The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Neither of us had a shower on one occasion and I said maybe we should have a shower and we smelled,” he said.

Mr Fuller asked the accused whether those questions were asked on April 19, 2012.

“That’s completely untrue,” Baden-Clay said.

Baden-Clay asked him why it was necessary to go out to ask the questions.

“It was something Allison wanted to do. She wanted to grab a coffee and go out,” he said.

Mr Fuller asked the accused about his calls with mistress Ms McHugh on April 19, 2012.

Baden-Clay agreed she usually called at that time, in the early evening or late afternoon, to avoid coming into contact with his wife.

He agreed he spoke to her for about 7 minutes.

The accused agreed Ms McHugh called him again around 5.15pm and the call lasted roughly 10 minutes.

Baden-Clay agreed they spoke again for another 13 minutes at 5.25pm.

He said it was more or less one phone call.

Baden-Clay agreed that meant they were speaking together for around half an hour.

“Probably would have mentioned that, she would have been describing what she was doing. But as I discussed before the predominant part of that second conversation was her talking to me,” he said.

The accused said Ms McHugh spoke to him about starting a new job and he was keen to find out how it was going.

He agreed Ms McHugh would have called him earlier in the week, as well.

Baden-Clay said it was not a major issue that Ms McHugh would be at the real estate conference with his wife.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226972945594

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 19s
On the other hand, she may have gone for a walk and been abducted #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 7s
Fuller says Gerard told the police about the affair, that they'd spoken about it the previous evening but there was no fight. #badenclay

David Murray @TheMurrayD · 3s
Fuller: they asked you questions about her mental health, medication, your relationship #badenclay

David Murray @TheMurrayD · 27s
Fuller: police searched your yard, told you phone triangulated #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 10s
Gerard agrees that these were all possible #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 34s
Or else somebody may have entered the house and taken her #badenclay

Now we're getting warm.... a truth within a lie - BBM

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m
Gerard says her falling over, getting knocked unconscious, was foremost in his mind. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 7s
Fuller: There were some questions about your face. Fuller says he volunteered to some officers what had happened. #badenclay

Gerard says if you'd asked him where Kholo Creek bridge was before April, he wouldn't have been able to tell you. #badenclay

A RE Agent not knowing every nook and cranny of his local area????

David Murray @TheMurrayD · 22s
Gerard: there were other questions #badenclay

David Murray @TheMurrayD · 31s
Fuller: you volunteered to police about the scratches on your face. Gerard: because the officer was looking at my face #badenclay

He agreed Ms McHugh was aggressive on the phone and “lost it”.

Baden-Clay said Ms McHugh yelled at him and suggested it was disrespectful he had not told either his wife or her they would both be at the conference.

“That was part of how Toni reacted to certain things, she was quite volatile … so I anticipated she would … be prepared to deal with it if she happened to see her. She was volatile with me, I had no concerns with her being an issue towards Allison,” he said.

The accused agreed Ms McHugh wrote in an email on Monday, February 20, 2012 that she was angry and sick of taking a backseat to his relationship with his wife.

But Baden-Clay said he did not believe she was capable of being confrontational with his wife.

“You understand, as I’ve just explained to you before, I had known her for a period of over four years and I knew she had these explosive moments and cooled down afterwards,” he said.

Baden-Clay maintained he did not believe there would be any risk if the two women in his life met one another at the conference on April 20, 2012.

He said he did not tell his wife Ms McHugh would be at the conference because he did not want her to know he was still in contact with his mistress.

Baden-Clay said he did not intend to leave his wife for Ms McHugh, despite emails claiming he would do so being sent from his secret Bruce Overland account.

Mr Fuller asked the accused why he was not afraid of Ms McHugh providing the emails to his wife.

He said it had not crossed his mind.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226972945594

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 18s
Fuller: The furthest thing on your mind was that Allison had committed suicide. Gerard: It was not at the forefront of my mind. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 50s
Gerard says he told police, why aren't we out looking for Allison. #badenclay

David Murray @TheMurrayD · 16s
Fuller: furthest thing from your mind was that your wife committed suicide #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 58s
He agrees that a police officer was looking at the marks in his face so he volunteered that they were shaving cuts #badenclay

4:28pm: Mr Fuller has questioned Mr Baden-Clay about the morning he reported his wife missing.

Mr Baden-Clay said his foremost concern was that his wife had slipped, hit her head and been knocked unconscious on her morning walk.

4:24pm: Mr Fuller: "You told someone else that you were going to sell the business."

Mr Baden-Clay: "Sell the business?"

Mr Fuller: "Did you tell Toni McHugh that you were considering selling the business?"

Mr Baden-Clay chuckled.

Mr Baden-Clay: "Yes, I did."

Mr Fuller: "Wasn't that on the 19th?"

Mr Baden-Clay: "It may have been."

Mr Fuller: "Well that's a pretty dramatic step."

Mr Baden-Clay: "But I wasn't going to sell the business. I was yet again saying something to placate her and calm her down."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-13-week-4-20140701-3b55i.html#ixzz36CCYu4FP

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 28s
We have adjourned. Back tomorrow at 10am. #badenclay

David Murray @TheMurrayD · 14s
That's all for the day, cross with continue tomorrow #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 21s
And court is now adjourned until 10am #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 43s
He says the idea that Allison might have committed suicide was not at the forefront of his mind #badenclay

Baden-Clay maintained he did not believe there would be any risk if the two women in his life met one another at the conference on April 20, 2012

Yet TM spoke in highly descriptive terms about when she and Allison were in close contact at the gym - all of which contradicts GBC's sworn testimony

He...chuckled?!!! Read that and weep, Ms McHugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong