scratches) were taken 2 days after he reported her missing. I seem to remember he was shaved by police forensics for the pictures.

Gerard is so cool and collect in the phone transcript. He doesn;t sound tired, like a man who has been up all night, he doesn't agitated or frightened, I don't quite know what to make of that!

Yep I thought the same. Nothing untoward but I thought he wanted to hang up when the operator asked his name. I think he thought "well this it, here goes" I could also hear someone in the background.

I think his chest injuries can be explained by Allison's head rubbing and struggling against the area.

I think the facial injury is Allison breaking free from his grasp (dancers can be strong) and scratching.

He had a hand injury which could've been caused from her mouth (I can't find photos of this injury)

I think the blood in the car came from Allison biting her own tongue. It was too decomposed to examine.

I also wonder if police did forensics on his wedding ring, because if there were possible jaw/chin injuries I would conclude that he used his left hand to cover her face.

My opinion only
With regard to the wedding ring, it would depend upon whether it was 9 or 18ct gold. This is my area of expertise. 9ct is way harder than 18ct, 18ct has a lot less alloy so therefore is quite a lot softer. Either way, it would be inconclusive as normal day to day activities do graze, dint 18ct gold but by the same token, both are damaged by things like driving(steering wheel), washing up, day to day activities. Sterling silver and then gold plated is really soft, howevever I doubt he had this as Allisons ring pictures were of a substantial size. Hope this makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74